SDCC speculation and (eventually) photo catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My meaning was more in regards to placing figures in the displays such as star lord, scarlet witch etc for infinity war with some changes and a new stand and then going into interviews and saying there's no chance in making them. This also happened with Doctor strange then they saw secondary market prices and threw one together anyways lol.

I can see canceling things from a business perspective like the batmobile for instance due to low sales. Just not worth it to make it in the long run if the original two figures didn't sell well, but at some point all you're doing is stringing people along. I can see why people buy in with the idea of getting "the set" and get upset when the rug gets pulled out from under them.

Of course you could always play it smart and hold off until things release, but then you get to pay through the nose on some of these second hand.

You're right they should regularly check interest so why would it bother them that people make comments on Facebook or send them emails about product "x". That should be encouraged. There's 3rd parties out there making unlicensed figures that are more transparent with us! If anything they have every reason not to be! :lol

Sorry, I'm not convinced there isn't a middle ground between shopping for interest and leading collectors on.

Oh well. I'll report back what I can sneak a peek of on Tuesday night. Then we can get to speculating which of them will actually make it to preorder.:dance

Totally get what your saying. There is a bit of leading on at times. But to me, the difference is the show products are at least things they are considering and have sunk resources into. Talking about something in an interview and saying it may or may not happen just doesn’t lead to anything productive for hot toys, or the collectors.

Look forward to your pics!

I think ultimately it comes down to, as with games or films, general entertainment - fan bases being self entitled and feeling like a company or producer OWES them everything that they want simply because they buy their product.

It's a shame when they don't make your favourite character, or hint at it or even show a prototype, but ultimately there'll be a reason for not making it in the end. I don't think it should be a negative towards Hot Toys.

I really hope we see Quarter Scale SW stuff...

They have to at least get a Vader or Trooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well. I'll report back what I can sneak a peek of on Tuesday night. Then we can get to speculating which of them will actually make it to preorder.
That's really nice of you ArtDamage esp. when u have your own work to do. Figure SDCC is exhausting to work and the hype seems to increase every year, even w. some studios missing in action.

It's a shame when they don't make your favourite character, or hint at it or even show a prototype, but ultimately there'll be a reason for not making it in the end. I don't think it should be a negative towards Hot Toys.

Yeah, but some of HT's decisions are baffling - like not making POTC Barbossa but making Angelica and like that.

Anyway too least for me - it's nice to see stuff out but gotta remember a lot of what I order won't get here until next year anyway!:chug

On a side note - so far IMO Sideshow hasn't done anything spectacular re coupons etc. I dunno if they usually do:dunno. So far nothing I need tho...

I was hoping someone would start this thread... The excitement/joy I get during the 2 major con's is such a unique feeling. I can't compare it to anything else. I don't celebrate holidays, but this is the closest thing to it for me because I take off from work during SDCC and NYCC just because I like taking in as much as I can online. I love the feeling of waking up and knowing there will be a crap-ton of new stuff to observe. Also for a better chance to grab collectibles that sell out online in seconds.

I have no idea what to expect from HT at SDCC, but i'm definitely hoping for more Infinity War reveals... That line has been predictable and somewhat under-whelming so far.

Damn, that's sad.

I hope life gets better for you.

Also,

It'd be nice if you credit people's photos for a change Motux. It's just the right thing to do. We wouldn't want another fiasco and have you disappear for a year again.

Thanks.

What's sad about it? Holidays are useless to me.

They're useless to a lot of people. Media overhypes. Plus it's obnoxious seeing holiday stuff up months early. Useful for some good deals sometimes.

They're useless to a lot of people. Media overhypes. Plus it's obnoxious seeing holiday stuff up months early. Useful for some good deals sometimes.

Exactly... I stopped celebrating holidays over a decade ago and couldn't be happier. I'm not a religious person in any sense so there's no point for me to bother with most of them... They're good for a paid day off, that's about it... I Guess that's not acceptable to the resident troll.

Damn, that's sad.

Also,

It'd be nice if you credit people's photos for a change Motux. It's just the right thing to do. We wouldn't want another fiasco and have you disappear for a year again.

Thanks.

I usually don’t react to keyboard warriors, but in this person’s case that’s definitely somebody I would love to meet in person and punch squarely in the jaw. Always such a ******.

Exactly... I stopped celebrating holidays over a decade ago and couldn't be happier. I'm not a religious person in any sense so there's no point for me to bother with most of them... They're good for a paid day off, that's about it... I Guess that's not acceptable to the resident troll.

It’s not something I much care about either. If I want something I just buy it. So shopping for me, I’ve been told, is a nightmare. So I tell everyone no gifts. I do the same for my close friends and family, in that, if they mention they want something I just buy and give it to them. No need to wait for some arbitrary day. My daughter is still youngish so she gets gifts but that’s about it.

I don’t see it as a bad thing.

Damn, that's sad.

Also,

Thanks.

I choked reading this post.

It’s not something I much care about either. If I want something I just buy it. So shopping for me, I’ve been told, is a nightmare. So I tell everyone no gifts. I do the same for my close friends and family, in that, if they mention they want something I just buy and give it to them. No need to wait for some arbitrary day. My daughter is still youngish so she gets gifts but that’s about it.

I don’t see it as a bad thing.

A lot of people people see it as a bad thing and give me crap about it when it comes up... It never bothered me, and I just tell them to get over it. I've never implied to anyone that they should follow my lead and I don't want or expect anyone to. I just did it to make my life simpler because my extended family is the worst with holidays.
As soon as I realized X-mas to them was a competition to one-up everyone else, I bailed and never looked back. If you've ever had someone who claims to be family treat you like they did you a favor and you owe them because they got you something you never asked for or expected, then you'd see why I bailed.
Even if I wanted kids, I would still never celebrate any religious holiday, including x-mas and easter.

You don't need to justify it.
Franpincho was a bit harsh.

You do you.

You don't need to justify it.
Franpincho was a bit harsh.

You do you.

Haha, just making conversation at this point... I'm hardly concerned with the toxic opinions of someone who only spends time on here to antagonize. I would imagine anyone who bothers to waste time on pointless negativity like that must live a miserable and boring life.

I'm used to people with the "You do things differently than me, so i'm better than you" attitude, because I work with a lot of them... It used to bother me but after 15 years I just laugh at them because they are just miserable petty losers who hate their lives and want people to be as miserable as them.

I'm still wondering how someone like that could manage to get such high rep. That kinda kills the integrity of the whole rep system for me :dunno :lol

Last edited:
I'm personally hoping for an armored Thanos with infinity gauntlet. If they don't plan on doing it, I'll gladly dump my rewards points into tank top Thanos and be just as satisfied.

Haha, just making conversation at this point... I'm hardly concerned with the toxic opinions of someone who only spends time on here to antagonize. I would imagine anyone who bothers to waste time on pointless negativity like that must live a miserable and boring life.

I'm used to people with the "You do things differently than me, so i'm better than you" attitude, because I work with a lot of them... It used to bother me but after 15 years I just laugh at them because they are just miserable petty losers who hate their lives and want people to be as miserable as them.

I'm still wondering how someone like that could manage to get such high rep. That kinda kills the integrity of the whole rep system for me :dunno :lol

Law of attraction

The joy of working in a 7 day a week industry on a salary.. Life doesn't stop for Public Holidays...

Posted on FB, a cryptic spoiler for the Hot Toys display :

BPSR
SMVTR
BAALT
AKBG
JW
AQM

I'm assuming the last one is Aquaman. Haven't deciphered the others yet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back