depression. ever had it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prolly the best advice. :lol

It's probably a mistake to equate being "anti-med" with going to see a professional. I am sure they can help with a lot of different strategies that don't involve medication.

Medication resolves nothing. Just opens a new door of problems. Behavioural therapy and meditation is the way to go. Also, exercise (get those endorphins kicking), and a good diet helps a ton.

Medication resolves nothing. Just opens a new door of problems. Behavioural therapy and meditation is the way to go. Also, exercise (get those endorphins kicking), and a good diet helps a ton.

You're obviously talking out of your ***. Don't make statements based on your own personal beliefs.

Go speak to a professional. Don't ask a bunch of nerds on a toy forum.

You're obviously talking out of your ***. Don't make statements based on your own personal beliefs.

Best posts in this thread. ^^^ (best sig too)

See a pro and determine if it's a temporary funk or if there is a serotonin imbalance. If there is, SSRI's may be what's needed. If so, than a person shouldn't be against them any more than a person with type 1 diabetes should be against insulin.

I could say the same about you. It's called an opinion, and talking to friends who work in the mental field, drugs are not always the best option. There are some people with mental conditions that should be on certain medications. Absolutely. And personally, it was exercise and a good diet that got me out of my funk.

I do agree though seeking aid from a professional within the field.

Last edited:
I have been in the past. The best solution for me was running and eating better. The running ,or just walking around for a few miles, really helped after a few days. It seems most everyone here has some very good advice, so I have no doubt you'll figure it out :)

Good luck!

I could say the same about you. It's called an opinion, and talking to friends who work in the mental field, drugs are not always the best option. There are some people with mental conditions that should be on certain medications. Absolutely. And personally, it was exercise and a good diet that got me out of my funk.

I do agree though seeking aid from a professional within the field.

Now you're contradicting yourself. You said, "Medication resolves nothing. Just opens a new door of problems." You made it sound like a fact rather than an opinion.

I also see you edited your post telling me to **** off. Nice.

So one of your quotes is absolute and the other says Medication resolves things on occasion. Which is your real opinion?

Not entirely what I said. I believe people who suffer bouts of depression and this is the opinion of people I talked to and it worked for me (of course this is not for everyone), but exercises (both mental and physical are sometimes better than drugs)... The thing that comes up is drugs often bring out new problems. I said for certain types of conditions, well, didn't want to go there, but people with bipolar and schizophrenia are types that need to be on drugs to level the chemical imbalances in their head. Having said that a person who is bipolar is often put on a drug, Olanzapine. Problem with that drug is it also slows down the serotonin levels to the brain, which causes weight gain. Even there, it introduces new problems. The bipolar/schizophrenic patient becomes depressed due to these issues. I am just saying based on what you may have, there is better solutions out there vs. drugs.

The one thing I absolutely agree with Batty is that the OP should seek counselling from someone who works in the mental health field.

Last edited:
Now you're contradicting yourself. You said, "Medication resolves nothing. Just opens a new door of problems." You made it sound like a fact rather than an opinion.

I also see you edited your post telling me to **** off. Nice.

I deleted it for a reason. But yes, I did tell you to eff off. Getting sick and tired of you being on my case. Perhaps I didn't explain my point as well as I should have.

There are people who believe the drugs work for them... Perhaps I was wrong to just say drugs are bad. I just know so many people in the mental health field today who are against them.

I guess I was going based on my circle and the conversations we have and the information that is out there. I also know a few people who are freaked out about taking drugs because of the side effects they get from it.

darkmatter, I hope things work out for you.

I'd get couple of professional opinions myself. Some in the psychiatric/counselling field can be a bit too inclined to frame all sorts of normal-spectrum behaviour within a clinical diagnosis, and subsequently prescribe medication where it is not really necessary.

I'd get couple of professional opinions myself. Some in the psychiatric/counselling field can be a bit too inclined to frame all sorts of normal-spectrum behaviour within a clinical diagnosis, and subsequently prescribe medication where it is not really necessary.

Always with the fancy schmancy dialogue. btw Your damn sig is making me antsy for the new season. I don't want to rush it here. I like my Summer far too much to rush it... Oh darn you for starting so late into the Summer Breaking Bad. hehe

Last edited:
many thanks to all who replied. all your suggestions were good ones. i appreciate it.

Always with the fancy schmancy dialogue. btw Your damn sig is making me antsy for the new season. I don't want to rush it here. I like my Summer far too much to rush it... Oh darn you for stating so late into the Summer Breaking Bad. hehe

:lol

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Then get off yer *** and do something.

Drink. :lecture
I have. And I've done things. Doesn't still take away from the fact that during a certain part of every day, something makes me feel that way.

It's just something I have to deal with on a day to day basis.

Back