Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually wasn't aware of that but her comments seem pretty disingenuous compared to what was said before. So according to her "I have no interest in what white men think" equals "oh I totally want white men to weigh in I just want other demographics to weigh in too?" Eh, whatever Brie, lol.

Very few people of these ideological persuasions actually fit the misandric descriptors that their opponents throw at them. These days, it's all about being as loud, quick, and exaggerated as possible so you get more coverage (or make a bigger difference, whatever your intent). Journalists in actual news (not just tech or entertainment) now operate the same way, which is why so many recent stories have been hastily or poorly reported. Some are legitimately heinous and do it deliberately, others may simply do it because everyone around them does.

It's indeed obnoxious and I do miss nuance on both sides of the aisle -- they only seem to recognize it when critiquing the other, never their own -- but it's an unfortunate symptom of the times. I don't believe Brie hates white men as some in this thread have suggested. She has and continues to work with so many. She's just using the language of the day and is especially clumsy with it. Also she's the star of the next Marvel movie, so she has more eyes on her when these things happen.

What really bugs me is that this kind of stuff is given more coverage than the actual film and its production, so when I sit in the theater to try and form an unbiased opinion after having heard nothing but back-and-forth mud-flinging for months, it's hard to detach it from that and the whole experience winds up tainted. I can never think about what a movie "is" to me, only the purpose it's meant to serve according to X and Y. Not that art can't be a form of activism, but when much of the activism component is publicized after production it makes a poor impression.

More and more I'm realizing it's best to tune out from the internet. Wasn't always like this, but in the current year I see more opinions and reactions being thrown around than proper content. Doesn't matter who's doing it. It's irritating.

Last edited:
Watching some of that interview jye posted (how, painful indeed, lol) I'm again given the impression that BL is simply an airhead, possibly even a clueless, well-meaning airhead that probably isn't worth being the champion sjw's make her out to be or the offensive bigot that non-sjw's like myself would believe based on her words alone.

I do think it's amusing to call out her BS but at the end of the day I'm sure I'll be there for at least one theatrical viewing regardless of how she's projected herself to date, lol.

I know a lot of actors, having worked in both hospitality (LOL) and production design.

A lot of them are very good at what they do, and it’s a difficult and nuanced trade, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise — but they’re not all intelligent, self-aware, critically thinking individuals with keen analytical powers and insight.

(Just like many other people in the world).

I think the famous ones get a voice and do what anyone else would do - they run with it, whether to further their career, fulfil contractual obligations, or pursue their own agendas, but we the public sometimes give them too much credit or ascribe motives where there aren’t.

I tend to ignore interviews for partly that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was absolutely painful to sit thru just brutal :lol

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-takes-out-skrull-sniper-promo/

"How do you expect us to put the fate of the universe of one person?!"" an incredulous Nick Fury asks before he is soundly put in his place by Carol and her friend Maria Rambeau.

Nick Fury. The essential MCU badass. I'll give SLJ props for his acting ability. Hope he got paid quintillion dollars. Now I'm gonna go re-watch TWS and cry in a corner. *Mother*&$#&^%* :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Sometimes trailers lie. Besides, they're cocky fighter jocks. It's not like they wouldn't be sassy like Tom Cruise. ;)

Sassy is fine. It's the vision of the man who stared down Alexander Pearce e.g. "you need to keep both eyes open" and seeing SLJ be, apparently, "perky" in this film. Perky. Like he's about to break into a Disney song.

The enigmatic Fury "his secrets have secrets..." I can't watch CM, it's too soul-crushing:pow

Sassy is fine. It's the vision of the man who stared down Alexander Pearce e.g. "you need to keep both eyes open" and seeing SLJ be, apparently, "perky" in this film. Perky. Like he's about to break into a Disney song.

The enigmatic Fury "his secrets have secrets..." I can't watch CM, it's too soul-crushing:pow

LOL...fair enough. I think they may have went there with Fury because it's so against the grain. People love roasting badasses.

Reserving judgement until I see the film. At any rate I'm soulless so not worried. :bunnydanc

LOL...fair enough. I think they may have went there with Fury because it's so against the grain. People love roasting badasses.

Reserving judgement until I see the film. At any rate I'm soulless so not worried. :bunnydanc

Plus this is Agent Fury in the 90s before he became the badass head of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Perhaps we'll see a few seeds of his "trust issues" planted in this film.

Im a big fan of the MCU, especially cosmic stuff like this.. but god its such a turn off when I have to see the actors weigh in on political related things.

Please leave current politics out of my superhero movies, I partly watch this stuff to escape that stuff. I’ll still go see the flick, but damn Brie, please dont be another celebrity sheep!

Plus this is Agent Fury in the 90s before he became the badass head of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Perhaps we'll see a few seeds of his "trust issues" planted in this film.

Yeah, he's presumably still an obvious tough guy, but greener than the world-weary power-player we see in the 'present day' MCU.

There's precedent for Marvel putting screwball, comedic spins on previously more 'serious' characters, Ragnarok being the prime example.

Yeah, he's presumably still an obvious tough guy, but greener than the world-weary power-player we see in the 'present day' MCU.

There's precedent for Marvel putting screwball, comedic spins on previously more 'serious' characters, Ragnarok being the prime example.

True. Although to me there's an underlying enormous intelligence about Ragnarok - lots of sly pokes at modern society, at the heroic genre - IMO genius, which is what makes it so d@mn funny. To me hugely different than Guardians, tho the films are compared a lot.

Overall tho - since I read the supposedly leaked spoiler plot - if what I read is accurate - this isn't a movie for me. Maybe something I'd check out on cable, except for certain stuff like the Skulls and the cat. Besides already thinking Feige is forcing too much, too fast, in an already crowded playing field that has, like, a god (Thor) and other assorted IMO more interesting players that weren't given due in IW - some like Valkyrie didn't even show up on screen.:(

tin.jpg

:pow:blissysmi:chug

Back