EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the policy of QMx and Exo-6 regarding rooted hair on 1:6 head sculpts, but that fine face of Chekov`s made my Sean Dabbs, why is it so superior to what we have seen with QMx (Nanjin)?
I didnt do QMx Chekov. I only supply them with the body and uniform.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

Also I believe I saw Sean announce on his page he is working with EXO.

That old Chekov sculpt shown by QMx was terrible. Sean's smirk sculpt was great.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

More official info will be released in the coming week. Pay close attention on our site if you are a Data fan and or TNG era Trek fans.

More official info will be released in the coming week. Pay close attention on our site if you are a Data fan and or TNG era Trek fans.

I feel like a kid who can't sleep on Christmas Eve! :clap

This sparks my daydreaming hopes that we eventually get 1st-season TNG bridge crew; green wraparound tunic TOS Kirk and even a TOS Commodore Matt Decker.

tenor.gif

Super7 have something TNG getting announced this week too.

Will do! I saw on Instagram that Data has given his approval on the figure. That’s great! Cannot wait for this one and to see what’s next. Really curious on when we might actually have him in hand.

$20-$55 dollars for a professional paint job....maybe if it was 2010 [emoji38]
3 grades and 3 price levels. Nothing in between. Only good or no good each level.

Under $150
1) Unlookable
2) Production

Over $150
3) Custom Paint

Custom Paint quality coincide with the price level. Haven't seen anything under $150...and 6 months+ wait.

No kidding?

I see plenty of excellent painted head sculpts on the web ranging between 20 and 55 USD.

If you are talking about the generic Ebay sculpts, most of them lack the wow factor you get from a "fresh out of the box" full figure, like we get from Hot Toys, or Dam Toys, etc(Or the QMX paintjobs which i was always very satisfied with).
If you are talking about something not available on Ebay for the prices you quote, i'd love to see examples so we can have a look.

Also(question aimed at Nanjin):

I have three of the QMX Picard figure, and they all suffer from the stained neck issue.
Was there ever a fix that removed the dye? I went extreme on one and dremelled off the neck and put it on a necked body, but if i can fix the other two without doing the same, it would be handy to know the method if it exists.

Username, there is a great fix: time!

Remove the head and leave it like that for (quite a lot) of time (up to a year). The material will absorb the die. Worked on several heads I have.

I don't think that will work here. I have had the heads off and wrapped in absorbent material for more than a year. I've had them in my head stash box since early 2019.
I am beginning to think the only way is to dremel off the neck on the other two and just replace the bodies.

So it's obvious everyone else is talking about something else.

If you are talking about the generic Ebay sculpts,

I have that Kolo guy blocked, so only when he gets quoted do i see the drivel, but this is exactly what he's talking about. Knock-off sculpts made in a random factory where the highest paid person is making pennies on the dollar. Nanjin was being generous with his figure for custom paint, as most people I know of charge at least US$200 and wait times are well over 6 months for them to even start. Just wait until someone mentions that sculpts start at $2000 and he'll tell you, no, they're $50.

Last edited:
So it's obvious everyone else is talking about something else.

I have that guy blocked, so only when he gets quoted do i see the drivel, but this is exactly what he's talking about. Knock-off sculpts made in a random factory where the highest paid person is making pennies on the dollar. Nanjin was being generous with his figure for custom paint, as most people I know of charge at least US$200 and wait times are well over 6 months for them to even start. Just wait until someone mentions that sculpts start at $2000 and he'll tell you, no, they're $50.

For a second, i read that as though you had me blocked, lol.
Yeah. I figured as much.
I also assumed that when Nanjin said the cost of painting a head being half the cost of the figure, he meant the original costs, before we factor in exporter charges, tax, reseller costs, etc, but i suppose it *could* mean that in any $200 figure, the head cost $100. For my part, i would never query these costs as the final product is way cheaper than we could ever make ourselves for that price.

Also(question aimed at Nanjin):

I have three of the QMX Picard figure, and they all suffer from the stained neck issue.
Was there ever a fix that removed the dye? I went extreme on one and dremelled off the neck and put it on a necked body, but if i can fix the other two without doing the same, it would be handy to know the method if it exists.

My Picard is in the same boat as yours. Would love for an easy way to get the stain off.

For a second, i read that as though you had me blocked, lol.
Yeah. I figured as much.
I also assumed that when Nanjin said the cost of painting a head being half the cost of the figure, he meant the original costs, before we factor in exporter charges, tax, reseller costs, etc, but i suppose it *could* mean that in any $200 figure, the head cost $100. For my part, i would never query these costs as the final product is way cheaper than we could ever make ourselves for that price.

I was thinking along the same lines as you. I would be curious to know some of the inner workings on cost and markup but I would be shocked if that is something any company would ever want to share on a message board.

You can have the Picard head repainted, the problem is that the tunic still bleeds and I tried everything to stop mine from further bleeding. So unless you invest in a new tunic, you've still got the same problem.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Back