1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how do you get the screw out of the head portrait if it's stripped? Mine no longer has the X pattern from me trying. So frustrating when this happens.

Oh snap, sorry to hear about that! That seemed to be a common issue with this one. Other people on the board complained about the same exact thing, me included. My first WM head I received the screw was stripped...and then the replacement one I got was also really difficult to unscrew. I ended up using an actual screwdriver instead of the tiny one that came provided.

Try a real screwdriver and just hold the head sculpt firmly in place when turning the screw so you don't accidentally slip and scratch it.

Best of luck!

I've tried using a normal screwdriver as well. Maybe I'm just not strong enough to force a turn. There's nothing for a screw driver to hold onto anymore as my X is now an O :(

I tried the provided screwdriver to open the hatch at the top of the head and it was useless. Ended up using a regular one but with a thin cross tip. Now it works just fine. I only use the provided one for the arms. Same story for my Mark 45...

I've tried using a normal screwdriver as well. Maybe I'm just not strong enough to force a turn. There's nothing for a screw driver to hold onto anymore as my X is now an O :(

I know this sounds stupid, but it works, wet the tip of the screwdriver with water or saliva and roll around in some rocky dirt. The dirt allows the screwdriver to hold onto the stripped screw. I was a helicopter mechanic in the army for six years, worked like a charm

I know this sounds stupid, but it works, wet the tip of the screwdriver with water or saliva and roll around in some rocky dirt. The dirt allows the screwdriver to hold onto the stripped screw. I was a helicopter mechanic in the army for six years, worked like a charm

I will try this! Thank you.

Hawkeye gone now too. I wonder if they were warehouse finds or something? Really would've liked to get one of those War Machines.

A few pictures I recently took:

de8e683724c53dc3fd7d3f5b0c2e5a65.jpg

d7ccae6bbfde62e34c57bd8a07f2cbd4.jpg

c770d74b935c0b49bc02fd38277971c4.jpg

Thanks Jordanimal! Yes it’s a great figure. Looks awesome and feels solid. I just need the IM MK6 to release so I can display them together!

One more:
a476c7f1afe2ad6d5591b38d9ce3d8ae.jpg

Back