QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you watch the scene carefully, he's wearing his duty uniform under the robe. So two birds with one stone. Or make the black robe an exclusive.
If I am the product manager, i will position these 3 figures as bare bone figures just for the TMP Anniversary (minimum molds to reduce fixed cost) A product strategy that frequently used by the Great Grandfather of high grade 1/6 Company - Medicom in their Ultraman and Masked Rider line (they consistently produced 25+ years of these two lines)

A product and customer loyalty Reinforcement instrument.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I think bare bones could work. Not bare Bones though. That would be wrong.

You could even just do a head sculpt, robe, shoes, and sensor to stick on a separately purchased seamless body for Ilia, although not sure how the fan base might react.

TMP figures- instant buy-QMX needs to go a route and produce lower numbers so they don't overproduce and leave bunches sitting in warehouses. I'd welcome a "limited edition" release that you can preorder through them...anything just get them made

TMP figures- instant buy-QMX needs to go a route and produce lower numbers so they don't overproduce and leave bunches sitting in warehouses. I'd welcome a "limited edition" release that you can preorder through them...anything just get them made
I hear your last 4 words loud and clear from you last post.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

OMG, that's way too long away from now. But you may be right. Instead I hope they release TWoK Kirk/Spock/Khan relatively soon (1 year) and in 2022 for the 40th Anniversary they release McCoy (or remaining bridge crew including Saavik) and maybe Kirk/Spock in field jackets? Keeping momentum is important.

I could see them saving Khan and Saavik for the anniversary and releasing Kirk and Spock beforehand but that might depend on their TOS schedule. Sulu, Uhura, Chekov, Kirk 2, Spock 2, and TMP Kirk in no particular order would take us to mid 2020 assuming a 3 month release schedule and that's without any TNG in the mix.

The problem with such a long leg
is most of the hard core fans could
be gone by then.

You can already see the 1/6 collectors
unfortunately are slowly leaving the hobby
everywhere you look.

Look at the threads here on the board.
Everywhere you look is like a ghost town
Other than your HT Iron man and Avenger
discussion

be gone by then.

everywhere you look.

discussion

I'm determined to stay alive until I have all the TMP crew posed on a 1/6 scale refit bridge.

everywhere you look.

discussion

Even if you're right about collectors exiting the hobby, I wouldn't use this forum as a strong gauge for 1/6 scale collector interest. I think we have an idea of why traffic on this particular site has slowed.

Personally, I'll continue buy any Trek figures QMx makes from TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and any of the movies, so keep 'em coming! Sorry, Enterprise and Discovery, my nostalgia for Trek series and any desire for collectibles from them ends with Voyager.

be gone by then.

everywhere you look.

discussion

I've seen some of that too, particularly in the For Sale threads with people selling their entire collection. But given there seem to be more companies and figures coming out than ever, I think there still must be a pretty strong market for these things.

And personally, even if I start slowing down on collecting other lines like SW or Marvel, I'll still be here and excited for more Trek. In fact I would trade my entire Marvel collection today for a full set of TWOK or DS9 figures if I could. :D

Not to get too far off topic, but what does everyone think of Scotty? I have kirk, his likeness is good. I have Spock, his likeness is OK. I have McCoy and Khan, they're likenesses are great. But Scotty, his likeness is off. Who else feels the same?

Scotty looks like a stern Scotty that is staring down either Klingons or Romulans while Kirk, Spock and McCoy are getting into some trouble on the planet below. He looks great to me

Unfortunately Scotty will have to be the first figure I pass on, as the sculpt just looks way too old and exaggerated for my taste. Spock and McCoy suffered from the same problem (being sculpted by the same person), but I really needed the Big Three in my collection so I was willing to live with it.

Think I'm just going to wait and pick up Uhura whenever she comes out.

It was not too long ago, people were saying similar things about Bones, but i don't think anyone who picked him up regretted it.

Back