RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I wanted to see that. been really into the Batwoman comic but i know shes nothing at all like the animated story. Ill have to remember to get this.

Same here, the new character pulled me in at the comic book shop and been into her ever since. Love her design. Like I mentioned before, I drew her a few times, you can see in the Art Section.

Justice League: Doom - 9.5/10

Just watched it, and for someone who didn't read the JLA: Tower of Babel story, I found it a very exciting watch! Wanted more, so I gave it 0.5 less than perfect.

Loved the part when Batman said.. "We can still save Superman & Green Lantern.. but you have to do exactly what I say." :clap
A hero so powerful & influential that metahumans who are 10x more powerful than him are following him at will. That's how bad-ass Batman is!!!! :rock

I just watched this last night as well!

Justic League: DOOM 8/10

For some reason I always thought it was Al Ghul who took Batman's files and used them against the team.

I never read the story either but it was still fun to watch, and I'm liking the change ups in style as these come out.

Mr Brooks 9/10

Kevin Costners best performance to date in my opinion and William Hurt is terrific as always

I actually really enjoyed Mr. Brooks myself, and thought it was a bit underrated (I wouldn't give it a 9, but. . . :D ). I never thought Costner was that great of an actor (and that movie didn't really change my mind), but he's serviceable in certain roles. I actually think he's most natural/believable in his baseball movies--Bull Durham and Field of Dreams. I'm guessing that's where his real passion is.

Anyways. . .

Your Highness: 7/10

Saw it on HBO on demand last night. Had zero expectations, and was pretty impressed! I liked the universe the movie created, it was fun, the actors did a good job, just a good solid action/comedy overall IMO.

Yes really want to see that. Excited now.

Shannon becoming one of the best actors around?

He certainly is. If the studio would have put the money behind this one to compete with the campaigning of the bigger films it would have been hard not to give Shannon the Oscar. Jessica Chastain is one to watch as well.

I have an affinity towards smaller indie films so stuff like this typically hits with me. I didn't expect how hard it would hit me. It's the first time in awhile that a movie gave me chills and literally took my breath away. His battle, his devotion, the love and strength of the family. I could really go on gloating and honestly don't expect this to be the majority of peoples thing on this board, but if you're a fan of independent film where story still reigns supreme this is one of its finest in a long time.

After Shotgun Stories, and now this, I'm worried Jeff Nichols is going to be high jacked by the big studios.

Mr Brooks 9/10

Kevin Costners best performance to date in my opinion and William Hurt is terrific as always

I actually really enjoyed Mr. Brooks myself, and thought it was a bit underrated (I wouldn't give it a 9, but. . . :D ). I never thought Costner was that great of an actor (and that movie didn't really change my mind), but he's serviceable in certain roles. I actually think he's most natural/believable in his baseball movies--Bull Durham and Field of Dreams. I'm guessing that's where his real passion is.

Anyways. . .

Your Highness: 7/10

Saw it on HBO on demand last night. Had zero expectations, and was pretty impressed! I liked the universe the movie created, it was fun, the actors did a good job, just a good solid action/comedy overall IMO.

Really dug Mr. Brooks. Thought it was a good role for him to play as well.

Another one I felt was good with him was Open Range.

The Three Musketeers (recent film) 6/10

It was an entertaining movie with some pretty good action scenes, and loved the war ships. It was totally over the top and cheesy, but again the fight scenes and gadgets made up for it. Was too long though and it seems they were trying to build up to a sequel which I doubt will happen.

Apollo 18 2/10

I walked out of my living room 30 mins in. Was too bored to care what happened and when I realized what was going on, I didn't stay long enough to see (but still heard) what happened. Huge snore.

Vantage Point - 7/10

Enjoyable enough. This is the '24' esque presidential assassination one with Dennis Quaid, Matthew Fox, Forrest Whitaker etc.

Antichrist - 6.5/10
I have seen some messed up ____ in movies, but this one definitely has to be in the top three of movies with ____ed up scenes, that I have seen... :horror :horror
Overal it was a pretty interesting watch though.

I hated "Anitchrist" too pretentious.

Stupid talking fox... WTF was that all about?

"The Captains" 7/10

Documentary about the actors of Star Trek. Avery Brooks is totally out of his mind, bat$#it crazy and answered all of Shatner's questions in song.

"The Captains" 7/10

Documentary about the actors of Star Trek. Avery Brooks is totally out of his mind, bat$#it crazy and answered all of Shatner's questions in song.

Yeah, the segments with Brooks were... interesting.

It didn't. It was about the world going to ____.

Not disagreeing with you. I rated it the same.

Tower Heist - 7/10
- Suprisingly good, considering how most movies with these much talent rarely delivers thinking that the amount of star power would be enough to make the movie interesting.

Justice League: Doom - 8/10
- DC keeps making good animated movies & this is one them. Having Conroy, Rosenbaum & Fillion just makes it a whole lo better as well. Great movie.

Back