1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great Indy.

There's still some good detail in that Daniel Craig sculpt I linked to. It's difficult to tell without close-up pics just what detail is there.

Perhaps WGP is taking extra time to refine the printing process.....

Swedishheat... the whip bodies are a fine braided coated cotton cord.. the handles have brass tubing inserted to give the grip rigidity (as do actual whips).. the turk's head is sculpted from a two part epoxy compound.. then the fall and cracker are just craft materials picked up at the local Hobby Lobby..

I have never understood the love for that shruken PF head. Ignoring the fact that it's a recast (which is frowned on in most cases, but somehow seems to be ok when it's something everyone wants)it doesn't look that much like HF. The eyes are off and the mouth just looks ridiculous. I want an Indy portrait that shows the resolve and determination of the character, not one that looks like he spend 4 hours in a dentist chair. People like what they like which fine. I'm not holding out much hope for these digital sculpts. None have looked any better than what is already available from traditional sculptors

And I thought I was tough to please!

Yes it's a recast, but it also went through a pretty intensive shrinking process to make it something unique in it's own right. And the trademark smirk captures the essence of Indy perfectly if you ask me, more so than a serious expression. You may think he looks ridiculous, and that's your prerogative, but I think Trevor captured it perfectly.

[ame]https://youtu.be/p5ViX7QyaQQ[/ame]

Carbo.. I was actually able to snag just a few a while back... so yes.. if you are in need of one, just hit me up with a PM

Current Indy pose...
3f10ed25.jpg

I have never understood the love for that shruken PF head. Ignoring the fact that it's a recast (which is frowned on in most cases, but somehow seems to be ok when it's something everyone wants)it doesn't look that much like HF. The eyes are off and the mouth just looks ridiculous. I want an Indy portrait that shows the resolve and determination of the character, not one that looks like he spend 4 hours in a dentist chair. People like what they like which fine. I'm not holding out much hope for these digital sculpts. None have looked any better than what is already available from traditional sculptors

I disagree, despite being a few years old no one has come close to touching Trevor Groves Harrison Ford in terms of likeness. IMO the PF is by far the best likeness that captures the character. (Yes the WGP are promising but will remain only promising until we have them in hand) the Harrison Ford sarcasm is ever present in this and my other favorite Ford Grove sculpt which is also smiling, the Stormtrooper Han Solo which was painted by Josh Small for me.

I don't see it as a problem it's recasted. Sorry I don't. I own the premium format as well as the sideshow 1/6 Indy heads. I paid full price for the PF and I still own it and always will own it. the way I look at it is I have a right to anything that can be done with it. weather its using it to imprint a smaller version of it, putting his hat on a necklace or squashing it and turning it into powder. The fact that it was handled by someone else is a moot point in my eyes, if i could have done it for myself I would have. The piece was sold at a price that pretty much just covered material costing. no one was laughing their way to the bank. It did not end up all over ebay.

Plus I reworked the hell out of it on my own as I did for Marf and Shortround. It;s no different than any other custom effort.

A company like headplay blatantly recasting and selling the Blitzway Scarface as their own as a mass production. That's recasting.

Trevors 1/4 PF may well be the best likeness.
The shrunken version ..................looks like Tim Blake Nelson

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=i...l0l11968l16l16l0l6l6l0l128l829l8j2l10l0.llsin.

You're joking, right? You've got to be :lol

I see more of this Guy to be honest . Matthew Davis from the Vampire Diaries.

It's a young Indy! That guy could pass for HF.

Wow, never seen that guy before...he does bear a striking resemblance to young Harrison!

Also, for those arguing that the 1/4 sculpt is superior in likeness to the 1/6 version, you might find this amusing. I shared my pictures with Trevor Grove, and he had this to say. :lol

Trevolver said:
The head looks better shrunk down, and looking forward. :D Is that the Crystal Skull hat?

While the shrunken PF has its share of problems (drooling lip, got a bit chubby in the shrinking process) these two paint-ups to me go a long way to solving the problems.

I just really like the "personality" in the head, something that is somewhat lacking in both the SSC and HT heads, and that makes up for a slight likeness shortfall. Trevor Grove states he has difficulty getting personality into his heads, but he achieved it with the PF head.

Raymond, Marfmaster and Shortround's bashes are pretty much gold standard to my eye, along with Rorywan and bbl's versions using the HT head. These are figs I come back to as reference over and over.

I agree with you 100%, I would use a Lonnie Hall Fedora on that head and that would make it look cooler I think. Otherwise, those are great customs IMO ! Great job guys.:clap

Here's a quick update on mine, impressive customs guys, glad to see this thread is still around
IMG_2893.jpg

...and if Cavlcade's Indy didn't spend so much time with those pirates in the Blue Oyster bar, he'd make the list.:wink1: (Arab disguise pic still gets the gold.)

Ha! I forgot about that guy and his homophobic comments. I guess I have the most 'metrosexual' Indy custom on the boards! :lol

Back