Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe I'm going to miss out on this because they chose not to look at some ____ing reference pics and sculpt it just a LITTLE bit more accurately... I wish I knew how to sculpt/paint.

They had reference pics up on the computer in the production pic too.

I think you should buy this one. Give it a shot!:lecture

Pose doesn't look "moronic"
It does :monkey3

that's the last thing you're even looking at in the video.
Most of things I needed to know about this figure I found on HR pics.

Tho on this vid you can see five dots under the mask's jaw and this is awesome :lol

From this vid
dotz_mask.jpg

Movie screenshot
34d976c9.jpg

you should buy this one. Give it a shot!:lecture

Give a shot to Tsang. Fatal shot. I beg ya :monkey3

They had reference pics up on the computer in the production pic too.

I don't understand why they use reference photos if he's just going to interpret it his own way...it leads you to believe that he's actually trying to use the reference photos and just out right blows at sculpting Predators.

I don't understand why they use reference photos if he's just going to interpret it his own way...it leads you to believe that he's actually trying to use the reference photos and just out right blows at sculpting Predators.

I'd say, give it a shot, and if you decide you really don't want it when you have it in person, than sell it. You might like it if you see it in person. If you have a friend who will buy it it would be even easier. It looks like you want it but are struggling to get it or not due to the possibility of being disapointed in person as well. Just buy the damn thing! :lecture :)

I Ordered right away you get so much with this one. I been trying to stay away but this one's a must for me ...I might have to pick up 1st predator now sometime later or a 2nd one of this guy ..VERY Cool figure......

I dont own the original but am on the fence about it seeing as we will see this in 1/4 scale.

Hot Toys didn't say that. The only 1/4 figures we know we're getting are P1 and Dutch. At this point, I'm planning for 1/6 remakes of everything else (except for Berserker, since he's pretty recent).

After seeing the Toy Hunters video I'm definitely getting this now, I'm actually worried that the Classic will look a piece of ____ next to him though :lol

Hot Toys didn't say that. The only 1/4 figures we know we're getting are P1 and Dutch. At this point, I'm planning for 1/6 remakes of everything else (except for Berserker, since he's pretty recent).

I'm still rooting for the AVP Preds, Wolf and P2 Elder to be remade in 1/6. All five will probs work out at the same price as two 1/4's.

You will get it. stop trying to talk yourself out of it!

What they said. Seriously Lar'ja, just buy it and sell it if they come out with a superior version. I'm crazier about Predator and Alien than any other franchises, and I too notice the inaccuracies (especially since this is also my favorite Predator from the original movies), but I'm not denying myself an overall rockin' figure because of a few issues. Take a chance and enjoy it for what it is since it still has quite a few pros -- way more than the original. If something comes up down the road, you'll at least know you'll be able to sell it.

Tho on this vid you can see five dots under the mask's jaw and this is awesome :lol

From this vid
dotz_mask.jpg

Movie screenshot
34d976c9.jpg

I noticed that too! Pretty cool that they added that in. I especially like the picture they're displaying with it (showing off the LED function). Looks like a movie still, albeit with rough-textured armor, but I still love it.

I'm still rooting for the AVP Preds, Wolf and P2 Elder to be remade in 1/6. All five will probs work out at the same price as two 1/4's.

Definitely with you on that. I think Tsang's weird mandible-sculpting tendencies will work perfectly on Wolf. He's got a habit of making them thick and strong-looking, which is what Wolf actually needs. The first one's face looked like a raisin with stringy tendrils coming out of it.

What they said. Seriously Lar'ja, just buy it and sell it if they come out with a superior version. I'm crazier about Predator and Alien than any other franchises, and I too notice the inaccuracies (especially since this is also my favorite Predator from the original movies), but I'm not denying myself an overall rockin' figure because of a few issues. Take a chance and enjoy it for what it is since it still has quite a few pros -- way more than the original. If something comes up down the road, you'll at least know you'll be able to sell it.
:lecture Classic is so much better then expected when you have him in hand. P2 will too no doubt. Plus it's P2, this is my first chance to own him in figure form.:yess:

Definitely with you on that. I think Tsang's weird mandible-sculpting tendencies will work perfectly on Wolf. He's got a habit of making them thick and strong-looking, which is what Wolf actually needs. The first one's face looked like a raisin with stringy tendrils coming out of it.

And Wolf's closed mandibles look like how the current closed HT's mandibles look. OMG, Wolf would look so awesome!:yess:

:goodpost:

Thats well said. I am too leaning towards a pre order! :yess:

After seeing the Toy Hunters video I'm definitely getting this now, I'm actually worried that the Classic will look a piece of ____ next to him though :lol

I lul'd at this, poor classic outshone by the city hunter.

I didn't expect quills on the 1/6 remakes to begin with. The 1/4 P1, on the other hand... maybe. They'd have to be made of the same rubber as the dreads, so as not to break off with the biohelmet on.

Back