Media Read Dead Redemption 2 (October 26th 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 (still needs full confirmation)

Cu-LRSTW8AAszBG.jpg:large

Mag 7 eh?

I guess the trailer drops tomorrow 3-4:00 pm GMT?

This just makes men to me think how awesome it would be if trains had fully detailed interiors with citizens you could rob. Imagine you and your buddies online going full blown Butch and Sundance and robbing trains.

That would be awesome for sure. But I just want to be able to hog tie a bunch of people onto the train track and have them get run over by the train without my game crashing. Although train robberies might make that much easier....

Mag 7 eh?

I guess the trailer drops tomorrow 3-4:00 pm GMT?

That's an awesome sig. I think the thread title (and sig) should be Red Dead, though, shouldn't they?

That's an awesome sig. I think the thread title (and sig) should be Red Dead, though, shouldn't they?

Thanks!

I saw some pictures of posters on Instagram. It said Red Dead Retribution and featured an Native American female. It could be a fake though...

Hmm... Some people on Reddit think it's a fake. I suppose the game will be for fall next year. Although they released their last 3-4 games during Summer...

Saw facebook posts. We have a confirmation. :yess:

Hmm... Some people on Reddit think it's a fake. I suppose the game will be for fall next year. Although they released their last 3-4 games during Summer...

Typically speaking Red Dead seems to have "R" related last names

Red Dead Revolver

Red Dead Redemption

As much I love John Marston and Red Harlow, a new dude would just as badass than say continuation of the latter in a prequel. Which from what I can tell from this:

Cu-LRSTW8AAszBG.jpg

The 5 dude if you look very closely is Bill Williamson. The Outback hat tells all. So maybe a prequel of the Dutch Gang. Who knows.

Yet as for NEW RDR.

We have :

Red Dead Revolution

Red Dead Retribution

Red Dead Reborn

Red Dead Resurgence (LOL)

Red Dead Revenge (My personal favorite)

I'm sure R* though will give another great tear jerking ending. RIP John.

Red Dead Rebellion was another name floating around.

How about Red Dead Resurrection? "John Marston is back from the dead, and he's got a score to settle. Saddle up as John sets out to find his son Jack, and hogtie him on the train tracks for being a whiny little b*tch. Rated PG13".

It can't really be a sequel.
Part of the narrative of Red Dead Redemption is that it was the end of the cowboy and the wild west.
It was set in 1911.
World War 1 started in 1914 and the wild west was well and truly over.

Personally I'd love to see a post Civil War game, maybe just staying away from the railroad construction so its not just Hell on Wheels :)

How bout some coonskin caps, tomahawks, and 10 second reloads buahaha

New character probably gonna be a chick this time round.

Red Dead Rebellion was another name floating around.

How about Red Dead Resurrection? "John Marston is back from the dead, and he's got a score to settle. Saddle up as John sets out to find his son Jack, and hogtie him on the train tracks for being a whiny little b*tch. Rated PG13".

HOW TO SPOT A NON RDR FAN

latest

CvDTzvUXEAAqQyD.jpg

Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017)

Will probably be a similar but improved version of the last one which suits me just fine.

Re: Read Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017)

Honestly, **** Justice League, **** Episode VIII, **** Spidey, Thor, and Guardians 2. This tops all of them. Never in my life do I think I've played a game that resonated with me quite as much as RDR, closest to it would probably be The Last of Us. I do love the Arkham games, but it's a different kind of enjoyment. Red Dead Redemption took a genre I hold dearly into a medium that has, typically, shied away from such, and made one of the definitive releases of all time. An engaging story, compelling characters, and an emotionally charged crescendo that made it the only game I've ever played to actually make me feel rattled. If this one can even come close, I'll be one happy camper.

I'm just dying to see the plot/settings. From the 7 characters at the forefront, I kind of wonder if we aren't getting multiple protagonists. There are just so many possibilities. You know what I thought would be ****ing cool? If one of your characters had befell some sort of tragedy and was out for revenge, but you also got to play as the man who did it to him. I'm not talking about as just some sort of novelty "play as The Joker" type deal, but make one of the antagonists an actual protagonist in that this is a person, rather than a cartoon villain, and they have their own hopes, their dreams; maybe eve some redeeming qualities, yet they're capable of doing horrible things in the name of self-interest, and you, the player, get to decide how it turns out.

I wonder what the timeframe will be? There's a lot of cool storytelling possibilities post-civil war, in the deconstructionist period. Depending on the setting (North, South, East, or West), that could be fascinating. The Civil War was incredibly personal, with brothers taking up arms against one and other, a neighbor or a friend killing you or one of your relatives, all because of a different set of ideals, and, one would assume, that personal connection doesn't just stop once the war isn't over. I'm sure there were a lot of unresolved grudges that would make for compelling storylines, and there would be something eerie about riding into a town that's still burying its dead, and trying to rebuild the burnt up, ashy husks of buildings that were destroyed.

I don't know. I'm excited, and my mind is in full-on brainstorm mode until Thursday. Is it Fall 2017, yet?:lol

Back