Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BIG shout out to IrishJedi for hooking me up with this piece. It is really amazing actually. Much better than the reviews had led me to expect. I had passed on this one initially, but was keeping my eye out for one, and it all finally worked out. Really love it.

A Indy.jpg

Last edited:
BIG shout out to IrishJedi for hooking me up with this piece. It is really amazing actually. Much better than the reviews had led me to expect. I had passed on this one initially, but was keeping my eye out for one, and it all finally worked out. Really love it.

View attachment 207445

I remember you were a bit on the fence when it came out! It is a really nice collectible, unfortunately, it never received much love on the boards or review time and suffered lack of interest due to this i believe. Anyway, glad you got one eventually, it is one of those statues that photos don't do it many favours, but in hand it's quite stunning!
Congrats

IrishJedi is a top man! Congrats on getting such an incredible piece!

Yes he is! We were both kind of stunned at the shipping cost on this, but after getting that refridgerator size box, it was well worth it. Honestly, it had to be pushing the limits of what they will deliver to me, it is ginormous!

I remember you were a bit on the fence when it came out! It is a really nice collectible, unfortunately, it never received much love on the boards or review time and suffered lack of interest due to this i believe. Anyway, glad you got one eventually, it is one of those statues that photos don't do it many favours, but in hand it's quite stunning!
Congrats

Thanks, and yes I was. I just re-lived this thread, and really, I think most people got this one wrong. It is a really, really nice piece. It is also HUGE! The footprint this takes up, just dominates my office. I have been looking at it for two straight days, I don't want to take it home. It has entered the pantheon of my top 5 favorite pieces in my collection. Now, it is not perfect. There is a paint error here or some small piece of poly that could have been sanded better there, but overall, the detail work is truly stunning. Very good Ford likeness, especially straight on, and the paint work is actually pretty good. Many details simply don't show up in photos, like you said. I am amazed at the veins/muscular detail on the horse, and much of the fine shading is really spot on. Indy's outfit is also top notch, and so are the little bits of mixed media. I really love this. Tremendous piece. Taken as a whole, it is a real winner, and quite a shame it never received the love it deserved. My co-workers keep making excuses to stop by my office to ogle it. Pretty good feeling to own something that attracts so much affection!

The odd thing about this piece is, I can't quite figure out why Sideshow made this project? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT! But it is truly an ambitious piece for a license that was/had winded down. I mean, just the logistics of manufacturing this/shipping had to be a PITA, and from looking at the detail work, and how long it was delayed, had to be an enormous headache for something not netting much profit.

i think its a great standalone piece to represent the character, IMO. I had hoped Sideshow would launch into a statue line, but this was probably their swan song for the statues/PFs.

Such a shame they couldn't throw us a LC PF to finish the sequence. It really is a head scratcher that they made this but I suppose it has that iconic aspect to it unlike a PF of a secondary character from any of the films. They likely would have given us a Mutt PF next anyway ;)

Such a shame they couldn't throw us a LC PF to finish the sequence. It really is a head scratcher that they made this but I suppose it has that iconic aspect to it unlike a PF of a secondary character from any of the films. They likely would have given us a Mutt PF next anyway ;)

Please tell us that your joking about the mutt pf..... PLEASE!!:yuck

They should still make a LC pf, even if it's only 400 pieces. I need an indy from each of the original adventures, hopefully we see one eventually!

Yes it would be nice to have all 4, why they skipped LC for the 4th film (whose name escapes me)... And yes joking on the Mutt, but not really. Switch out hand for knife and comb variants...

I've just managed to get this statue, been 50/50 on getting it for sometime now, managed to get it on the site which i get all my statues from - surprsingly the owner emailed me telling me he had 1 left in stock! I had to get it, just hope i am one of the lucky ones that doesnt have chips in the statue.

I will post pics when it arrives, (using a lawaway plan so it could be a couple of months yet)

I've just managed to get this statue, been 50/50 on getting it for sometime now, managed to get it on the site which i get all my statues from - surprsingly the owner emailed me telling me he had 1 left in stock! I had to get it, just hope i am one of the lucky ones that doesnt have chips in the statue.

I will post pics when it arrives, (using a lawaway plan so it could be a couple of months yet)

Congrats, assuming you get one without any real issues, it is mighty impressive! Two months later and it is still on my desk at work, I just can't bring myself to pack it up and take it home, even though that G I A N T box is just eating up space in my office. Love looking at it every day, has not lost any lustre for me!

Congrats, assuming you get one without any real issues, it is mighty impressive! Two months later and it is still on my desk at work, I just can't bring myself to pack it up and take it home, even though that G I A N T box is just eating up space in my office. Love looking at it every day, has not lost any lustre for me!

Mines been confirmed for delivery on Friday - will post pics when it arrives! i cant wait!

Because the scale does not appear accurate between the horse and the Indy statue. Indy looks 1/5 scale, the horse looks 1/6th scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back