The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That just means its now time to collect the line in 1/4 scale. :wink1:

:lol The Joker figure is tempting. I like the sculpt and it comes with a ton of accessories. HT just upped that price into the range where I start to think about what else I'd rather have that costs that much.

I gotta get this.

kWeUPjx.jpg

n2MimOD.jpg

What's the price likely to be on that? It's my father's all-time favourite film, might pick one up as a Christmas/birthday/Father's Day gift for him.

What's the price likely to be on that? It's my father's all-time favourite film, might pick one up as a Christmas/birthday/Father's Day gift for him.

Pre-order prices look to be $150. Very very affordable. They did a Doc too but I wasn't happy with it. This looks more acceptable.

I'd be all over a good Doc Holliday figure, one of Kilmer's best performances. Tombstone is a criminally underrated film.

I agree. I'm going to try to have Kilmer sign a Doc pic when he's in Oklahoma City later this year for Wizard World. I've liked a lot of his roles, but Doc is the one that immediately comes to mind when I think of him.

Speaking of good films, I saw Dunkirk in IMAX earlier today. Maybe it's because I had a personal stake in it (my grandfather was there for the entire thing, and the young protagonist of the "beach" storyline looks and acts just like a young version of him), but I was completely transported by that film. It's a real experience.

I've heard it's fantastic. It's been a long while since I had a great experience at the theater.

Go to a cinema with a good sound setup if you see it. The sound mixing is incredible, and things like the aircraft engine noises, gunfire, etc are appropriately ball-rattlingly loud.

Go to a cinema with a good sound setup if you see it. The sound mixing is incredible, and things like the aircraft engine noises, gunfire, etc are appropriately ball-rattlingly loud.

That is an incredibly accurate description. Probably one of the most intense experiences I've ever had seeing a movie in theaters. Definitely recommend seeing it that way.

Damn, that's pretty keen. Think I'll go for it.

I'd be all over a good Doc Holliday figure, one of Kilmer's best performances. Tombstone is a criminally underrated film.

Without a doubt his best. It's also what got him cast as Batman. I forget if it was a producer or Joel himself that saw him in that and said he'd be good for the role.

Forever isn't an awful movie, and I would definitely buy HT figures from it. Nipples and all.

I agree. I'm going to try to have Kilmer sign a Doc pic when he's in Oklahoma City later this year for Wizard World. I've liked a lot of his roles, but Doc is the one that immediately comes to mind when I think of him.

That's great. Most people would take Top Gun stuff, but Doc was too much of a legendary character in Tombstone. My wife was actually checking his Instagram last night... he's looking so sickly.

Speaking of good films, I saw Dunkirk in IMAX earlier today. Maybe it's because I had a personal stake in it (my grandfather was there for the entire thing, and the young protagonist of the "beach" storyline looks and acts just like a young version of him), but I was completely transported by that film. It's a real experience.

I'm not much of a Nolan fan anymore, but it definitely got my interest when I started seeing trailers for it. I'm not a Hardy fan, but I'll give it a go.

That's pretty awesome that your Grandfather was part of it. My Grandfather served in WWII in the airborne as a paratrooper.

That's great. Most people would take Top Gun stuff, but Doc was too much of a legendary character in Tombstone. My wife was actually checking his Instagram last night... he's looking so sickly.

I really hope he doesn't cancel. I was shocked to see the announcement that he planned to attend. He must be doing much better if he's travelling around putting up with a bunch of nerds.

I'm not much of a Nolan fan anymore, but it definitely got my interest when I started seeing trailers for it. I'm not a Hardy fan, but I'll give it a go.

That's pretty awesome that your Grandfather was part of it. My Grandfather served in WWII in the airborne as a paratrooper.

It's definitely one of his better films, the realism of the subject matter suits his style better than fantasy. Tom Hardy manages to steal the entire film despite being a pair of eyes in a Spitfire cockpit for the majority of it.

My grandfather became a medic after Dunkirk. He never talked about it much when I was younger and he was still alive, but I got the impression from what he did say that he'd seen enough fighting for one lifetime. Strange to think we're probably in the last generation of people who have had a living connection in their lives to WWII.

It's definitely one of his better films, the realism of the subject matter suits his style better than fantasy. Tom Hardy manages to steal the entire film despite being a pair of eyes in a Spitfire cockpit for the majority of it.

My grandfather became a medic after Dunkirk. He never talked about it much when I was younger and he was still alive, but I got the impression from what he did say that he'd seen enough fighting for one lifetime. Strange to think we're probably in the last generation of people who have had a living connection in their lives to WWII.

Yeah, during that time there wasn't much care in regards to PTSD (Shell shock at the time) treatment so most came back pretty messed up and climbed into the bottle.

I also had an uncle who drove one of the boats onto either Omaha or Utah beach, I forget which. He actually hated Saving Private Ryan since he said it wasn't realistic and next to no guys survived.

Yeah, during that time there wasn't much care in regards to PTSD (Shell shock at the time) treatment so most came back pretty messed up and climbed into the bottle.

I also had an uncle who drove one of the boats onto either Omaha or Utah beach, I forget which. He actually hated Saving Private Ryan since he said it wasn't realistic and next to no guys survived.

My grandfather always maintained the most realistic war film of all time was Kelly's Heroes :lol

Now there's a film that needs some high-end figures.

I haven't seen Kelly's Heroes in forever. I'd probably get a lot more out of it watching it now, since I don't think I was old enough to appreciate it.

Back