Rene Belloq 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't understand why SSC would even make Belloq if they thought they'd need to pack an entire environment in with him to sell him. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Wow the Idol Environment COMES with Belloq? :google
That's just crazy, I never thought they'd do that. It's sure to help sell Belloq.
Belloq will probably cost $130 with that Idol Environment now.

If that's the environment that comes with Belloq then I'll have to buy Belloq but throw the "figure in a white suit" on ebay. Belloq is no must-have but that idol pedestal certainly is!!!

Uhhhh.... becuase he's Indy's arch-enemy?

If they think the figure wouldn't garner enough interest to sell on it's own, that doesn't really matter. If we're assuming the idol environment is a pack-in to make the figure more enticing, that implies there's not enough interest for the character.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the "exclusive idol environment" phrase is in reference to the idol base only coming with Belloq, not separately, thus it is "exclusive". That would be the only sensible reason for that text to be included with both the regular and exclusive versions of the sneaky Frenchman. The exclusive accessory with Exclusive Belloq will be something a little smaller.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the "exclusive idol environment" phrase is in reference to the idol base only coming with Belloq, not separately, thus it is "exclusive". That would be the only sensible reason for that text to be included with both the regular and exclusive versions of the sneaky Frenchman. The exclusive accessory with Exclusive Belloq will be something a little smaller.

Makes sense. Otherwise they wouldn't sell 1 non exclusive version. There'll be plenty of loose Belloq's on ebay for next to nothing.

Some pics up at CTR:

Belloq seems to have very slumped shoulders? Hope thats not an issue with the Pro? Suit looks stellar, btw.

SDCC08-SSCIndy-13.jpg

I wonder if Hasbro will be releasing a ceremonial Belloq around the same time. Then, I can buy them both, take off the jacket/hat, and give him the Hasbro robes and turban.

Wow, I'm really disappointed in this figure. Didn't really expect Belloq as announcement #2, much less in a suit.

Wonder how much this will be... I like him, and its a quality looking figure. But more than $70 and I'd be hard pressed to cough up the green. Even if it was lower, I'd still be on the fence.

Back