Outer Space Men review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm checking out a very cool, very retro set of toys tonight - the Outer Space Men from the Four Horsemen! Others have reviewed these as well...but I'm betting I'm the only one so far that actually played with the originals in 1968. Check out just how cool the marriage of retro and Glyos is at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

I'm checking out a very cool, very retro set of toys tonight - the Outer Space Men from the Four Horsemen! Others have reviewed these as well...but I'm betting I'm the only one so far that actually played with the originals in 1968. Check out just how cool the marriage of retro and Glyos is at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

You're not the only old man around here. I remember having at least Astro Nautilus. I bought Four Horseman's series 1 & 2 of these. I got to pick up the series 3 & 4.

what is GLYOS?

Michael -- I did the same thing you did; Matt Mason villains. Loved those characters. The squid guy was my favorite. You just took me down a path on memory lane I had forgotten for many, many years. Man, I loved those bendy figures.

You mean the original toys? No. Licensed action figures for anything, let alone tv shows, was pretty much unheard of in 1968. There was some comic book stuff like Captain Action, but serious licensing across the board including figures didn't really start til the release of Planet of the Apes.

Love these so much! Though my Alpha has a hard time standing up. Well, at least it has a hard time staying standing up.

was this like a TV show ?

Not everything in the toy world was a TV show or movie back in the 60s and early 70s, the way it is today. Back then you bought toys and used imagination to play with them, which is something I think is lacking today in toys, due to the preordained story lines of TV shows and movies and corporate desires to only make toys that have TV/movie tie ins.

The biggest toys, like the original GI Joe, Major Matt Mason, Zeroids, Hot Wheels, Johnny West, etc, had no comic books, no TV shows, no movies. Just imagination.

Sean

Last edited:
Not everything in the toy world was a TV show or movie back in the 60s and early 70s, the way it is today. Back then you bought toys and used imagination to play with them, which is something I think is lacking today in toys, due to the preordained story lines of TV shows and movies and corporate desires to only make toys that have TV/movie tie ins.

The biggest toys, like the original GI Joe, Major Matt Mason, Zeroids, Hot Wheels, Johnny West, etc, had no comic books, no TV shows, no movies. Just imagination.

Sean

hydrobud

I really like this new series from the Four Horesemen, wish they were a bit bigger though. I have a set of originals from 1968 with some backer cards, still look at them daily. Colossus Rex is too awesome for words. Got a chance to see the unproduced second series at last years NYCC & was awestruck! Really wish those were produced.

Pics of the upcoming wave look amazing and contain some of my most-wanted characters! Love the look of Gamma-X. I can't wait until we see pics of the actual toy with his clear armor on. And they are introducing an Outer Space Woman, Terra-Firma.

https://16bit.com/toyfair2012-4h-osmboards.asp

Back