Media Resident Evil General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-Original VA for Claire, Alyson Court, also worked heavily on the Outbreak games. This podcast from a few days ago with her has her revealing several scenarios that were cut from Outbreak. Originally, there were 40 scenarios. Unfortunate we only got 10 across two games.

-Alyson says there's a story with the female licker in Hellfire, a scenario at a motel, and a scenario with a woman and her zombie child.

-Alyson married one of the producers of RE2 and was pregnant when she helped make the Outbreak games; motion capture, voice direction, and translations.

-She says a line from Revelations 2 with the classic Claire voice, "Whew, I was almost a Claire sandwich."

-She also said she loves Claire so much that she'd be willing to do voice work for Revelations 2 and the remake for RE2 and "accidentally" leak it for modders to add her voice to those games on PC :lol

-Her son is about 14 years old now and recently wanted to play the original RE2. Alyson yelling at him that he's going to die in Claire's voice as he's playing Claire sounds pretty damn funny :lol

-She ends with saying that she will be willing to do a podcast dedicated to her time making Outbreak and all the scenarios we didn't get some time in the future.

This will be great to listen to while driving later, thanks! Alyson Court is certainly one of my favorite VA's of all time, I just can't support a RE game without her no matter how good it is.

Fantastic Outbreak games tonight! Played File #2 Flashback with my friends, Yoko, David, and Ty (finally had all four of us on at the same time). First run ended poorly, I went a different way and the Ax Man killed me on the roof of the hospital. Hilarious when Yoko plays Yoko and David plays David. I just spam their names in-game as Kevin [emoji38]

David usually plays Alyssa (to which Kevin usually yells "ALEE-SAH!") and Yoko just plays Yoko all the time. Anyway, in our second attempt at Flashback, Yoko somehow got lost after we had to escape the collapsing hospital and perished while we other three made it out.

Second game was Underbelly with just my friends David and Yoko (Ty played only Flashback then got offline for the night). We finish the stage fine, with little to no ammo left. After defeating the giant Flea boss, David makes it back to the subway car first and ****ing LEAVES US BEHIND. Having never done this alternate path before, I did remember reading that the escape route was all the way back in the basement via the tower ventilation door.

I tell Yoko (via Discord) that there are going to be giant fleas EVERYWHERE and to run and not stop for anything. We make it to the vent door in the basement after getting banged up by fleas and it's ****ing locked! I ask David to at least look up where the key is for us since he betrayed us anyway, and it's all the way back up on the platform under the subway car that left! I tell Yoko, "No offense, but you'll slow me down. I'll go by myself. To stay safe, enter and exit the same door as fast as possible until I get back."

While she barely avoids two poisonous fleas and three zombies in the basement, I hightail it all the way back up to the platform alone with only about 10 shotgun shells left and a single first-aid spray. After getting banged up a little more and having to waste my only FA spray after a giant flea made me bleed (so I wouldn't limp risking more damage), I make it back to the basement and Yoko seems to have confused the three zombies as they're standing idle when I enter the basement hallway. I run past one (the other two are further downstairs) and find Yoko limping. I shoulder her to the generator room, past two fleas, and to the door and unlock it and proceed.

Thankfully there's a green and red herb on the other side of the door and I heal Yoko up. We proceed further down into hell past a giant flea and two smaller fleas. We make it to the giant tower vent and it's a maze of ladders with different sized fleas all throughout. Luckily, since there was two of us, we could take a small shortcut by pushing a heavy metal crate and bypassing a walkway. After lowering the lift to a lower walkway to get the final key needed to escape, we made our way back to a ladder where I told Yoko to wait while I figured out this maze of ladders and get the key.

Once I reach the top and find the final lock, I head back down, barely dodging more fleas, and get the key. A crate separates us with a ladder on each our side leading up to the same walkway where a flea had earlier sucked my blood and became giant. We synchronize our climb up to the walkway, barely make it to that ladder before the giant flea can knock us down, and proceed to the lock. Ugh, another ladder? Turns out it's the last ladder! I tell Yoko to go ahead and climb while I use my last 4 shells to take out a flea. As I make it to the ladder, more fleas are climbing down into the pit. I make it to the top, full moon and dark city buildings in view, and GTFO.

TL;DR
Outbreak epitomizes classic RE survival horror and with co-op, allows you to weave a different story of survival, betrayal, and even comedy each time you play.

THIS is the reason the Outbreak games were special. True survival horror at it's finest, and with co-op to boot! There was no game like it then, and there's no game like it now. It was truly ahead of its time and deserves a comeback more than ever now that online games are finally more accessible.

Last edited:
Didn't really know where else to post this,

RE 4,5 & 6 remastered are being sold as a triple pack on the PlayStation store in the UK (not sure about anywhere else) for £19.99. That's all 3 games for that price. Whereas in other places they are £18 each. Bargain! Downloading now

That's pretty good. If I could redo it, I would of gotten that instead of them separately. I may end up buying RE4 again for the fourth time just to have it on PS4.

And Metal Gear. No, seriously, Metal Gear Solid.

No kidding :lol no matter what Big Nose Boss Brojima or his cuck superfans say, he did use Zambeez.

I've been playing through RE4 over the weekend. I forgot how solidly well made it was. I think the game is pretty damn good until you get about 2/3 the way through the Castle. Water room can go **** itself. It's retardely difficult. I'm doing it on Professional and I'm just about done the Castle.

No kidding :lol no matter what Big Nose Boss Brojima or his cuck superfans say, he did use Zambeez.

I've been playing through RE4 over the weekend. I forgot how solidly well made it was. I think the game is pretty damn good until you get about 2/3 the way through the Castle. Water room can go **** itself. It's retardely difficult. I'm doing it on Professional and I'm just about done the Castle.

RE4 is one of the best games ever. More action than survival horror. But still an amazing game. I have the PS2 steelbook on display.

I love RE4 but hate it at the same time it was the dawn of torture for years .
RE5 and 6 and those **** movies .

While RE4 completely changed the formula, in hindsight I kinda think it was the right way to go given how many times the mold was used that we were used to. RE1/2/3/0/CV... you got five core games that all play exactly the same. Although now, I'd like to see it return seeing as the action genre didn't work, and neither did the minimalist approach that RE7 was. What a dud that was.

Don't bother unless you get it dirt cheap. I was bored with it very quickly. I didn't even do a second playthrough.

Back