1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t pre-ordered yet. I’m still up in the air about it. Part of me wants it but yet I already have a Vader and the cash could go towards other figures.

I haven’t pre-ordered yet. I’m still up in the air about it. Part of me wants it but yet I already have a Vader and the cash could go towards other figures.

Yeah I’m in the same boat, so I understand. I have the ANH version and it looks like a great representation of the character to me, while I can certainly see the point the more screen accurate freaks make about the gloves, it doesn’t bother me so much and long as I don’t get too lost in these forums lol.

Unfortunately tho, my ocd has never let me enjoy the unmatching mask tips he had in ANH and thus on the figure. Not that I wouldn’t mind two Vader’s , but like you say, the money could go towards another figure. And plus if they make a unmasked ROTJ figure I would absolutely want that one. I loved to display the sideshow one in that sculpt holding his helmet. Unfortunately I was a little too kind and gifted it to someone for helping me move lol.

Yeah I’m in the same boat, so I understand. I have the ANH version and it looks like a great representation of the character to me, while I can certainly see the point the more screen accurate freaks make about the gloves, it doesn’t bother me so much and long as I don’t get too lost in these forums lol.

Unfortunately tho, my ocd has never let me enjoy the unmatching mask tips he had in ANH and thus on the figure. Not that I wouldn’t mind two Vader’s , but like you say, the money could go towards another figure. And plus if they make a unmasked ROTJ figure I would absolutely want that one. I loved to display the sideshow one in that sculpt holding his helmet. Unfortunately I was a little too kind and gifted it to someone for helping me move lol.
Yeah, I just have a problem double dipping on figures that aren’t that much different in terms of looks. I know there are differences to Vader’s appearance throughout the films but honestly none of them are that great to where I really take notice. The main reason I’d want a second Vader is to square off with one of my Luke figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I just have a problem double dipping on figures that aren’t that much different in terms of looks. I know there are differences to Vader’s appearance throughout the films but honestly none of them are that great to where I really take notice. The main reason I’d want a second Vader is to square off with one of my Luke figures.

I sort of agree that the suit is pretty similar between esb and rotj, but anh looks quite different to me. I hesitated but did drink enough beer to preorder this, but I'll cancel if the widows peak is still there.

I sort of agree that the suit is pretty similar between esb and rotj, but anh looks quite different to me. I hesitated but did drink enough beer to preorder this, but I'll cancel if the widows peak is still there.
I'm also only getting this if the peak is gone. I already have the R1 version, which is pretty spectacular.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Any possibility that HT bring us a double pack of this Vader with Luke DX07?

With the actual DX07 figure? No.

I'm toying with the possibility of getting this, but each time I look at my collection, I just can't see having another Vader in it at the moment. The SW nerd in me wants to get this because ESB is my favorite SW film and it was the OT film when Vader was at his best, but the pragmatic side of me says you don't need another Vader in your collection, save the space and money.

Perhaps I'll see later on what this is going for on the secondary market after the inevitable RotJ version gets released and people are dumping this one in favor of that, and the market gets even more saturated with Vader figures.

I'm toying with the possibility of getting this, but each time I look at my collection, I just can't see having another Vader in it at the moment. The SW nerd in me wants to get this because ESB is my favorite SW film and it was the OT film when Vader was at his best, but the pragmatic side of me says you don't need another Vader in your collection, save the space and money.

Perhaps I'll see later on what this is going for on the secondary market after the inevitable RotJ version gets released and people are dumping this one in favor of that, and the market gets even more saturated with Vader figures.

This is exactly why I waited on this specific Vader. Maybe it wasn't a big chance (at the time it felt like it), but I felt like I was banking on an ESB Vader to be released, choosing to pass on ANH and RO as tempting as they were.

I'm really on the fence with this one. I have the HT ANH Version but Empire is my grail film. The problem I have is that I just can't see "enough" ESB Vader in this release to make me double dip. Does anyone else feel the same about this figure?

Regarding the Bespin Luke in the promo shots for this, does anyone know if that's the DX07, or a new updated version?

Any guest when Vader will be release in Honk Kong? it's says October on Sideshow website so my guess is September in Hong Kong does that make sense? The wait is already killing me :impatient:

You never know. They could release Vader early and he could land in HK late spring early summer :dunno

Late spring seems like wishful thinking. If he was going to release early, late summer seems more likely. Though with the amount of Infinity Wars figures on HT's plate, I wouldn't bank on him releasing early. RotJ Luke I think is the last one that will get an early release, so that way they can push last year's SW reveals off of their plate and get to work on the MCU.

Keep in mind this is Vader. I suppose HT won't retool every single piece. Of all releases, he's the one that is asking the fewest operations, especially since there is no portrait to paint up. Yet, i admit this is all conjecture from my part. There is no evidence Vader will show early. Just a possibility as recent hectic schedules illustrated.

Back