Hot Toys - TMS032 - The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale Dark Trooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered day one. Sorry to the haters but i grew up playing the original DOS Dark Forces which had the ORIGINAL Dark Troopers in that game. When these appeared on the show i nearly bust a nut. Great design and very intimidating. The fight between Din and the single Dark Trooper was not spoken of much and is very well done. This will be a tall and intimidating figure in my collection that will command attention.......PLUS my four year old son who is obsessed with the Mandalorian marches around the house humming the Dark Trooper theme song all day long. I don't think he would forgive me unless i pre-ordered this.....I already promised him that if Dark Trooper 6" black series come out any time soon i will get him two! =)

THANK YOU pjam for the heads-up. I just popped over to BBTS and to my shock, they must've added more. Secured a PO.
Really appreciate that, bud!

My pleasure. Hoping to see a Hot Toys Hoth Luke jb snow shot one of these days.

Interesting about the eyes. If they come out looking like this for the final product when the lights aren?t turned on I?ll be pretty happy. Paint does look a bit rough here tho

It looks cheap to me... Glad I did not preorder. I'll wait until the first bach releases to make up my mind on these.

The dark grey looks terrible. Hopefully they go black with final. And the eyes won't look like that when turned off. The 4 lights on his chest are black, so the eyes must have some red cardboard lens placed their for display only.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of changes on this for production. Looking forward to the improvements.

I am afraid this figure will look like a black shadow on display if those eyes don't have some red tint when not turned on.

Man this thing looks rough on display at Secret Base. Looks so damn cheap. It really reminds me of those Gundam Gunpla model kits that you snip and snap together yourselves.

There's no special paint job happening here. Just plastic with your very basic 1 plain color painted on. No weathering, nada. Not really Hot Toys fault in that regards since that's how they look but it just doesn't look that great as a figure that they're charging $250+ for.

Gonna wait until this releases before ordering. Hopefully it looks better in-person or on the production piece.

141275115_3821126257950847_4268440818753934357_o.jpg

141610686_3821126411284165_1360744864847714254_o.jpg

141635288_3821126584617481_913786149870303350_o.jpg

Geez that proto looks like a bad 3d print slathered with paint. The final version has to be better. Of course after that Marvel crowd ruined Hot Toys making changes after the prototype maybe what we see is what we get.

It’s almost as if it was a prototype quickly put together and won’t be a finished product for 18 months.

While these do look cool, they are not something I need. Although they did help make one of the most memorable SW sequences seen onscreen..:yess:

I like the throwback to the old video games, but the Dark Trooper being a pure droid makes little sense to me. Why would the Empire want to go backwards as all the droids in the PT were just a threat due to the sheer numbers of them and how easily and rapidly they could be cranked out. I'd imagine that is why Palps only had actual humanoids as Troopers in the Empire. Not even some Super Battle Droids or Destroyer Droids floating around.

It would've been cooler if The Dark Troopers were part organic. I believe that's how the final versions of them in Legends was along with being force sensitive or something. Like General Grievous. An organic mind embedded in a near indestructible droid body. And that would've played more on the bodies we saw in the tubes rather than all the ST lovers jumping on their Snoke theories..:monkey4

As always, happy for those picking this up. They will look cool flanking the Gideon figure. Look forward to seeing many cool pictures in 2 years time...:lol

It's pretty laughable to compare OT stormies from just 5 years earlier (who can be taken down with just an ewok arrow yet apparently can't shoot them) to these almost indestructible, mega-strong, flying, machine gunning robobeasts. Certainly seems like the end of the Empire was the best thing that ever happened to the Empire.:lol

The dark grey looks terrible. Hopefully they go black with final. And the eyes won't look like that when turned off. The 4 lights on his chest are black, so the eyes must have some red cardboard lens placed their for display only.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of changes on this for production. Looking forward to the improvements.

I am afraid this figure will look like a black shadow on display if those eyes don't have some red tint when not turned on.

Yeah, that looks terrible. The product description on HT's site indicates "specially applied black armor painting" and the detailed specs say "glossy black armor painting", so I think HT will get it correct for the release. But man, I don't know how that thing got approved for display. :slap

It's pretty laughable to compare OT stormies from just 5 years earlier (who can be taken down with just an ewok arrow yet apparently can't shoot them) to these almost indestructible, mega-strong, flying, machine gunning robobeasts. Certainly seems like the end of the Empire was the best thing that ever happened to the Empire.:lol

Yes, it's as if Moff Gideon has been the Red Skull of the Empire, secretly developing his own high-tech weapons and troopers as an oblivious Palpatine fixated on Luke. :lol

Have you not heard? They have insane aim apparently according to some people on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/P2TA9coGLzM

Yeah, that looks terrible. The product description on HT's site indicates "specially applied black armor painting" and the detailed specs say "glossy black armor painting", so I think HT will get it correct for the release. But man, I don't know how that thing got approved for display. :slap

Remember that Snowspeeder Luke proto that Sideshow had :lol

I'm confident this will look sharp in a couple years when they start shipping it.

Secret Base proto really looks terrible. There is dust on the figure and microscratches on the right shoulder armor. The eyes were dark in one photo. Maybe they lit the eyes during video recording.

And it's a shame HT did not give articulated fingers as in IM figures.

The eye lenses appear to be painted red when unlit according to vids posted by justin and mrc.

For me and others, anyone with a death trooper prolly feels pretty comfortable that the final product will be a lot closer to prod pics.

Also super harsh lighting at sb.

Geez that proto looks like a bad 3d print slathered with paint. The final version has to be better. Of course after that Marvel crowd ruined Hot Toys making changes after the prototype maybe what we see is what we get.

Secret Base proto really looks terrible. There is dust on the figure and microscratches on the right shoulder armor. The eyes were dark in one photo. Maybe they lit the eyes during video recording.

And it's a shame HT did not give articulated fingers as in IM figures.

I'm no Hot Toys apologist, but geez you guys are a hard crowd to please. I'm also surprised at how many of you are not new to this scene.

Sure it didn't look so sharp, but it's exactly like Spaceghost (with 10 comments here) said. They clearly have put this together quickly, and have 18 months to improve it. Plus its being recorded here at mega close range under harsh lights.

Try videoing your Vader helmet under similar conditions.

Paint apps surely will be improved for production. Don't stress it.

I actually just wanted to say how good the inner leg, waist and shoulder joints looked. Some good detail in there.

Back