NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: New PREDATOR movie figures announced

To quote the article:

"The figures will focus on the Predators and their many unique looks as seen in the three films. No human characters are immediately planned, though they are a possibility in the future."

Hmmm. Here's hoping that means some Lost Hunters...

oh no !!!
please make some sweet 1/6 Preds!!!!
and some jungle display bases to come with.

and thank god I didn't get a HT P1 ,haha!

"No human characters are immediately planned, though they are a possibility in the future."

PLEASE make it so as HT dropped the ball on P1/P2 human figs.

"No human characters are immediately planned, though they are a possibility in the future."

PLEASE make it so as HT dropped the ball on P1/P2 human figs.

How so Dutch was awesome?

The never did a Harrigan though which does such.

I mean they dropped the ball in that they could have done so much more than just a great Dutch and an ok Billy. What about the rest?

I mean they dropped the ball in that they could have done so much more than just a great Dutch and an ok Billy. What about the rest?

HT, and likely NECA, didn't flesh out the rest because they don't have likeness rights under the Predator license and would have to pursue each person's individual rights. I can't figure why they made Billy at all with no likeness, other than maybe feeling the P1 line had to have at least 3 figures to feel right to collectors, like the ALIEN line. HT acknowledged the demand for top quality, accurrate, realistic figures in a recent article, which means they realize that collectors aren't content to buy figures anymore with the likeness games of ALIENS era. I'd say, the deemed Dutch the only one worth all the extra cost and effort to get a likeness right for and Billy the best and easiest figure to roll out without a likeness but still have some value and the rest of the team not worth making at all.

If NECA puts out the humans, I'd say it'd very likely be without likenesses too, they might be able to get away with it on $15 figures, but for those thinking NECA will be the answer to having an awesome set of Dutch's team in their collection, if likenesses are a key factor in that, you'll probably be dissappointed. I'm not sure they'd even do the full team anyway, NECA's really big on recycling parts over mutliple figures, like the AVPR Wolf figure or the T2 figures, Dutch's team can't really share parts because of their different sizes and costumes. My guess is, if they do humans, maybe a couple Dutch figures to share molds.

Sweet! I would love to buy more predators from NECA. Please make a "King Willy"

Who cares if they're only 7", we're getting 4+ new inexpensive predator figures this year.

Not to mention hot toys will probably produce figures based on the new movie.

Awesome news!
NECA does us proud!

Now I can start dreaming about them getting the license for the Alien prequel as well. If that ever goes into production...

I hope to see new Alien figures too...like a NECA Dog Alien or Queen.

well, i guess we can look forward to 5 different releases of the same damn sculpt.
and, neca, just sculpt 2 heads so there won't be a big ugly seam on the unmasked face.
also, make ALL of the P2 Lost preds. HT gave up and broke my heart.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE 1:6 VERSIONS!

Would love a Dutch in 7" or 12". Would be epic.

You won't see any of the human figures.

There really is no market for them and they don't have likeness rights.

At the least they should make Dutch in his 3 main guises - full combat gear, poster gear and muddy Dutch. Its an Arnie figure - a guaranteed seller. They've made Conan and T-800 so why not? I'd love the entire team and it annoys me how unlikely that is due to the likenesses issue and the unwillingness to make so many unique sculpts. But OK. Arnold Schwarzennegger at least though. People will buy him endlessly.

*yaaaawn* like arnold doesn't have a bajillion figures by now. i'm ready for a p2 busey figure.

I am most anxious for just P1 and P2 Preds, the lost designs are meh to me unless its the Elder/grey back.

*yaaaawn* like arnold doesn't have a bajillion figures by now. i'm ready for a p2 busey figure.

That would be cool but I kinda hated his character in the film.

Back