Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great idea about the magnets! Luckily I thought to leave a slight ledge for the acrylic to lean on so should help to support the acrylic. Have looked into some 90° trim to finish off the corners too. Also received my death star tiles and I have set my first mould tonight, will update with some pics once I make my first cast :D

Update to work in progress, painted table, fit a trim between the legs and have made painted and weathered most of the death star tiles. Really pleased with it!

Have finished the table now :) . lights on the way then just need to finish the falcon build which will take another 9 months or so.

Thanks to all the posters who posted great pics and explained how they made their tables!

Finally finished mine. The lights aren't as blue as the pics. It is a really light blue kinda like the blue hue you see in the batcave in the comics

6c51a860a40f7f20f72776518e42a3f6.jpg
81aa58f6e00ba3c93bbf00020328fafd.jpg
592e932f282a205ee46e4f2e4a44552f.jpg
f9512a501059a8da354bb1f46b359cbc.jpg

20cdcbe54e1ca667700b1ba5791b9f9e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice mate!! Was thinking of using the rare earth magnets too. Did you basically just attach them to the acrylic with the m3 tape?

I used a small piece of 3m tape on the bottom corners to help take some of the weight to help the magnets. When I had just magnets and the kids bumped the table it would shift the panels some. 3m helped keep them in place with the kids around and keep me sane lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will soon be moving into a new house in which I'll have my man cave and can attempt to convert my granas table into this

Hey guys, I realize this post is quite old but if anyone is still looking for this I have a nice set for sale in north nj. pickup only. PM me if interested.

it's a coffee table and 2 side tables, dimensions are:
coffee table - 46.5" wide , 30.75" depth , 19.25" high
side tables - 26.75" wide , 26.75" depth , 19.25" high
glass 1/4" thick

Back