Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/8/18173838/resident-evil-2-remake-demo-release-date

Sounds like you get 30 minutes to complete the demo. Doesn't sound like you can only play it once.

Yeah, I agree. I think its similar to what they do when they let reviewers play games in E3. Many reviewers get to play 10-15 minutes, which basically gives other reviewers time to play. Prevents other reviewers from spending too much time playing the game and not letting the others play.

Game is already paid off, so I am in no matter what. But that demo is so good...30 min is frustrating, but its short and sweet. And two weeks will be here in no time.

Found this searching for pics. Gives us a decent view of the statue some of us pre-ordered.

xeeopekwp1421.jpg

Damn, still bummed I missed the collectors edition :(

Theres something im not too happy with ( that got me thinking during the demo ). The game feels like its pushing you along and shoe horning/ushering you around and not letting you just be free. Go through the shutter, your locked in that corridor with thoes few rooms until you get the scrap book because the shutter became not usable, the shutter then becomes active for some reason so then you can get back out. You then go to the west, have to progress through the conference room via the window that you cant climb back in through. So then your forced in a linear path again.

The way it keeps cutting you off from back tracking makes it feel like the RPD is a hub full of mini levels as opposed to being "open world". You should be able to somewhat freely get around with your only progression blockers being locked doors, and you are free to kind of do things out of order in some instances and thats what made it fun. The way the game is laid out now everybody is going to have the same experience.

I pre-ordered the game and was told I'd get exclusive DLC. All I care about is the original soundtrack will that come with it?

I’d seen enough gameplay that I had a good enough idea of where to go at first. Managed two playthroughs where the second was spent exploring and shooting more. The aiming is so loose but I started getting a fair amount of headshots. These zombies don’t go down easy. I love visible damage your shots cause.

Theres something im not too happy with ( that got me thinking during the demo ). The game feels like its pushing you along and shoe horning/ushering you around and not letting you just be free. Go through the shutter, your locked in that corridor with thoes few rooms until you get the scrap book because the shutter became not usable, the shutter then becomes active for some reason so then you can get back out. You then go to the west, have to progress through the conference room via the window that you cant climb back in through. So then your forced in a linear path again.

The way it keeps cutting you off from back tracking makes it feel like the RPD is a hub full of mini levels as opposed to being "open world". You should be able to somewhat freely get around with your only progression blockers being locked doors, and you are free to kind of do things out of order in some instances and thats what made it fun. The way the game is laid out now everybody is going to have the same experience.

I'll have to wait and play this new one, but if I remember correctly, you can backtrack in the original after a bit - with the right doors unlocked. After playing a lot of open world games lately, I am personally ok with a more structured experience.

Fully agree. I've been concerned since day one that this game would end up holding the hand of the player far too much, and that certainly seems to be the case.

I'm hoping the feeling of the game constantly telling you where to go and being limited in how you get there is an early game sort of thing since the demo is set right after Leon gets to the Police Station. I could see it becoming a bit more free and open after the first bit in the station. Even the original game is pretty directed as far as the first RPD bits go.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Even the original game is pretty directed as far as the first RPD bits go.
Yep, pretty much. There is some flexibility but you cant bypass chunks of the game. My gripe with this as opposed to the original, is moreso that you go into this hallway, you cant go back. You jump out this window, you cant go back. You fall down this hole, you cant go back. Its like the way they have done it so try and eliminate back tracking. But in doing so it also means whenever you want to go around the RPD station you need to go around it like its a one way road due to the blockages. And if you you want to go back into the conference room for example, you then need to do a long trip around like you are on the motorway and missed the off ramp which leads to more back tracking than ever. All of these blockages are surely to constantly keep you move in one direction but it means in the end you are probably going to end up doing more miles than ever because you need to commit to the route.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen a company pre-emptively start teasing they are making an 1/6 RE2 Leon based on his new look. Theres been tons of media since the first trailer so his full costume and character design is pretty well known in detail by this point so theres more than enough reference material to get started. And with the uncertainty of if Hot Toys will even bother making figures for this game (and I certainly hope they do) it seems like an easy bet for someone else to give us unofficial versions of this new Leon and Claire.

Back