Media Shenmue I & II HD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its is not a "full HD remake" apparently.

It will essentially look like ass, but a bit better than it was. Can't wait either way!

It will essentially look like ass, but a bit better than it was. Can't wait either way!

I wouldn't say it looks like ass, especially as an old school or Dreamcast fan. Either way, it's more of an HD touch up than a full on remaster. New UI, real widescreen, updated controls, and likely better sound altogether.

Not spoilery, but there's one thing I'd like to mention about the story that helped keep its fanbase all these years. The game starts off normal enough, seemingly as a revenge plot. But, the more you go, there's an ancient prophecy and a mystery behind the Phoenix and Dragon mirrors pertaining to what they possibly do. There's a reason Shenmue II had the ultimate cliffhanger for 16 some years.

9dee71793a2d035413bf5e27238e0e9b3a660466.jpg__0x1500_q85-660x400.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, the preview does not inspire me to play.
I had the original on Dreamcast and just never got around to it. Always wanted to go back. Wish they'd put a little more effort into it.

All true gamers should give this a game a go. Old school and new. I remember giggling like a kid playing this game back when it was first released. So way ahead of its time. Just a legendary piece of gaming history, people that designed and programmed this game really cared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All true gamers should give this a game a go. Old school and new. I remember giggling like a kid playing this game back when it was first released. So way ahead of its time. Just a legendary piece of gaming history, people that designed and programmed this game really cared.

The whole Dreamcast was ahead of it’s time

The whole Dreamcast was ahead of it’s time

Yeah it surely was. Best thing Sega ever did.

Agreed. Unfortunately, the cost it took to make Shenmue I and II as well as the release of the PS2 killed it and turned SEGA into what it is today.

Some people, either as a joke or because they're weird, keep clamoring for a "Dreamcast 2" when the original Xbox was basically the Dreamcast 2. It was almost backwards compatible with Dreamcast games and the 4-buttons are even the same to this day on the Xbox One.

Agreed. Unfortunately, the cost it took to make Shenmue I and II as well as the release of the PS2 killed it and turned SEGA into what it is today.

Some people, either as a joke or because they're weird, keep clamoring for a "Dreamcast 2" when the original Xbox was basically the Dreamcast 2. It was almost backwards compatible with Dreamcast games and the 4-buttons are even the same to this day on the Xbox One.

Omg exactly true! The original Xbox was boss! The things you could do. The modding was fantastic. It was technically the Dreamcast 2. The only thing I hated about Xbox was the size of the machine. The emulators.

I’ll always remember the dreamcast as the system killed by fanboys. Everyone was on the hype train for PS2. I even remember being in ToysRUs and the sales guys were telling parents not to buy the dreamcast- to wait for the playstation. Dreamcast was the most fun, shortest lived console I ever owned. RIP

I’ll always remember the dreamcast as the system killed by fanboys. Everyone was on the hype train for PS2. I even remember being in ToysRUs and the sales guys were telling parents not to buy the dreamcast- to wait for the playstation. Dreamcast was the most fun, shortest lived console I ever owned. RIP

You got that right. It’s life span was cut really short. It came up with some amazing titles. Sony PlayStation 2 was average lol. I still preferred the GameCube and Xbox over it. Yet it outsold both combined

You got that right. It’s life span was cut really short. It came up with some amazing titles. Sony PlayStation 2 was average lol. I still preferred the GameCube and Xbox over it. Yet it outsold both combined

Yeah it was like a dream lol. Came and went so fast but left a bunch of unforgettable titles that had trouble finding an audience anywhere else. Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Grind Radio, Grandia2, Tokyo Extreme Racer, Capcom vs SNK, DOA2, Soul Calibur... really miss some of those. Hoping Nintendo Switch picks up JGR and Skies- that would be awesome.

Yeah it was like a dream lol. Came and went so fast but left a bunch of unforgettable titles that had trouble finding an audience anywhere else. Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Grind Radio, Grandia2, Tokyo Extreme Racer, Capcom vs SNK, DOA2, Soul Calibur... really miss some of those. Hoping Nintendo Switch picks up JGR and Skies- that would be awesome.

I also remember Resident Evil Code Veronica and Phantasy Star online basically ran up my phone bill because we in the JK didn’t have seperate internet it was dial up which sucked. Ikaruga was fantastic. So many titles including the ones you mentioned. When my mates came over we would play Virtua Tennis 1 and 2 for hours on end.

Likely going to get this next month for my birthday as I'll be busy with Yakuza 2 and Spiderman.

Already seen a few say they have no interest in it because it 'doesn't have enough action'. :dunno

Likely going to get this next month for my birthday as I'll be busy with Yakuza 2 and Spiderman.

Already seen a few say they have no interest in it because it 'doesn't have enough action'. :dunno
That's the problem with gamers nowadays, way more who are ADHD.

Sent from my 404SC using Tapatalk

Ahh, Grandia II... Still one of the best RPGs I've ever played.

You're my new favorite person. :D

Back