Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No offense to those getting this one, but I am glad I cancelled. The 1989 looks a lot better in style and look and this one does not look like much of an approvement of the 1st one.

89 is a better figure. But Begins is IMO the better suit.

HT's Begins figure still has a fair amount of room for improvement, even apart from the finish of the suit.

No offense to those getting this one, but I am glad I cancelled. The 1989 looks a lot better in style and look and this one does not look like much of an approvement of the 1st one.

To be fair, the 1989 doesn't have anything to compare it to like this one has. I recommend both if a person has the means. But, if I had to chose, I'd probably go with 89 Bats too.

89 is a better figure. But Begins is IMO the better suit.

HT's Begins figure still has a fair amount of room for improvement, even apart from the finish of the suit.

We knew they were reusing the old body though. The finish, like it or not, is the change there. I don't know, for my taste, the more I look at it the more I like the new finish. But, I don't have a BB figure yet, so it's a win for me no matter what.

How do you take off the body suit without ripping it? Not that I could afford to upgrade it but just curious.

How do you take off the body suit without ripping it? Not that I could afford to upgrade it but just curious.

Why bother? The body is the same as the OC version. If you want that finish, buy an OC version and pick up TF extras. I don't think you can remove the suit on these at all without wrecking the figure.

Thanks for the Review!

No mention of the cape in the review though unless I missed it. :huh

Isn't it different (material), besides the clip thing?

Also, I've seen some video reviews where it seems this figure is MORE articulated than the OC. I had the OC and the arms basically couldn't be raised above shoulder level, then in some vid reviews some said and showed the arms raised much higher.

Too matt and it's actually painted for some unknown reason, hence potential for paint to crack/chip/etc

The original is more shiny (though some people have originals which are also matt), and the suit is not painted at all

The best part is the Bale head. Still a remarkable sculpt.

pose12-2.jpg

If this was one of the pictures shown from the very beginning, this would have been an easy pass for me.

i do have to say the New Exclusive is technically more "screen accurate" because it looks more like foam latex which is what the screen used suits were made out of. Thats one reason i "do" like it. Yes the shinier OC version looks more slick especially when photographed next to the new exclusive, but i like the fact they went with more of a foam latex look. Just going to have to handle these more carefully as it will get dirtier quicker. For some who are willing, you can try to put armorall over the new suit to make it more shiny. Its a technique that you can do to the foam latex suits that will make them more shiny. But without having seen this in-hand, you want to make sure armorall wont damage it either.

While I don't doubt your knowledge of the Begins suit for one second, to my eyes, the original version looks closer to the film look:

comp1.jpg

Batman-Begins-batman-555782_1024_768.jpg

So glad I didn't buy this. Methinks the production of this figure was rushed.

Again, no disrespect to the fans of this piece, but I can't help but agree. It looks rushed, which it shouldn't since it looks based off the same body as the 2008 one. If anything, HT's was 80% there already and could have taken time making it extra special.

I would say the head sculpts are better on the 2011 version. Other than 2011's fat arms, it looks the same to me.

Matte has a slight sheen to it like the 2008 above. For the life of me, the 2011 look like it was painted with charcoal.

Matte means non shiny. It absorbs light rather than reflects. Matte does not have a slight shine. Pearl or semi matte does.

Back