XM Predator by Narin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here we go! This was my favourite piece at STGCC 2017, and it was a very tough crowd this year. Unfortunately it doesn't photograph well, so the pose comes off stiff and awkward in pictures. But it didn't look that way in person at all. The only thing I didn't love on the piece was the base, but it wasn't finished in time for the show so they will be adding a lot more colour. After seeing it in person this piece was a definite order for me. I'll also have a video with the masked head on, and one with 4K closeups coming soon. There's plenty more content coming up if you feel like subbing to my channel. I hope you enjoy the video!

The details on his gear is amazing, let alone the paint app of his skin and portrait. Amazing piece! Thanks for sharing Rebecca.

The details on his gear is amazing, let alone the paint app of his skin and portrait. Amazing piece! Thanks for sharing Rebecca.

:hi5:

He,he,he "funky dreads". :clap

The prototype was rushed for the show, so they are fixing the dreads and the paint on the base was also not finished. I'm still trying to see if they can add quills.

Ok, here we go! This was my favourite piece at STGCC 2017, and it was a very tough crowd this year. Unfortunately it doesn't photograph well, so the pose comes off stiff and awkward in pictures. But it didn't look that way in person at all. The only thing I didn't love on the piece was the base, but it wasn't finished in time for the show so they will be adding a lot more colour. After seeing it in person this piece was a definite order for me. I'll also have a video with the masked head on, and one with 4K closeups coming soon. There's plenty more content coming up if you feel like subbing to my channel. I hope you enjoy the video!

Awesome video. Thanks for going over all the details. The more I see it the more I'm glad to have secured one.

Narin confirmed to me directly that XM did not want quills & net on this statue...looks like it will clearly be an artists rendition more than a cinematic Jungle Hunter...perhaps Prime 1 will get this right...

I don't think this was ever intended to be anything but a artists rendition of a type of Predator. It's a shame about the quills, didn't care too much about the lack of netting, but the lack of quills was a deal breaker for me when we are talking a $2k Predator statue.

We've come to associate the species to have quills though. Not so much the net. That's not a big deal.

I guess we can say that this one Predator shaves off all his quills before going on a hunt. :dunno

I would have liked quills, but it looked nice without the netting. It let the details on the body really stand out. I'll keep hassling them regarding the quills.

Narin confirmed to me directly that XM did not want quills & net on this statue...looks like it will clearly be an artists rendition more than a cinematic Jungle Hunter...perhaps Prime 1 will get this right...

XM don't have the movie license, so this is Narin's vision not the Jungle Hunter. I definitely think Prime 1 is the best bet for a Jungle Hunter right now.

I would have liked quills, but it looked nice without the netting. It let the details on the body really stand out. I'll keep hassling them regarding the quills.

That's one thing about XM Studios... they listen to feedback and, at times, will adjust/fix their products accordingly. Anyone who follows XM knows this. Let's hope they listen to you R!

Did we hear a shipping price already? Dare I ask?

Because XM can't sell these outside of their allotted area, folks in North America have to rely on friendly intermediaries.

Even if they charge exact shipping, this is ESTIMATED around the $650-700 USD mark (+ PayPal fees for the ENTIRE cost).

Unfortunately - that means I'm probably out on ANYTHING XM release unless it's released internationally.

I totally agree. Please do continue the quest for quills, Sisko. I love this piece and already have one on order. The only thing that bothers me about it is the lack of quills. Like Centurion said, we have come to see this species as having quills. That opinion has nothing to do with movie accuracy.

Back