1/6 Hot Toys Rogue One: JYN ERSO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girlfriend finally got me some of the pictures she took of Jyn. Very pleased with how they turned out and hopefully it wont be too long before she takes pictures of my figures again.
Cory-224.jpg
Cory-229.jpg
Cory-269.jpg
Cory-295.jpg

I've seen so many people say that on here. Interesting. Also puts a lot of pressure on Solo too.

Surely there will be someone who get's sick of their Jyn who isn't an uber fan/collector like us here, and decides to sell her. However I guess they look at the prices and put theirs in accordingly.

Do they have ebay classifieds in the states ? Here in Europe they have it and as a seller you don't need to pay any fees. The audience is only local, but I have found quite a few good deals there.

I just have to get this figure. I've been waiting for the price to drop but its just flat-lined... and now might even be creeping up.

TLJ just made me appreciate RO even more.

What you like is the period of history it takes place in.

Its like liking movies about the 60's more than those set in the present.

It's still all Star Wars. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

That's a big part of it, yeah. But without nerding out with another laborious comparison essay, I'll add that the production design in general was a lot tighter, and not just because the environments weren't as diverse. But to each their own!

[....] And for my money the Throne Room and the Final Battle scenes in TLJ are about a thousand times more thrilling and amazing to watch than anything in RO (Vader scenes included).

The throne room scene was quite entertaining. I didn't love the Vader scene in RO, it actually felt a little overdone and forced (see what I did there?) -- but LOVED the Jedha gunfight and the space combat.

The throne room scene was quite entertaining. I didn't love the Vader scene in RO, it actually felt a little overdone and forced (see what I did there?) -- but LOVED the Jedha gunfight and the space combat.

Omg the vader scene was awesome! I heard it was added quite late as it wasn't originally planned. It's just fan service and doesn't make any sense considering how he moves and fights in ANH. However it was cool lol

Omg the vader scene was awesome! I heard it was added quite late as it wasn't originally planned. It's just fan service and doesn't make any sense considering how he moves and fights in ANH. However it was cool lol

I didn't hate it! Just didn't integrate well for me, because of the reasons you mentioned.

I've gotta say I loved it. Sure I can understand if you're wanting "full integration" it maybe doesn't fit. But the awesomeness of the scene just overrode any of those thoughts for me. If I was ever going to fess up to having a nerdgasm it would have been at seeing that scene. Definitely brought an instant smile to the face and thought to my head, this is going to be good !

.....maybe for full integration they should have made the sliding door close on his foot, that's why he was so slow with Obi Wan in ANH ??...... I knew I should have been a director/Script writer :lol

giphy.gif

The fight with Obi-Wan had to be slow for technology reasons. They didn't know how they would pull off the lightsaber yet, so the things were fragile light contraptions of some sort, and the actors couldn't really clash them hard.

If I was George, I would have certainly re-edited that scene to give it more speed.

The in-universe explanation may be that it was more a psychological fight than a physical one, and that Obi-Wan was just stalling... which makes sense and rhymes with TLJ, come to think of it.

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Great pics URDNOTSullivan! I'm so excited to get this figure. Even though it'll be a few months before she's paid off.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I'll be sure to pass along that you like her pictures and her kitten. Here is one more.
Cory-212.jpg

The fight with Obi-Wan had to be slow for technology reasons. They didn't know how they would pull off the lightsaber yet, so the things were fragile light contraptions of some sort, and the actors couldn't really clash them hard.

If I was George, I would have certainly re-edited that scene to give it more speed.

The in-universe explanation may be that it was more a psychological fight than a physical one, and that Obi-Wan was just stalling... which makes sense and rhymes with TLJ, come to think of it.

This (minus the re-edited, I wouldn't change it a bit)

Also, after Episode III, I'm sure Vader would be more careful against Obi-Wan than against a room filled with rebelscum. That scene is one of the easiest inconsistencies to "fix" into your "head-canon".

Some times you can't over think things and just enjoy them. I think all star wars fans need that reminder.

This (minus the re-edited, I wouldn't change it a bit)

Also, after Episode III, I'm sure Vader would be more careful against Obi-Wan than against a room filled with rebelscum. That scene is one of the easiest inconsistencies to "fix" into your "head-canon".
Plus, no high ground or space for acrobatics... [emoji28]

Back