Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figure is a year away from the movie release and more movies will be out and more figures announced. Coming out so far from the movie release is probably killing sales. People see the movie and if they love it are more inclined to make that impulse buy in my opinion. After I saw Rougue one I was ready to buy!!! Then excitement wore off because no figures we're shipping soon or now. Not one Rouge One purchase for me, $$$$$ saved. My 1/6 purchases are way way down and on life support. Just my opinion.

out of curiosity, what were you expecting?

cheapest HT figure I can recall for the last few years is a $190 black widow a few yrs back.

Yeah it’s a lot of money but it’s the new “average” for hot toys figures now days. I might pre order through a place that won’t due a NRD and see if I still want it a year down the road. Would be sweet to have the JLA along side the AVENGERs :)

100% on board for this figure but it's so far away from the release date, no rush to order right now. I'll wait and see how many more reward points I get during spooktacular. .

Here we go, we have officially passed the $230 mark for bare-bone figures

Superman will probably be the same price and he comes with even less in the way of accessories.

Here in the UK we are usually paying closer to $300 a figure from local retailers or if you add in the import taxes on ordering from SS. US collectors don't realise how lucky you are.

So you are saying we are getting an algae covered suit?

hXvAvkc.jpg
[emoji23]

Here we go, we have officially passed the $230 mark for bare-bone figures

Black Panther also so barebone and cost $220 already. And BP suit is the most just boring and most bland suit I've ever seen. It's unfortunate, we will never seen HT cost less than $200 even for such barebone one, hard to keep up with it anymore.

Hot Toys figures are going to continue to climb in price. If you cannot afford them either stop collecting them or get a better paying job. :lol

Meh, I ended up pre ordering anyway. Had a twenty dollar coupon I used. That paired with the payment plan makes makes the forty something dollar a month charge quite manageable when paired with my other pre orders. I figure hey, I like Momoa and Aquaman's aesthetics grow on me every minute. I see no reason to wait two years for a version of this character that might be better. If it comes to that, I chuck that sucker on evil bay and I get the new one. After I get JL Wonder Woman and a version of Supes that I like, I'll probably be done with the DCEU. Or whatever they are calling themselves now. Unless Deathstroke is introduced sometime in the future... than I become a hypocrite and gladly so.

DC figures always seem higher for some reason compared to Marvel and other big franchises that Hot Toys does.

I'm not feeling this figure. The Momoa sculpt feels off to me. Also his skim tone doesn't seem right.

Lol am I the only one bothered by the inaccurate bare neck missing the obvious tats Aquaman has?

Back