SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you get the Hockey Mask off the new Jason figure with out damaging the Mask?

ByMGl5.jpg

:)

How do you get the Hockey Mask off the new Jason figure with out damaging the Mask?

what I do (since I replace the rivets) is take a thin knife and carefully remove the rivets. If you're lucky you can pull the rivet out in one cut by running the knife inbetween the rivet and strap. But either way, remove all 3 rivets which allows you do take the straps off the mask. Once that's done I drop the head in some near boiling water (just heat a cup of water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes) and let it sit for a few seconds. Pull out the head and at that point the mask should be very pliable, just bend the top forward until you can see the square where it attaches to the head. Once that's visible I just carefully cut the square plug off the back of the mask with an exacto knife. If the mask starts stiffening up again, or you need to change the angle of the cut just drop it back in the water and finish cutting.

The thing to be most careful if is not to tear the mask or cut through the mask with the knife. Secondarily try not to damage the face too much either with the knife. You'll probably remove a bit of the sculpt with the knife, but you can keep that to a minimum if you're careful.

what I do (since I replace the rivets) is take a thin knife and carefully remove the rivets. If you're lucky you can pull the rivet out in one cut by running the knife inbetween the rivet and strap. But either way, remove all 3 rivets which allows you do take the straps off the mask. Once that's done I drop the head in some near boiling water (just heat a cup of water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes) and let it sit for a few seconds. Pull out the head and at that point the mask should be very pliable, just bend the top forward until you can see the square where it attaches to the head. Once that's visible I just carefully cut the square plug off the back of the mask with an exacto knife. If the mask starts stiffening up again, or you need to change the angle of the cut just drop it back in the water and finish cutting.

The thing to be most careful if is not to tear the mask or cut through the mask with the knife. Secondarily try not to damage the face too much either with the knife. You'll probably remove a bit of the sculpt with the knife, but you can keep that to a minimum if you're careful.

Sounds terrifying lol. Not sure I'd have the stones to do it.

Hey thanks for the info GB your the best! :cool:

Making peace with this figure.

He's out with the pre Halloween decor.....
18c94207cbc43a4a409159cd823d210a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine today. Didn’t get the Exclusive since I was late to the party but was able to get an awesome deal from Secret Compass out of CO for $190 with free shipping.

Did do some quick mods. First thing first took a little over 1/8” off the plug and glued it back into the head which fixed the gap issue.

Before
0af0c2239ef7cfac6edbc93106ad9488.jpg
9a19e9e2d1a194b36801fcc94eb100c9.jpg

After
6c2f40622fbb52b337363369f2fc45a5.jpg

Finally I weathered the clothes (using actual potting soil and sealing it with Dul-Coat) because what he is wearing is just far too clean. Going to add some blood splatter effects too, might add those tomorrow or tonight. Anyway here are some before and after and a side by side.
f06cac0f43fcd1bc42d17f785aa711f8.jpg

Before
365c433070f5d5a0d57cc27384dbbcf4.jpg

After
ebfd45c67c7c60bb7dc4b217c145f85b.jpg

Side by Side
6c8e31cb4f8b479504b85c75fea6da63.jpg

Absolutely love this Figure. Looks so much better in hand then my crappy phone pics make it look. Also looks pretty sweet with Freddy. Going to build a custom dock stand for him along with a little Camp Crystal Lake sign.
6f735c6a95b3bc5e7b09eee93609abfd.jpg

a92b2a85edff5571f594049f7dd3aec0.jpg

Take Care - Jase

Just got done watching part 3 again, man thats some crappy actor's compared to the 1st two film's lol. A odd thought popped into my head after watching 1 thru 3 who gave jason a hair cut ???:dunno:horror:lol He was full on hippy end of part 2. LOL:lol Also anyone think the creepy guy Ralph was bangin Mom Voorhees ???Before she went FULL on mental and possible reason he knew the killings would happen maybe i dont lol.:lol

Well after weathering the clothes I finally added some blood effects to my Jason....little acrylic red gloss and black gloss and a touch of Future Floor Wax....looks wet but is dry to the touch....old modeling trick.

Added blood and drips to the hands - shirt, pants, pant cuffs, and boots, also re-did blood effects to the ax. Just love this figure.

When the wife looks at him and says “he looks disgusting” I know I got him right. LOL!
1dfb9b9ce940d3210b4420af93cd4fa0.jpg
e5f2ef16957d1b4e4a206b8873debb55.jpg

Back