Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
11863361724_792a2f07e5_c.jpg

I know Vader is on the tall side but shouldn't Boba be a lot taller than Luke?

As easily removed? Why is this? I missed that post.

My mistake - the problem is not so much the removal of the suit, apparently, but the switching across to a larger body:

I agree with all of Rubio's comments as well. Anyone planning on replacing the body might have a rough time seeing as how the suit is fairly tailored to fit this body. The forearms, for instance...

View attachment 87678

You'd likely have to cut the suit to fit an arm that's bigger than this one.

The bunching up at the crotch isn't really much of a problem, especially if you futz the inner robe a bit.

The dome turned out great, however there is still something about the eyes that bug me. Comparing it to my ESB Don Post helmet last night (which was supposedly pulled from the original molds) it looks like the face mask should be a bit more rounded around the eyes, not as oval... but this is me being extremely nitpicky.

- MJ

Ah. That's what I thought you might have meant. I'll be switching this suit out for the ANH version unless I find it looks better in hand.

Do you mean you'll be porting the ANH suit onto this Vader's body? Being a larger suit you don't think it'll bunch up a heap in places?

Do you mean you'll be porting the ANH suit onto this Vader's body? Being a larger suit you don't think it'll bunch up a heap in places?

Oh no doubt that it will. I'll just have to modify it a bit. It's the material itself that I think looks much better than this new suit. Plus, I don't think this body is that much shorter than their previous Vader anyway. There was a pic posted a ways back with both Vaders standing back to back. The difference was nominal.

Oh no doubt that it will. I'll just have to modify it a bit. It's the material itself that I think looks much better than this new suit. Plus, I don't think this body is that much shorter than their previous Vader anyway. There was a pic posted a ways back with both Vaders standing back to back. The difference was nominal.

I'm looking forward to your pics :) I'm also looking forward to seeing how much the mask sculpts and domes will be going for parted out and how they'll look on the ANH body - still wavering on buying a full set, especially as doing so will mean passing on the probe droid.

Fedex went to lightspeed to deliver my Vader all the way to France. Expected to land on monday, i got a surprise visit from the fedex guy a few minutes ago. Will make sure to post pics later today.

Is it really as big? Damn the thoughts of shortening another Vader is daunting.
:lol

Back