Hot Toys TDKR: 1/4th scale Batman [QS001] - Full Reveal & Specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not a fan of wired cape. They are very gimmicky And doesn't look right IMO. Or I just plain sucks at futzing em. :lol

Lol, yes, I can vouch its a pain to futz. :gah: lol.
I spent over two hours futzing with it, but the end results was worth it.

Either way, both of Tony's cape is excellent.
The non wired drapes really well.
I really am a big fan of his capes.

Last edited:
Just got the empty cowl and custom cape..

qrem.jpg

fb11.jpg

cbzw.jpg

ae6k.jpg

The figure is very stable and I've been able to pose mine without the aid of the stand on the HT base, I didn't include the metal beam or any of the masks either as I don't think the figure needs it.
Will post a pic when I've got some spare time later on.

I don't use a stand either. He was referring to the Enterbay base that I pictured him standing on.

Yeah that's what I thought, so why would Lance make a shiny cape. The one for my DX12 isn't shiny.

If it's velvet, it's shinny. The rayon ones are obviously matte.

The velvet that doesn't fray when you cut it is shinny by nature. It's a very, very deep black, but it glistens in the light.

I remembered reading that lforigno starts to dye his velvet cape a while back so it'll be darker and matte? Anybody can confirm this?

That's the rayon capes.

You're welcome.
Just a quick note also, I have both his wired and non wired...they are both excellent but the one I'm partial too is the
Wired cape which is what's on the picture I posted.
If memory serves me right...I'm not 100% sure on this, I think the wired cape is also darker.

The wired cape that I got from Tony (for the QS001) is the perfect texture and color. Deep black velvet with no shininess. But it is a very stiff material. No natural drape to it at all. That's fine for the wired cape, but does he use the same material for the non-wired Enterbay cape? The non wired cape for the QS001 is something else entirely. Even thinner than the lforigno rayon. It literally futzes itself.

But again, does Tony use the same stiff material as the wired cape for the non-wired Enterbay cape?

Last night I took mine apart to remove the stomach pad under the suit. Suttle difference. But I like it .

If people do one mod to this figure, it should be this. That pad on the stomach is absolutely idiotic.

I realize that. I was just pointing out the fact that buying just the enterbay base may not be an option so getting a decent pose on the HT base is entirely possible.

I'm getting sick of the HT base for mine. I'm thinking of making my own soon.

I'm using the EB stand, while the HT 1/4 stand is used by the DX12 :lol

Wow never even thought about trying that, so all you do is take out the 1/4 crotch holder and put in the 1/6th crotch holder into the 1/4 slot for the stand?

I'll post pics up in a bit.

Hmm ok with that stand you an achieve a lot of poses.

Back