1/6 Hot Toys Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only non-established franchise flick that I'm excited about this year. I think it looks great. Hopefully it meets my expectations. Will most likely order these figures if they see the light of day. Definitely think Valerian could use some alterations: camel toe, chest length, etc.

IMO These beat any new Ironman or Thor release. Something new is always a welcome treat.

The movie only made $1.7M in Thursday previews...bombs away! Kiss these figures goodbye (not that they'd ever have been released anyway).

The movie only made $1.7M in Thursday previews...bombs away! Kiss these figures goodbye (not that they'd ever have been released anyway).

Maybe for HT.

At least fans of this film can look forward to the Neca lines , Neca doesn't care about box office scores :lol

Saw it today with the wife. Meh...

Yeah, I don't see these happening. Visually impressive, but the first half of the movie plods along, story is pretty weak, and the acting is mediocre. Cara's a cute kid, but she has about as much talent as a tuna-fish sandwich. And that hideously ugly kid that played Valerian had me laughing when he mentioned how handsome he is (yeah, not even in their universe; that putz looks like a heroin addict). I don't foresee any future outings for this duo. I don't know what's happened to Luc Besson, but his movies of late have been fairly sub-par. I miss the days of La Femme Nikita, Fifth Element and The Professional.

Wow- ANY flm could make that much on a Thursday preview- might be the biggest bomb this year

9c54909c6a78561129ed9b51e828a975.jpg

677819ca1f527ee6d2a0f1263ee1eb01.jpg

c61e7a7ba7ce9a5a0384712b76fa89bd.jpg

eb1bdb8f5884e0d89ff6eef87a73d129.jpg

Saw it today with the wife. Meh...

Yeah, I don't see these happening. Visually impressive, but the first half of the movie plods along, story is pretty weak, and the acting is mediocre. Cara's a cute kid, but she has about as much talent as a tuna-fish sandwich. And that hideously ugly kid that played Valerian had me laughing when he mentioned how handsome he is (yeah, not even in their universe; that putz looks like a heroin addict). I don't foresee any future outings for this duo. I don't know what's happened to Luc Besson, but his movies of late have been fairly sub-par. I miss the days of La Femme Nikita, Fifth Element and The Professional.

You need to remove 5th Element. That was the beginning of his downward spiral into cheap flicks. Sounds like Valerian is basically 5th Element 2.

You need to remove 5th Element. That was the beginning of his downward spiral into cheap flicks. Sounds like Valerian is basically 5th Element 2.

This. There's things I like about Fifth Element from a production design point of view (unsurpringly, given JC Mezieres' involvement & influence), but that film was otherwise a Curate's egg even at the time, and aged very badly, very quickly.

But, Nikita, Subway, The Big Blue, Leon.. I'll always see a Besson film, because he's interesting, so I plan to see how he's tackled Valerian. I hope it lives up to the best of the graphic books, but let's see.

VERY interested in the figures, they look good, but I also prefer Laureline's "action ponytail" look with the spacesuit.. so a second hs would unlikely but great.

This film will make most of its money outside the US I suspect. A commercial drubbing didn't stop HT from releasing Terminator Salvation, Terminator Gynysys, Sucker Punch, Hellboy, GI Joe Retaliation, Clash of the Titans, etc, figure lines.

This film will make most of its money outside the US I suspect. A commercial drubbing didn't stop HT from releasing Terminator Salvation, Terminator Gynysys, Sucker Punch, Hellboy, GI Joe Retaliation, Clash of the Titans, etc, figure lines.
Didn't a great deal of those movies come before both the MCEU and the DCEU really started to kick in?

Just saw it today. Not groundbreaking, but fun. I get the mixed reviews, but I liked it. I really want these darn figures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word is Luc Besson put up a lot of the money for the budget himself - like, in excess of $180 million. D'oh! :slap

Back