Avp - she predator - machiko

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHOA, the retail price on her is more than I expected. $150-$160? I was expecting it to be no more than $130.

Who am I to complain anyways, I will still buy her.

WHOA, the retail price on her is more than I expected. $150-$160? I was expecting it to be no more than $130.

Who am I to complain anyways, I will still buy her.

I'm not surprised. It's the first to sport a new body type. Look at what happened when Sideshow released the first figures with the Clonetrooper and Prometheus bodies.

Re: Avp - she predator - tomb raider

Everybody is saying she looks like Angelina Jolie, but I see Natalie Portman myself. With a dash of Kiera Knightly and seasoned with AJ. Not a bad mix...
Definately getting this one!

This may have been mentioned before, but the Hot Toys sculptor that did the head sculpt for Machiko also did an Angelina Jolie sculpt. It's obvious that the sculptor (Yulli) has incorporated her previous work into the machiko sculpt.

Artists:

Character Concept by Howard Chan

Character Design by JOSEPH TSANG

Armor and Accessories Sculpt by JOSEPH TSANG

Head Sculpt by YULLI

Head Art Directed by JC HONG

machiko.jpg

I found the following pics:

here is Yulli's Jolie sculpt:
tombraidersculpmb4.jpg

testlalastiger231fg0.jpg

Yulli is the girl on the right and JC Hong is the guy standing:
yulli-1.jpg

Toys2 for sure man. hey always get Hot Toys stuff in earlier. They even have them for PO right now. SSC will probably be getting them for PO this summer.

And then don't forget to ADD a week because Sideshow loves doing their "Previews".

I wish Sideshow would cut that out with the Hot Toys/Medicom figures...it's no surprise to us because by then we've already SEEN the whole figure. Just cut the crap and go straight to the Pre-Order, Sideshow!!!!! :monkey1 :monkey4

sweet, thanks!

I used to preorder everything from abc-express since I don't mind paying a bit more to have the items a little earlier, but there track record hasn't been good lately (wolf, cleaner wolf).

Dude - how do you mean?? were they just late or was it something else? I'm asking cos I just made a big order with them...

Dude - how do you mean?? were they just late or was it something else? I'm asking cos I just made a big order with them...

Some people that were ordering multiples of the AvP:R figures had their extras "cut" and refunded because abc-express didn't get the entire alottment they wanted to or something like that.

This is an awesome figure. The kind of figure I would only order one of though. Hard to sell the parts on this I would imagine.

Given that I recall seeing the Terminator endoskeleton, Appleseed Briarios and Deunan parted out, I'm sure someone will part this one out as well.

I still never understood parting out the endoskeleton... :huh

Considering how fragile the pieces are, I imagine people would be looking for replacement parts. Also, the pieces could be used in either dioramas or battle damaged customs.

No, I mean the Endo was being sold whole...just the guns were pulled out of the box and being sold separately. The endo was going for almost the full cost of the boxed figure with the guns - really thought it was kinda dumb.

Re: Avp - she predator - tomb raider

Awesome. The more I see, the more I want!
I hope Sideshow will carry this.

This may have been mentioned before, but the Hot Toys sculptor that did the head sculpt for Machiko also did an Angelina Jolie sculpt. It's obvious that the sculptor (Yulli) has incorporated her previous work into the machiko sculpt.

Artists:

Character Concept by Howard Chan

Character Design by JOSEPH TSANG

Armor and Accessories Sculpt by JOSEPH TSANG

Head Sculpt by YULLI

Head Art Directed by JC HONG

machiko.jpg

I found the following pics:

here is Yulli's Jolie sculpt:
tombraidersculpmb4.jpg
It's similar to Jolie, but the Machiko sculpt is quite a bit off. That second sculpt there is much closer. Note the differences of the chin size in both these sculpts; the second sculpt has Jolie's chin, and Jaw Line; the Machiko sculpt doesn't. Although I feel both sculpts have her eyes a bit off.

Are there 2 different sculpts? Because some pics look like she has sculpted cornrow braids and then loose braids in back.. like this:
HT-AVP-ShePred-07.jpg

but some have her with loose braids all over like this:
machiko.jpg

Which really makes her look more Predator like. Maybe the newer pics are a revised sculpt!? Nice looking figure regardless.. not sure why she has high heels though.. lol. If this were like $50 - 80 bucks I'd get it.

Maybe that's why they changed it? I also noticed on the "revised" version she has thicker braids.. those REALLY look Pred like. The first pic she has really thin braids, dreds.

Back