The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the trailer again, I don't think Gabriel Luna's Terminator is the same as what we saw in Genisys. He appears to be able to keep his endoskeleton in one place, with the liquid (or nano) metal moving to another. So maybe one part of him is the host and the other is like a drone? Or he can make more copies of himself?

I'm not sure what to think after watching the trailer. I guess my first reaction was, here we go again.....maybe next time. I don't want to think that way. I want to hold onto the hope that there will be some redemptive quality to this movie. Just going to wait for the next trailer.

Is everyone sure that a-dev is OK? His silence is concerning.

31pyyx.jpg

Watching the trailer again, I don't think Gabriel Luna's Terminator is the same as what we saw in Genisys. He appears to be able to keep his endoskeleton in one place, with the liquid (or nano) metal moving to another. So maybe one part of him is the host and the other is like a drone? Or he can make more copies of himself?

To me it's like the villain terminator is like a continuation of the TX from T3, liquid metal and endo hybrid, and the female Terminator is like Marcus Wright.

It's the trap of the franchise, how to keep one-upping the previous villain. T1 villain was a metal skeleton robot, T2 upped that making one out of liquid that could become anything around it. T3 combined the liquid and endo models into one. It's like the filmmakers can't let go of this need to try and step it up, it's a futurstic robot not easily beat, that's enough.

To me it's like the villain terminator is like a continuation of the TX from T3, liquid metal and endo hybrid, and the female Terminator is like Marcus Wright.

It's the trap of the franchise, how to keep one-upping the previous villain. T1 villain was a metal skeleton robot, T2 upped that making one out of liquid that could become anything around it. T3 combined the liquid and endo models into one. It's like the filmmakers can't let go of this need to try and step it up, it's a futurstic robot not easily beat, that's enough.

Yep, other than her martial arts there was really nothing that Luv in BR 2049 could do that Batty couldn't. There was no need to give the replicants silly superpowers even decades after the first film took place. Just tell a good story about characters we care about.

a-dev has embarked on his spiritual journey of self discovery to the himalayas where the monks of the shaolin temple will heal the metaphysical wounds before they become permanent scars.

Music choice in the trailer was meh, but awesome to see Linda Hamilton back. The new t-1000? looks cool. Love Mackenzie Davis so I hope this one is good. David Goyer as one of the writers has been concerned. He is overrated

Let's just top it off, THIS is what's supposed to catch your interest walking through theaters.

terminator-dark-fate-poster.jpg

Bizarre an image as it may be, at least here we got a severed Endo head and a chick's ass to catch our eyes.

618q1z7DaXL._SY606_.jpg

Is everyone sure that a-dev is OK? His silence is concerning. Though expected.

He's fine...

H22dhfm.gif

In all seriousness (not really), at this point a-dev probably has battered woman syndrome. He just keeps on taking the beatings, hoping the T-800 will change. The T-800 keeps telling him, "Baby, this time is for real. I've change for the better."

That looks terrible.....seriously bad.

Boring terminator.....

Boring wanna be Terminator.....

Linda Hamilton with big guns looks silly.....

I know, how about this? I T800 , different model is the main antagonist?

It was much more intense when normal folks were trying to defeat a well armed T800. All this “one up” stuff is awful. They now have a chase in planes? Cause they used trucks, helicopters, cranes and motorcycles....

Id settle for a decent car chase again, without CGI.

This is gonna be terrible. Arnold will be the guy they modeled the Inital T800 off of.

Stupid movie

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I don't know honestly what they are thinking. We had 3 bad movies...and they somehow still manage to make a bad trailer (At this point they first priority should be to win back slowly everybody with good marketing, great trailer etc. Either they don't care or are just completely clueless.)...a bland and generic one at that...not to mention...there is truly nothing new here. It is just the same old going back in time...fight in the present...another new model. Old boring chases...with little "twist" here and there. How many times do we have to see the same thing, just with a different coat on it? And I am reading a lot of sites...and the alarming thing is...everybody is very negative about this...which is a very bad sign. You cannot foul people anymore...not even with Cameron's name on the poster.

I don't know honestly what they are thinking. We had 3 bad movies...and they somehow still manage to make a bad trailer (At this point they first priority should be to win back slowly everybody with good marketing, great trailer etc. Either they don't care or are just completely clueless.)...a bland and generic one at that...not to mention...there is truly nothing new here. It is just the same old going back in time...fight in the present...another new model. Old boring chases...with little "twist" here and there. How many times do we have to see the same thing, just with a different coat on it? And I am reading a lot of sites...and the alarming thing is...everybody is very negative about this...which is a very bad sign. You cannot foul people anymore...not even with Cameron's name on the poster.

Totally. With Cameron involved I fully expected a massive feeling of returning to T1/T2 form. But instead they give us a trailer that plays like a greatest hits compilation of T3, TS and TG??? It feels more like they got Sarah Connor to guess star on a current year TV show or something kind of how Ford briefly reprised his role as Indy in that one episode of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. There's nothing about this trailer that actually feels like a continuation of T1/T2. Cameron just destroyed every ounce of credibility he had in criticizing the other Terminator sequels in one fell swoop, lol.

Maybe the next trailer will have more substance, this is a teaser after all and typically those give no sense of story, which this succeeded in.

I have a feeling that the "substance" in the next trailer will be akin to Genysis giving away the whole damn plot after realizing how many fans were turned off by this one. I'm sure they're in massive damage control mode now, they would have been better off just releasing the poster and no footage at all.

This seems like it could very well be "The Predator" all over again, once again with an OGer contributing to the script who should have known better...

This trailer made me wonder why they didn't go ahead and make that sequel to Genisys? If you're just gonna make repetitive crap anyway stick to your previous plan for said repetitive crap. At least with that I had Emilia Clarke to look at and was mildly curious what Arnie was going to be like as a T-1000.

I see nothing here that justifies the continuation of this franchise, nothing to justify yet another reset to be the supposed 'real Terminator 3' like as though we've never heard that before.

Also, looks like this new villain Terminator gives Jackman Wolverine and Russo Hulk a run for their money in the getting his ass kicked stakes. Just a series of shots of him getting owned by Sarah Connor and the Mackenzienator. Is there going to be any kind of threat here?

You guys all have it exactly right from what I can see.

Back