Can the DC Cinematic Universe Be Salvaged, Or Should it be Rebooted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only TLJ? Force awakens did well but was divisive and the 3 prequels where all HORRIBLE.

By Star WALT I meant Disney SW. TFA was mostly well received but histrionically attacked by sheep who bought into one hack screenwriter’s bastardization of “Mary Sue.”

By Star WALT I meant Disney SW. TFA was mostly well received but histrionically attacked by sheep who bought into one hack screenwriter’s bastardization of “Mary Sue.”

I personally liked the force awakes yes it was divisive but was liked by more than not.

I thought it was boring. Nothing really new or exciting. Atleast TLJ did some things new even tho it was bad

I say start from scratch, recast everybody, and focus first on creating the best Superman with possibly cameos or references to other characters, then do Batman. Rinse and Repeat.

The negativity is over the top with the DCEU. How many are just Marvel fans bagging it because they want it to fail?

DC has the problem that it's big characters have been done time and time again. Marvel has characters that people hadn't even heard of before. Guardians appeals to people who aren't even into comics, Black Panther appeals to minority groups. Does DC have the depth Marvel have to bring in the average movie goer?

I've heard such varying opinions of BvS, how can a movie divide fans so much? Justice League is just disliked because Batman got his arse kicked. Don't piss of the Batman fans it seems is the solution. Make Batman be the big hero for DC. That's just lame.

It's too early to reboot, that would just confuse people completely. They have a bunch of solo films they can produce and in a few years time go back for a second JL film. Their mistake was making JL too soon without the audience already getting to know the other players (Aquaman, Cyborg, Flash).

Forget about doing a bloody Supergirl movie and just do Man of Steel 2.

Doing all the same characters for TV was also a mistake. Now you have the division of the TV fans verses the Cinematic fans.

Marvel will be moving into its next phase soon and a lot of the current actors will be gone. Will it remain as popular then?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The negativity is warranted. DC brought this on themselves. Has nothing to do with marvel or anything like that. It’s about wanting good things from DC but they screwed up. First by letting Snyder headline the universe

The negativity is warranted. DC brought this on themselves. Has nothing to do with marvel or anything like that. It’s about wanting good things from DC but they screwed up. First by letting Snyder headline the universe
Oh I thought it was Whedon that came along and ruined it all? Can people make up their minds?

The DC films are failures. They need to give it up and start over again in a few years.

Aqua-man.....LOL

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Oh I thought it was Whedon that came along and ruined it all? Can people make up their minds?

Did I say the JL? Read. I’m talking all there movies except WW have been complete messes. No way around this fact.

As a Snyder fan, I don't think he is popular enough to be the father of an entire comics universe. Whedon is a better crowd pleaser, for better or worse. However, it is easy to see that Justice League was a mess than didn't make anybody happy. Snyder put work into it that is undercut by Whedon's scenes, which were closer in tone to what people wanted, but were inconsistent with the content Snyder created, and imo were pretty rushed looking visually and soundwise. I'm an Elfman fanboy, but his score for JL was completely unmemorable. They lost so much when they didn't use Hans Zimmer's score.

I don't think the score mattered a damn when so much else was wrong but yeah, it was just weird to suddenly start using the '89 Batman theme and Williams Superman theme. That coming from someone who loves those themes and had wished they would one day again be the main themes for these characters. But you either start off with them or don't use them at all.

Love it when folks blame Wheadon for Snyders mess...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Love it when folks blame Wheadon for Snyders mess...

I don't really blame Whedon, he was hired for a impossible job. I'm not gaga over him, but still would have preferred his goofy JL movie if it had been designed that way from the beginning. Imo, this is on WB.

And the score certainly mattered, but putting Zimmer's score on the film as-is wouldn't do much. I don't think it fits the film tonally, anymore.

Back