Statue Oniri Creations: DC Comics - Superman: For Tomorrow 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Oniri Creations: DC license (1/6 scale) - Superman: For Tomorrow

The heat vision head looks great on this. And I love the movement effects on the bullets and rockets. I am not a gun expert, but is that what a bullet looks like after it's left the barrel? These look like the casing is still attached.

Yeah that’s definitely a mistake, but I guess someone contacted them about it and they replied it was the artist’s interpretation or something so they’re not fixing them.

Re: Oniri Creations: DC license (1/6 scale) - Superman

It seems like this just isn't going to your cup of tea no matter what, but I would encourage you to look through all the photos they posted on their site. They obviously couldn't have bullets floating in the air, but as you turn around the statue, from certain angles the bullets do appear like they are going straight at him. I think there is some genius perspective work going on in this piece that people may have not noticed yet.

It really isn't my cup of tea though you're right that you can get a bit more out of it by changing the angle.

I am not a gun expert, but is that what a bullet looks like after it's left the barrel? These look like the casing is still attached.

You are correct. Bit of a silly oversight there, especially since the bullets weren't represented like that on the comic cover they're replicating. Apparently they're being thrown at Superman and not fired from a gun.

Live%u00252B-%u00252BSpent%u00252BCasing%u00252B1.jpg

Yeah that’s definitely a mistake, but I guess someone contacted them about it and they replied it was the artist’s interpretation or something so they’re not fixing them.

That's pretty ridiculous. I don't think "artist's interpretation" covers a fundamental misunderstanding of how real world items function.

Hello everyone,

We will offer an additional set of realistic bullets for every statue ;)
Sorry about this

Re: Oniri Creations: DC license (1/6 scale) - Superman

It seems like this just isn't going to your cup of tea no matter what, but I would encourage you to look through all the photos they posted on their site. They obviously couldn't have bullets floating in the air, but as you turn around the statue, from certain angles the bullets do appear like they are going straight at him. I think there is some genius perspective work going on in this piece that people may have not noticed yet.

One example:

49210673357_59c3b65874_k.jpg

We did spend a lot of time working on the perspective. Thank you for noticing

You can get it for $540 from Sideshow's website and Specfiction shop

Amazing job on this.
If I collect statues, I would have definitely picked this up.
I mainly collect 1/6 hot toys.

The headsculpt is definitely one of the best portrait of Superman I've seen. And that base is magnificent.

Amazing job on this.
If I collect statues, I would have definitely picked this up.
I mainly collect 1/6 hot toys.

The headsculpt is definitely one of the best portrait of Superman I've seen. And that base is magnificent.

Much appreciated, Remy

You can get it for $540 from Sideshow's website and Specfiction shop

Any chance there will be similar style statues for Batman and Wonder Woman? :pray:

That's pretty ridiculous. I don't think "artist's interpretation" covers a fundamental misunderstanding of how real world items function.

I don’t think it’s that ridiculous as unfortunately/fortunately a lot of people don’t actually know what a bullet actually looks like. They probably just did a simple google search to make a 2D item on the page 3D and replicated the first search without doing further research.

Though even I admit it’s pretty obvious something was odd, even with my near total lack of knowledge of bullets...everything I know I think I learned from watching CSI :dunno

I don’t think it’s that ridiculous as unfortunately/fortunately a lot of people don’t actually know what a bullet actually looks like. They probably just did a simple google search to make a 2D item on the page 3D and replicated the first search without doing further research.

Though even I admit it’s pretty obvious something was odd, even with my near total lack of knowledge of bullets...everything I know I think I learned from watching CSI :dunno

Coming from the UK I honestly didn't know the difference lol

Is great that they're providing both styles for the more picky gun nuts

You don't have to be a "gun nut" to know that the casing doesn't travel with the bullet. Once you're aware of it, it looks quite stupid.

"You don't have to be a gun nut to work here but it helps" :wink1:

Back