Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still cannot understand how anyone can say the Hot Toys looks better than the Sideshow. Heck, there were some saying the Sideshow looks NOTHING like Grogu. What now?

I could see the argument for the Hot Toys being the better overall package, or the pose-ability factor, or whatever but to say physical appearance alone is better and more accurate to the show? All are entitled to their own opinion but I just can't see it.

The mouth articulation is an odd addition, the last time I remember HT trying this we got TFA Chewie. Yikes!

I still cannot understand how anyone can say the Hot Toys looks better than the Sideshow. Heck, there were some saying the Sideshow looks NOTHING like Grogu. What now?

I could see the argument for the Hot Toys being the better overall package, or the pose-ability factor, or whatever but to say physical appearance alone is better and more accurate to the show? All are entitled to their own opinion but I just can't see it.

It's really just the paint app. It is not good. Simple.

22rc1n.jpg

yes, I believe what he meant is, now that he already have the sideshow version, he is looking forward to compare it with the HT version when it's released.

Just released in HK. He looks better than the prototype, but to me it?s still not quite there.

fada8282bfe1e670ad77f365fcbb1d79.jpg

d04ade923ecd6c83a2c255342475c3f3.jpg

4c7c4d4cd5116c11ada1d9ef6bb2bbaf.jpg

8225cee41aa6eabc22c4d35fc16d25a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Positives: Much cuter, and skin/paint looks more realistic and translucent. Definitely better.

Negatives:
1. mouth is super off. I guess Bc they made it moveable.

2. cheeks might be too big, which compounded with the mouth makes him look like a cabbage patch doll.

3. eyes look a little too round and big (the actual prop has slightly more slanted and tapered eyes.

4. Ear seams and no hair on ears still

I think it pulls even with sideshow (had ss ahead based on the prototype) but I have significant issues with both.

I?m holding out for AOC Yoda level accuracy. It?s disappointing they are able to make a 1/6 scale yoda who legit looks like he was in the movie, but they just can?t seem to get an 1:1 scale grogu right.

BF020EC1-28EF-4C84-B205-BF1C72CC9253.jpg

That doesn't look perfect to me but the fact that it's a figure I can pose from time to time and not a statue is enough for me to pick it over the Sideshow version.

At least they made him look a little cuter instead of the terrifying little critter the proto was. It still doesn't look nearly as good as the Sideshow from a likeness standpoint. The ear seams are still way too prominent to the point of being distracting and the hair on his head looks kinda off. His head is too round and I wish HT properly put hair on his ears.

The posing aspect does look nice though, it looks like you can make him do some cool emotive stuff.

Like with most Hot Toys its their own idealised version of the character, instead of being 100% accurate.

I definitely think he looks cuter than the Sideshow version and I give them props for incorporating the moveable mouth.
And like was said above, being able to pose him trumps just being a statue that permanently looks upwards any day of the week.

The problem is the Sideshow version is just vastly superior in terms of likeness. I don't understand how you could look at both and choose the HT unless articulation is the most important thing to you.

Back