1/6 Hot Toys Wonder Woman Training Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the sculpt is really good, but the foot/ankle is where I have issues. Looks like they are snap on feet at the ankle and there doesn't seem to be any sculpting to even give the semblance of toes, but I don't know if there are supposed to be some toe armor there like her other figure has. exposed ankle joint looks odd but that's just me.

$235 at SSC. Seems a bit steep. Over 17 points of articulation. I think I just want the head for the business attire custom.

No doubt they used the same body for the BVS version because of the amount of listed articulation . But now that see the body sculpt used or least can see the flesh parts better..I really think the BVS version is going to look exceptional and probably the best designed HT female figure to date :yess:

Nice but I don't know if it's $235 nice. This would have been a buy for me probably if it was $220 or less.

Pre-ordered, and with $75 in SS rewards.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Hot Toys can't even get the DOJ version delivered to us and they're already soliciting pre-orders for this. SMH.

This version was planned long time ago and they knew to release this prototype right when the film released officially..so obvious

So well done. Amazing likeness, paint, and the hair is awesome. Pretty good accessories, too. I'm not a Wonder Woman collector, but I'm totally jealous of those that are! Great addition to a collection, and very different from Batman v. Superman. Great job, Hot Toys!

This version was planned long time ago and they knew to release this prototype right when the film released officially..so obvious

Yes it quite obvious and I suspect that they will have release the WW solo figure after they push this figure out the door so we can double dip.

I just hope this thing holds these poses with out tearing the skin

Hot Toys can't even get the DOJ version delivered to us and they're already soliciting pre-orders for this. SMH.
My guess is that the first version has taken so long because they're trying to get the seamless body right. Once that's done future releases shouldn't be as big of a problem probably. Plus they probably figure that it's pointless to release what's essentially the same outfit with slightly different colors with the first version releasing around the corner but wanted to do a figure from the solo film and this is a decent choice to pick as it's something different.

I'm glad there isn't an exclusive on this one, it lets me delay an order and wait and see what is coming. I'm sure a standard WW will be one of the last figures release to space out from the BvS shipping and prevent people canceling out there.

Yeah, if the hair looks good it because it's not rooted.

You can INSTANTLY tell when you're dealing with rooted hair. Always.

Anyway, I have a hard time seeing Gadot in a few shots, but in others she looks about 90% there. And I don't really want to get into weird body territory, because I don't want to offend any of the female members on this forum, but the body doesn't really look much like Gadot, and I think that's throwing off the whole figure. Weird how they developed it for WW and then made it not look like her.

Yep to all of this. ^^^ The body is just too big for the head. The BvS version with the updated sculpt suffers from the same issue. Shame because the actual sculpt for this is crazy good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it quite obvious and I suspect that they will have release the WW solo figure after they push this figure out the door so we can double dip.

I just hope this thing holds these poses with out tearing the skin

I'm going to put my faith that HT seamless body was designed better than the Phicen seamless because my phicen seamless are already cracking in less than a year :panic:

I'm glad there isn't an exclusive on this one, it lets me delay an order and wait and see what is coming. I'm sure a standard WW will be one of the last figures release to space out from the BvS shipping and prevent people canceling out there.
I can see them skipping it altogether, and just doing a Justice League version later in the year.

I'm going to put my faith that HT seamless body was designed better than the Phicen seamless because my phicen seamless are already cracking in less than a year :panic:
Are they now I always wondered how those things will hold up I am assuming you took the usual precautions no extreme posing air conditioner room and it's still giving you issues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I'm still debating if I want this version..although this armor had an ample enough of screen time ..it's not my favorite look for her but that HS is spot on realistic IMO :confused:

Are they now I always wondered how those things will hold up I am assuming you took the usual precautions no extreme posing air conditioner room and it's still giving you issues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Yup left them like statues in a display so disturbing the back of the knees started tearing followed by arms

I can see them skipping it altogether, and just doing a Justice League version later in the year.
Yeah agreed. It's pointless to do this version when the Batman V Superman is just about to come out and because we'll see another version of essentially the same outfit later this year. This version is probably the version from the solo film and I bet we don't see more. Unless they surprise us and do an exclusive or something possibly with the cloak she wears.

They will do WW version with cloak or something.

Probably reuse this head with rooted hair.

Problem is, that headsculpt looks so much better than the BvS one. Makes me hope they do put out an exclusive with the BvS outfit, cloak, and the new head modded for (ideally) sculpted hair, or possibly the Barbie hair.

--edit:

They will do WW version with cloak or something.

Probably reuse this head with rooted hair.

I like the way you think. They did something like this with Batman, so. . .possibility.

Back