Premium Format Han Solo Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I still love this Premium Format. This might very well be the last full mixed media PF that Sideshow does. If their Ahsoka isn't mixed media (a cape doesn't count) then I think they're moved away from it for good.

You have an awesome collection of PF's. Are'nt there a few that are mostly polystone /resin? My HiC is all polystone, but it has the lights!

You have an awesome collection of PF's. Are'nt there a few that are mostly polystone /resin? My HiC is all polystone, but it has the lights!

I'm looking at my 1/4 scale statues now and there are a few that have mixed media clothing (other than a cape):

Chewie - Bandolier is sculpted but bag is cloth
Rogue One Death Trooper - No cloth undersuit, just a pleather pauldron
Droids - To be fair, they did make R2 out of plastic :)
Slave Leia - Skirt is the only part that is cloth, rest of bikini is sculpted
Grievous - I think there might be some metal mixed with the Polystone but hard to tell without messing with it. It's top shelf and I'm NOT touching it :)

I've also sold several over the years (like Han Carb) so might be missing a few. I like the mixed media clothes and wish Cara Dune had them. It would've pushed me over the edge to purchase, I think.

I'm looking at my 1/4 scale statues now and there are a few that have mixed media clothing (other than a cape):

Chewie - Bandolier is sculpted but bag is cloth
Rogue One Death Trooper - No cloth undersuit, just a pleather pauldron
Droids - To be fair, they did make R2 out of plastic :)
Slave Leia - Skirt is the only part that is cloth, rest of bikini is sculpted
Grievous - I think there might be some metal mixed with the Polystone but hard to tell without messing with it. It's top shelf and I'm NOT touching it :)

I've also sold several over the years (like Han Carb) so might be missing a few. I like the mixed media clothes and wish Cara Dune had them. It would've pushed me over the edge to purchase, I think.

Yep, i'd be afraid to even dust the General. He appears to be very fragile! I would think they sculpted Dunes clothes because they are quite a form fitting outfit, fabric might be a bit puffy looking.
Its a nice PF though and i'm glad it got made!
Also, what made you sell your HiC PF? If its ok to ask?

Yep, i'd be afraid to even dust the General. He appears to be very fragile! I would think they sculpted Dunes clothes because they are quite a form fitting outfit, fabric might be a bit puffy looking.
Its a nice PF though and i'm glad it got made!
Also, what made you sell your HiC PF? If its ok to ask?

Totally ok to ask. I've got a fixed amount of space and am constantly evaluating / upgrading my collection. I had the 1/6 scale HIC and then I built a life size and felt I could do without the PF. I always loved the piece but decided it was time to let it go.

This looks AWESOME! I have been considering going back and buying the Star Wars Hot Toys Han/Chewie on the secondary market but I?m thinking it makes more sense to save for this!

So.. this happened and arrived just in time for May 4th coincidentally. Decided to throw in on an ebay auction at the last moment and won. $339 US, sealed. Regular version of course but for that price and considering what the ex offered I'm more than happy with my purchase. Biggest gripe was that he's been in that box for so long he needs a steamer put to his jacket to straighten it out a bit.

20220504_220254.jpg

So.. this happened and arrived just in time for May 4th coincidentally. Decided to throw in on an ebay auction at the last moment and won. $339 US, sealed. Regular version of course but for that price and considering what the ex offered I'm more than happy with my purchase. Biggest gripe was that he's been in that box for so long he needs a steamer put to his jacket to straighten it out a bit.

View attachment 575660

Congratulations! Not a fan of it but for that price and considering that the EX is hot garbage I'd jump on it as well.

The OT needs a revisit with the premium formats again. Premium Formats for the Disney+ shows are fine, but I’d love to see a new Han Solo PF from ANH, or a new Luke PF from ANH or ROTJ. The original trilogy is too iconic to ignore

Disney wants us all to forget the OT and move forward with all the exciting new content they're bringing us for the Star Wars universe. As insurance they won't hear us clamoring for more content associated with Lucas era classic characters like Han and Luke they killed them, right in front of our eyes. I'm sure that plan included distribution of rights to those characters living on in all other forms like merchandise as well.

Disney wants us all to forget the OT and move forward with all the exciting new content they're bringing us for the Star Wars universe. As insurance they won't hear us clamoring for more content associated with Lucas era classic characters like Han and Luke they killed them, right in front of our eyes. I'm sure that plan included distribution of rights to those characters living on in all other forms like merchandise as well.
It’s just baffling that we don’t have at least one new PF from the OT to please fans of that era once in a while. I appreciated the PFs of the classic characters a few years back but we need to see some updates from ANH for example or ROTJ. How in the world do we not have a new Jedi knight Luke from ROTJ as a PF right now? That’s such a money maker and it’s so obvious to make, for example

Would definitely love a 2.0 ANH Han Solo PF, ROTJ Luke and even another Alec Guinness Ben as the last one wasn't that great IMO. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd also like some PT movie characters like Mace Windu, as well as an updated EP3 Anakin PF with an EP3 Obiwan to go with it this time. However, with the show going on, we'll probably only ever get that version of a Ewan Kenobi unfortunately.

Last edited:
Would definitely love a 2.0 ANH Han Solo PF, ROTJ Luke and even another Alec Guinness Ben as the last one wasn't that great IMO. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd also like some PT movie characters like Mace Window, as well as an updated EP3 Anakin PF with an EP3 Obiwan to go with it this time. However, with the show going on, we'll probably only ever get that version of a Ewan Kenobi unfortunately.
100%. I get a bit nostalgic looking back at 2000s Sideshow and seeing how many pieces that were made, but I guess with all the new content, sideshow is shifting their focus onto there. I’m crossing my fingers that we can get some OT PFs for the near future. The Original Trilogy is so iconic and engrained into pop culture, we should see some statues from them more often

I was never in the market for this statue since the head sculpt always annoyed me, but I got a chance of buying a custom painted version which I thought looked pretty good. Very happy with it over all and the pose and the outfit are of course fantastic. Once again thank you to the fellow collector that sold it to me.

Attachments

• 20221003_210646.jpg
    20221003_210646.jpg
    742.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221003_210632.jpg
    20221003_210632.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221003_210619.jpg
    20221003_210619.jpg
    733.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221003_210610.jpg
    20221003_210610.jpg