Black Widow (July 9, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Black Widow Movie

She's my age (33) :thud:
- Now I feel old :lol

Heh.
Brings me back to the sad fact that Milla Jovovich would've made a much better BW.
Not in this MCU, of course. In something more comicbooky, silly and stylish... Eh, too good for this world.

Heh.
Brings me back to the sad fact that Milla Jovovich would've made a much better BW.
Not in this MCU, of course. In something more comicbooky, silly and stylish... Eh, too good for this world.

And she's actually Russian, and in her Prime was hotter even with her flat chest.

It was pretty hawt when she Road housed that CGI Cerberus wearing the Red Dress & boots :rock
- I really liked Res 1, just a shame the other movies were dreadful :gah:

Does beg the question who they will get to play a lot of the characters going forward.
- I understand her Contract is a little different then most of the others, hence why this has finally been signed off, but yeah going forward I do wonder who is going to play Wolverine, Tony Stark and a few others.

Do they do a Jane Foster Thor?

Like Hawkeye, comic Widow is a lot more interesting than the movie version. But she deserves a movie as much as Ant-Man or Dr. Strange. So, why not? I guess all the #METOO stuff is prompting the studio to put its money where its mouth is. Maybe it will work, and maybe it will make money. I'm sure I'll see it like I see all the Marvel movies.

Heh.
PrFF9VH.gif

Jovovich can't act her way out of a paper bag. But she was gorgeous about 20 years ago, no doubt.

If it's scar jo and done right I'll see it.

Like Hawkeye, comic Widow is a lot more interesting than the movie version. But honestly, she deserves a movie as much as Ant-Man or Dr. Strange. So, why not? Maybe it will work, and maybe it will make money. I'm sure I'll see it like I see all the Marvel movies.

Agreed.
I can't blame ScarJo for that though. Do feel Marvel has been crap/safe with most of the Females thus far.
- Which is why I'd want a 15/18 (Rated R in the us right?) certificate, to give us (even if it's an origin story) a decent 'gritty' non Disney send off for ScarJo's BW.

PrFF9VH.gif

Jovovich can't act her way out of a paper bag. But she was gorgeous about 20 years ago, no doubt

:lol :goodpost:

This would've been better eight years ago. I don't know if Black Widow / Scarlett can carry a movie by herself anymore.

scarlett-johansson-iron-man-2-trailer-screencaps-scarlett-johansson-9587641-1920-816.jpg

black-widow-blonde.png

I'm wondering how many people will see this - especially after GitS bombed.

Last edited:

She was fine as Major, the issue (IMO) was they played it a little too safe and went after all audiences and made the bad guy a one dimensional villain.

It was good to look at and I enjoyed it for the most, but I don't think she had anything to do with a so-so script. Same with Lucy, decent enough but the script let it down, and the same thing will probably make or break BW as a movie.

I also don't think she has the say the acting prowess of JLaw who I do feel will no doubt deliver a strong/powerful performance in Red Sparrow. We'll see, ScarJo can hold her own, but this will succeed or fail on how safe they play it and the strength of the script.

Maybe we'll find out about budapest :lol

Like Hawkeye, comic Widow is a lot more interesting than the movie version.
That is true. Too bad we won't see a DD/BW crossover. Heck, we won't even see a WS/BW one... :(

Jovovich can't act her way out of a paper bag.
Same goes for Chris Hemsworth. Plus a lot of MCU characters are pretty cheesy anyway. Most of these movies are disposable entertainment, good acting chops doesn't add much to their characters.

Same goes to Chris Hemsworth. A lot of MCU characters are pretty bland and cheesy anyway. Most of these movies are disposable entertainment, good acting chops doesn't add much to their characters.
They aren't meant to be Hitchcock films, I'll give you that. And the actors don't need to be Gary Oldman. But Hemsworth, and nearly everyone cast in these films is serviceable. Seeing Jovovich in those Resident Evil movies, and that outer space movie. . . :monkey4 She's barely soap opera good.

Agreed.
I can't blame ScarJo for that though. Do feel Marvel has been crap/safe with most of the Females thus far.
- Which is why I'd want a 15/18 (Rated R in the us right?) certificate, to give us (even if it's an origin story) a decent 'gritty' non Disney send off for ScarJo's BW.

:lol :goodpost:

Definitely R rating and IMO this is a beautiful woman who can act and kick ***. I always think of that TWS scene with her talking to Cap "would you trust me to do it?" It's perfection. That's the way to do a quieter scene in an action film.

LOL RDJ got some light highlights in his hair re the last leaked pics. I dunno maybe w. color grading things will look a lot different.:dunno

Back