1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. Not trying to kick up the DV vs Plastic war, but I've never understood the argument. People don't question the value difference between a plastic fork and a metal one, amirite?

:dunno

I see if differently. If the fork were being used for display purposes only and will look exactly the same. I'd go with the plastic one if it's 40% cheaper (aside from being cheaper, it doesn't limit my display options). If people prefer to pay more for the metal one because they'll be handling it more - I understand the argument/reasoning for that. All personal preferences.

Woo he just arrived!

ee72aa2f497f78d6f408ba978a284d33.jpg

Photos or it's not real 😜

I see if differently. If the fork were being used for display purposes only and will look exactly the same. I'd go with the plastic one if it's 40% cheaper (aside from being cheaper, it doesn't limit my display options). If people prefer to pay more for the metal one because they'll be handling it more - I understand the argument/reasoning for that. All personal preferences.

This :goodpost:

That's the argument and why I can't afford to get these as fast and easily than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but I don't think there is a hard, DIECAST IS BETTER or PLASTIC IS BETTER. First, its up to each individual as to what they like, want and prefer. Second, the are pluses and minuses to both. I pretty much have every armor. And I love them all. But as a completist, I am thrilled that they are not all DC. I wouldn't have almost 50 if they were.

I'm pretty sure if budget isn't a question, you wouldn't mind all DC. Money talks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure if budget isn't a question, you wouldn't mind all DC. Money talks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not the case. I am just as happy with all the plastic armors as the DC. Like I said, they both have their pluses and minuses. I don't need the weight of a DC figure to make me appreciate it.

Not the case. I am just as happy with all the plastic armors as the DC. Like I said, they both have their pluses and minuses. I don't need the weight of a DC figure to make me appreciate it.

Same here, i have all the DC figures so far and they are fantastic but my favorites are the plastic ones (more due to the suit designs than anything else). The weight is nice but i like to also use the flight stands so i like the lighter figures for that. I have never bought a figure because of plastic or DC i just buy them because i love the variety of IM suits.

Tuesday cannot come soon enough. This is like a hot toys dream for me. Diecast, those accessories, the weaponry, the paint job, I wish all figures had this many options.

As for the diecast "debate".. I prefer the house party figures be plastic and the main iron man/war machine armors be diecast.

For me it's the perceived value. They just feel that they're worth the price and I enjoy the way the diecast feels over the plasti. It's just something I can't describe. My only complaint with the diecast figures is with the stands/bases. I wish they had a system that would make me feel more comfortable while displaying them in a flight pose. I wish the clamp supported the torso as well rather than just clipping onto the waist. But I'd definitely trade flight poses for diecast when it comes to main armors. Also, these figures are about the only collectible that I prefer to be diecast.

And people say the plastic "iron men" are fine. The Die-cast really gives you what you paid for.

For me it's the perceived value. They just feel that they're worth the price and I enjoy the way the diecast feels over the plastic.

I like the diecast figures, but when it comes to "value" over the plastic ones, I am not sure there is added value compared to plastic when you factor in the added price. In other words I think you "get what you pay for" with both; and I could appreciate having a plastic version if they made that instead because it would be "worth the price" of being a $100 cheaper.

As far as "perceived value", I get it when you hold a diecast figure the weight makes it feels like it is "worth" it, but when you are just 'perceiving' with your eyes a well constructed and painted plastic figure can seem very "worth it" too; and again for less money.

In the end, for me, I don't buy these because of the material but because they are high quality representations of characters I like. I like the diecast figures I have, though the price has kept me from buying a few figures I may have gotten if they were not diecast; especially when I may be buying multiple figures around the same time.

I did order WM Mk3, and look forward to getting him when he arrives on Tuesday.

I like the diecast figures, but when it comes to "value" over the plastic ones, I am not sure there is added value compared to plastic when you factor in the added price. In other words I think you "get what you pay for" with both; and I could appreciate having a plastic version if they made that instead because it would be "worth the price" of being a $100 cheaper.

As far as "perceived value", I get it when you hold a diecast figure the weight makes it feels like it is "worth" it, but when you are just 'perceiving' with your eyes a well constructed and painted plastic figure can seem very "worth it" too; and again for less money.

In the end, for me, I don't buy these because of the material but because they are high quality representations of characters I like. I like the diecast figures I have, though the price has kept me from buying a few figures I may have gotten if they were not diecast; especially when I may be buying multiple figures around the same time.

I did order WM Mk3, and look forward to getting him when he arrives on Tuesday.

/\/\/\
THIS.

I agree completely. I buy both a love both. So there is no struggle for me. IMO, the additional weight to the DC is what gives it that perceived additional value..........that is being paid for with the extra $100 in the price tag.

I love the heft of the DC, but that wasn't the selling feature for me. After comparing the MK1 War Machine in plastic and DC, side-by-side, the DC is simply a much better figure. The size, articulation, paint, and even light-up features, is much improved (in my opinion). Then add the diecast material and weight, and it suddenly became well worth the money. It seems that there will be similar improvements in the DC Mark V, and VI. Although the plastic VI has a lot of great battle-damage and accessories.
If the plastic and DC figures were exactly the same in every way other than the material, I'd go with plastic just to save cost and weight. But so far, for me, for the Iron Man armors I intend to keep, there isn't that choice available.

I love the heft of the DC, but that wasn't the selling feature for me. After comparing the MK1 War Machine in plastic and DC, side-by-side, the DC is simply a much better figure. The size, articulation, paint, and even light-up features, is much improved (in my opinion). Then add the diecast material and weight, and it suddenly became well worth the money. It seems that there will be similar improvements in the DC Mark V, and VI. Although the plastic VI has a lot of great battle-damage and accessories.
If the plastic and DC figures were exactly the same in every way other than the material, I'd go with plastic just to save cost and weight. But so far, for me, for the Iron Man armors I intend to keep, there isn't that choice available.

Pretty much this.

If the DC and plastic were similar in every way except material, then plastic it is for me but is that the case?

Well.....I will let people here view the WM MkI plastic and die-cast side-by-side and let them make their decision on that alone.

Obvious clear choice. To think that the only difference between DC and plastic is cost and material is clearly misinformed or blind.

Pretty much this.

If the DC and plastic were similar in every way except material, then plastic it is for me but is that the case?

Well.....I will let people here view the WM MkI plastic and die-cast side-by-side and let them make their decision on that alone.

Obvious clear choice. To think that the only difference between DC and plastic is cost and material is clearly misinformed or blind.

I'm sorry, but trying to say diecast is better by comparing the WM MK1 plastic version to the diecast version is what is misinformed. You're comparing a 6 year old design to a new figure. Hot Toys' engineering has improved by leaps and bounds since then. You should be comparing the newer diecast figures to the newer plastic ones like Shotgun.

Then we're clearly arguing about different things. Because I don't think anyone is saying they prefer plastic MK1 War Machine because it's cheaper.

The plastic version is just old. If they remade the plastic with the same proportions as the diecast, plastic all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back