1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I did that as well Roger. It's the way you have the jacket spread out on the figure that looks so good to me. It is just like he wears it in the movies.

I was tinkering about with the revolver on my Raiders Indy and it split and now one part is lost on my carpet somewhere. I'm always losing bits. On the plus side though I have just found the whip holder for one of my figures!

Yeah, I just lifted his arms and tucked it back. Looks a little odd from the side, but, you're not really looking at him from that angle much. Was that the SSC revolver? The safety catch and hammer are on the same pin. Mine fell apart too, I have all the parts, just not the dexterity to put it back together again. I have an old DML revolver tucked into his holster. Not having an Indy revolver was partly why I went for the pose I did. I don't think HT hands will hold the whip though. I got a set from an Enterbay Leon figure. The Artoys one may have the same hands.

Im thinking to sell my Sideshow Fertility idol. 1004/1500. Box and brown box . If interested send me your offers via Pm. Thanks

My DX05 boots started cracking down, sadly. Anyone has the SS TOD boots for sale please let me know. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My HT shoulder bag straps have started to go too. Adjusted a pose slightly and the pleather just fell apart. I'm getting to the point where I avoid pleather items over sculpted plastic now. It just isn't worth the risk.

I've started making my own belts and other items using very thin leather and have been pretty happy with them. You really have to wonder why - for the price they charge - HT and others don't use real leather for belts etc.

I had an entire custom Indy from Shawn (Soverign Studios) at one point. He was amazingly talented. The MKVII bag was especially well done. It’s too bad things went “south” the way they did. He did good work.

When I first started on this forum I actually took the time to track down that customizer guy "Blindvoyeur" who took a bunch of money for TOD Mola Ram customs on here then took off and didn't deliver. I was curious to see if he actually finished any of them, but I never actually contacted him in the end.

It's a common thing on these boards - very talented people who produce great customs, take a lot of money, then disappear (and perhaps reappear under different names.)

I hear you, similar situations have happened to me, also in the area of 1 /1 props. This is specifically where I respect and appreciate Kato (above and beyond his top of the top work and artistry in the 1/6th scale community), he does not ask for any deposit of any form, and will not except payment until the work is done. Of course, we all have the right to choose to buy or not buy whatever we like. But I wish more people were like him, no upfront deposits ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My HT shoulder bag straps ... the pleather just fell apart.

The HT bag is the worst I've ever seen. I bought a backup for the Arab Disguise. During the build of my Grail Indy the original bag strap snapped like butter, so I grabbed the other bag still pristine in plastic and it came apart in my hands in two places -- without pressure. :lol

I managed to make a strap using the left-over, strong lengths... but it is one thing I do need to replace entirely on my current Indy.

It's a joke how flimsy some of it is. I prefer just making my own custom figures now. I find it is a lot more interesting to try and put together different parts myself as well as painting my own heads and hats. Nothing beats seeing a finished figure on the shelf that you know you put together yourself. Well mostly!

Again, Michael's carries leather lacing that is dead on in color and in scale to the strap leather. It's a no brainer.

The SSC strap has always been fine. The Relic Hunter one was probably good too, I got that figure MIB and I think that strap may have been leather. My current bag is a DID John Coleman bag with custom rings and the SSC strap.

Last edited:
Literally called "leather lacing" in the leather crafts section. It comes in medium brown (Raiders), dark brown (Temple and Crusade), and black. I've used it several times over the years as all my Indy figures needed their straps replaced, as well as for Mad Max boots, custom belts, etc.

^ That stuff isn't too thick? Can't quite tell but it seems a bit thick from the pics.

Nope. I've used it more times than I can count. Like I said, I've replaced every single one of my HT satchel straps with this stuff. It fits the buckle perfectly without any modifications. Having been around long enough, I can assure you this stuff is not too thick.

Back