1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Movie Deadpool (2016)???

Insane fan base is domestic only. Most people abroad haven't heard of this guy and certainly his brand of humor doesn't translate well in non-English speaking countries. Again it's still a possibility this gets released, the movie just has to do very well in the box office and pull a GotG. HT's track record with Fox's Marvel properties is also not promising, as others have pointed out.

This is an extremely outdated point of view, we aren't talking about Liefield Deadpool here. Deadpool is actually has a huge international fan base, but not necessarily because of the comic. Thanks to cartoon appearances, MvC3 and the Deadpool game the character has crazy recognition, to the point of annoyance. Check out the amount of Deadpool costumes show up at Japanese anime conventions for example.

This is an extremely outdated point of view, we aren't talking about Liefield Deadpool here. Deadpool is actually has a huge international fan base, but not necessarily because of the comic. Thanks to cartoon appearances, MvC3 and the Deadpool game the character has crazy recognition, to the point of annoyance. Check out the amount of Deadpool costumes show up at Japanese anime conventions for example.
:goodpost::exactly: "To the point of annoyance" just about sums it up. :lol

I don't think it has anything to do with the popularity of the character, it is whether Fox will give approval for merchandising. I have not doubt HT would make the figure if they get the approval, it would sell well. If getting the actors likeness was an issue then they could always just have a masked version, so that shouldn't really be an issue either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know, Deadpool is a pretty big name nowadays. Hell, my "comic" shop here in Larisa (a small town in Greece) sells only DP comics. A bit of Batman but that's it. Hell, there are DP Variants, DP guests appearances, DP miniseries, DP Maxi-series, etc, etc. I mean, one of the best selling minimate box-sets was a 4-pack of Deadpool dressed as other heroes. Plus, he's an internet icon as well. All in all, I wouldn't worry about his popularity.

I love how people are already expecting HT to make this a figure.
If he's not an Avenger or The Dark Knight or Star Wars he's not going to be made.
I'm glad the SCC version will be out. It's good enough for me.

As I said in the SS Deadpool figure thread, I think it's quite likely we will get a HT movie version. He is popular enough for it.

Cash waiting. Make it happen!

PS, they nailed the costume!

There is massive international appeal for this guy, even with an R rating, like other films (Kick Ass comes to mind) there is a huge marketing opportunity here that Fox will take advantage of. You just need to look at how both Fox and Sony are reshaping their superhero stocks, both are now using the 'Marvel' method to saturate the audience with their brands. I think DP will be treated like Wolverine and get the merchandise treatment, even with kids not allowed to see it. HT will get this licence and make the figure.

With all the positivity in this thread there could be a good chance of it happening, surely it makes sense to produce a popular figure that will make you big profits, and your customers happy!

With all the positivity in this thread there could be a good chance of it happening, surely it makes sense to produce a popular figure that will make you big profits, and your customers happy!

Two pages of wants is not exactly proof of huge sales. When a figure like MOS superman is a mid level mover there is not for sure sales with deadpool. I'd love them to try, but it's not a for sure thing by any stretch. With lower level characters (ie unproven) I think movie/ticket sales and reviews will play a large role in the success of this.

And remember, it's going to have to compete with Avengers toys, Justoce league, Cap3, GoTG2 ect...

trust me...if they make this figure,he will be the next HT Blade ($$$)

trust me...if they make this figure,he will be the next HT Blade ($$$)

Blade is blade becuase of smaller numbers and older release. There will no no "next" blade as a normal release.

Blade is blade becuase of smaller numbers and older release. There will no no "next" blade as a normal release.

So what makes you think Deadpool won't be made in the same kind of numbers? When Blade was released,he was no harder to get than any other HT(he WAS a normal release). Deadpool will dry up and go to same direction as Blade...

So what makes you think Deadpool won't be made in the same kind of numbers? When Blade was released,he was no harder to get than any other HT(he WAS a normal release). Deadpool will dry up and go to same direction as Blade...

What makes you think it will? The line is more more popular (hot toys as a whole). More well known. Secondary sellers buy just to scalp. The numbers of figures produced five years ago are less then now. No other figure has become blade. No reason to think any other will.

At this point there's no reason to be sure they will make this figure (license is owned by same studio that has xmen.)

What makes you think it will? The line is more more popular (hot toys as a whole). More well known. Secondary sellers buy just to scalp. The numbers of figures produced five years ago are less then now. No other figure has become blade. No reason to think any other will.

At this point there's no reason to be sure they will make this figure (license is owned by same studio that has xmen.)

because Deadpool is not as popular in your typical Marvel lineup of superheroes (just like Blade was)...he has a following,but no where near the likes of Spiderman,Cap etc....they will likely make less a production run of him,but be sold as normal till he dries up

Hot Toys (once their figures dry up) still go up in value (look at the first avengers movie figs)

Back