1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could you show us how you have removed the jacket lining?

It's really easy, just turn the jacket inside out, cut a little of the lining material to get started, then just cut it put. It's not attached to the leather jacket in many places. Just cut the main part out but leave a little of the lining intact where it attaches to the jacket (eg at the cuffs, at the zip etc.

Here is a comparison shot to the standard DX05.

XtUZDQ9.jpg

And this shot just cos I liked it (and I got the jacket collars sorted)! :)

gnTmWzE.jpg

Right, will just post up some pictures at a later date when everything is finished (until the inevitable upgrades as and when).

Cheers
Simon.

Simon, it's AMAZING! I love the look of the DX05 jacket! It hangs well with the lining removed and the weathering looks so natural! Also your paint work on the head sculpt is excellent. Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks you sir! Much appreciated. I'm having a lot of fun with this project, excited to have a semi-decent 1/6 Indy at the end of it.

Ha ha, it just so happens that I put myself on that "interested" list about an hour ago, along with the Sean Dabbs shoes list.

I'm officially addicted to the ongoing hunt for Indy perfection!

It's really easy, just turn the jacket inside out, cut a little of the lining material to get started, then just cut it put. It's not attached to the leather jacket in many places. Just cut the main part out but leave a little of the lining intact where it attaches to the jacket (eg at the cuffs, at the zip etc.

Cheers
Simon.

thanks for the explanations !! the jacket seems more natural on the body...maybe i'll try it....about the pockets..you have glued them? like the collar...

thanks for the explanations !! the jacket seems more natural on the body...maybe i'll try it....about the pockets..you have glued them? like the collar...

Hey there.
Yes, taking the lining out makes the jacket a whole lot thinner and more pliable. It certainly allows you to futz with it a little more, which works better for the scale I think.

I did glue the pocket flaps and collars down, made the whole thing more streamlined and realistic at 1/6.

It's a stressful thing cutting up a dx05 jacket. Fortunately I managed to find a spare jacket on eBay for £14 (they usually go between £40- £50) so felt a little more comfortable modifying it.

And.........page 1138!

It's interesting that you mention gluing down the collar on the HT jacket, I think the SSC one looks better if you unstitch it. Still, I'm guessing the material on the DX one is thicker.

It's interesting that you mention gluing down the collar on the HT jacket, I think the SSC one looks better if you unstitch it. Still, I'm guessing the material on the DX one is thicker.

Yeah, at 1/6 it just doesn't have the weight to lay naturally as it would on a normal jacket, sticking it down on the dx05 looks better (to me) for a "Raiders" style jacket. Without some kind of mod the dx05 jacket collars have a tendency to stick up, or outwards.

The sideshow jacket seems to have a collar more consistent with the last crusade jacket in styling. Did consider getting the sideshow jacket as I do quite like the collars. Maybe if I do a crusade indy at some point.

Yeah, at 1/6 it just doesn't have the weight to lay naturally as it would on a normal jacket, sticking it down on the dx05 looks better (to me) for a "Raiders" style jacket. Without some kind of mod the dx05 jacket collars have a tendency to stick up, or outwards.

The sideshow jacket seems to have a collar more consistent with the last crusade jacket in styling. Did consider getting the sideshow jacket as I do quite like the collars. Maybe if I do a crusade indy at some point.

I think the whole jacket is more Last Crusade as it has that stud at the bottom of the zipper, I think that was only on that jacket.

Hey guys......another info request.

The last thing I would really like now is a quality whip. Can anyone recommend the best quality custom whips so that I can post a 'want to buy' thread?

Alternatively, if you have a great custom whip for sale, please let me know and would be happy to take it off your hands!cheers,
Simon.

I have made a couple of runs of custom whips in the past. Not as awesome as MFisher's whips, but still better than anything else I've seen out there. Looks great hanging from Indy's belt, and several SSF board members have bought them from me for their figures. If you can find an MFisher whip, then 100% go for that, but if not, drop me a PM if you fancy one of these...

IMG_5471.jpg

I have made a couple of runs of custom whips in the past. Not as awesome as MFisher's whips, but still better than anything else I've seen out there. Looks great hanging from Indy's belt, and several SSF board members have bought them from me for their figures. If you can find an MFisher whip, then 100% go for that, but if not, drop me a PM if you fancy one of these...

View attachment 352308

Whip looks great there man. Will drop you a note!

Back