1/6 Hot Toys Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ignorance in this statement... [emoji13]
totally unfamiliar with the subject origins.
do you say is it the other way around?

318Js7s.jpg

totally unfamiliar with the subject origins.
do you say is it the other way around?

318Js7s.jpg
Valerian and Lauraline predate Star Wars itself.

I'll give you that ME had the "swoosh" in the logo first, but the outfits in both franchises are generic as ****.

I'm not defending this movie as something significant or epic, but you don't call something a ripoff because the logos look similar. Especially when that something has literally inspired a great deal of modern science fiction ;)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The comic predates Star Wars, which was heavily "inspired" by it. Started in 1967 and ended in 2010.
erm, so what?
anything that is close to star wars or comics doesn't interest me (to put it mildly), and the only thing i mean is these modern designs that are a 100% ripoff from a videogame.

erm, so what?
anything that is close to star wars or comics doesn't interest me (to put it mildly), and the only thing i mean is these modern designs that are a 100% ripoff from a videogame.

Maybe try looking at more pictures from the comics.

Valerian-Comic-Book-Luc-Besson.jpg

They clearly took the lines of the comic costumes and rendered them in hard surface. It's not so much that the film is ripping off Mass Effect as Mass Effect being inspired by things that were in turn inspired by this, and other, Eurocomics. It's a similar effect to John Carter, which was a primary source of inspiration for so much pop culture material we now take for granted that when it finally got a film it looked like it was ripping off things it had, in its original incarnation, inspired.

well I ABSOLUTELY WANT a Delevingne figure
so I hope it happens
and if it doesn't mr Chan will give me his

Thanks for reminding me. I enjoyed MGSV more than most people here, would have enjoyed good figures of at least Venom Snake and Quiet :(

I'll always wish for a HT Old Snake with the Octocamo mask. Still cannot believe how much Medicom dropped the ball on that one.

So pleased Besson's made this film (especially since he'd already mined it for some of the Fifth Element production design), hope its as good as the best of the graphic novels, but we'll see. Classic material for those that know.

I'm in for figures, but I'll only believe HT is actually doing them once I have them in hand ;)

They clearly took the lines of the comic costumes and rendered them in hard surface. It's not so much that the film is ripping off Mass Effect as Mass Effect being inspired by things that were in turn inspired by this, and other, Eurocomics. It's a similar effect to John Carter, which was a primary source of inspiration for so much pop culture material we now take for granted that when it finally got a film it looked like it was ripping off things it had, in its original incarnation, inspired.
i fully understand your detailed explanation, but still see a simple lazy copy of an existing design, not a design in the same fashion :)
Pacific Rim suits were "inspired", yeah (though looked more like uninspired), but these... nope, they are direct copies.

These will never see the light of day. We'll see prototypes at SDCC but the film is going to bomb hard and these figures will just sit on Howard's shelf like so many other things they tease us with.

HT previews something that isn't Marvel or DC and it's Haters Gonna Hate. :lol

"where is 'my' favorite character dawl" :lol

Back