Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League coming in 2021

To be fair, the plan involved entering the midichlorian microverse, so probably just as well it got thrown out!

So something along the lines of an Ant-Man character coming into the fold? That would have been pretty dumb. Although what we got doesn't really hold together at all.

To be fair, the plan involved entering the midichlorian microverse, so probably just as well it got thrown out!

What plan you mean Gl circa 1989-2007 ideas on a notepad lol. That plan was dumped the minute gl sold the rights to disney, im also willing to bet had he not sold it that st version never would have saw the light of day, it would have been something completely different. There is a difference between a bunch of stories and brain storming ideas written down on a note pad and the planing that goes into a 3 movie story arc

Well, with things moving forward for the Snyder Cut (now officially The Director's Cut) I'm sure Cavill is back, it's just a question for how long.

Well, with things moving forward for the Snyder Cut (now officially The Director's Cut) I'm sure Cavill is back, it's just a question for how long.

I saw that report too that he signed on for 3 more movies with multiple appearances or cameos in other dc movies (like shazam 2 and black adam) but all the sites reporting it thus far arent very reliable. We need to wait on the official warner announcement - its very possible its true and they are just holding The announcement back not to start more of a **** storm with fisher who may claim its just another diversion tactic or maybe cavil asked them to withhold the official announcement out of respect for his colleagues current plight with the studio- or lastly they could be just waiting to announce it at the next dcfandom event this month or the nycc thing they are doing afterwards

I saw that report too that he signed on for 3 more movies with multiple appearances or cameos in other dc movies (like shazam 2 and black adam) but all the sites reporting it thus far arent very reliable. We need to wait on the official warner announcement - its very possible its true and they are just holding The announcement back not to start more of a **** storm with fisher who may claim its just another diversion tactic or maybe cavil asked them to withhold the official announcement out of respect for his colleagues current plight with the studio- or lastly they could be just waiting to announce it at the next dcfandom event this month or the nycc thing they are doing afterwards

Maybe for his next Shazam cameo he'll only appear from the neck up. :D

I don't know how sympathetic Cavil would be to this whole situation, maybe not the sympathy you might imagine.

Henry Cavil had a great story he shared once about when he was a kid he met Russell Crowe. Crowe, realizing how passionate this boy was about acting, told him the truth. Overall, about the love of movies, but that when making movies you often get treated like ****, but they pay you really well. Where on drama/stage acting, you can get treated pretty well, but there is no money in it.

Cavil has been in the system for decades now. Seen actors flip out, burnt-out directors, overbearing producers...the works. Some films are better situations than others, with different people around you. But you push through the bad times and enjoy the good times. Sometimes you have Christian Bale snap on set and yell at a cast-member or Josh Trank not liking studio interference to any degree, and disappearing to a pot filled trailer.

This is Fisher's first movie, really his first hollywood appearance and its a 200+ million movie. It didn't go the way he wanted it too. Did he see actors being *******s, probably. Did he see directors snap and tell him to shut up and do things, probably. Did producers tell him to do the lines as written or he would get replaced, probably. I don't condone this type of behavior, but just trying to relate my understanding of what big budget movies can be like.

I think Cavil, if he could sit down with him, would probably tell him when your working with millionaires, they are at best quirky and at worst abusive monsters. But its one of the rare jobs on the planet where you can make hundreds of thousands, if not millions for a few months work, and provide you with opportunities 99% of the planet couldn't experience. The wisdom imparted to him as a kid that the more glitz and glamour something appears to have, their is a cost to it.

I have seen first hand working on commission for some people for wealth, it can be not a pleasant experience. They expect what they want exactly, and will throw out vague threats of lawsuits or other things sometimes to stress you out on a slight miscommunication. Obviously, the average customer can be a-holes, but there is a different experience when dealing with somebody who has millions in the bank.

Is Fisher doing the right thing? I don't know. I think it would have helped if he had done a couple of smaller movies, and had actors give him the wisdom they had. Movies can be massive projects, with stressed out people working for many hours.

The thing is, the other JL actors have more wisdom. Afleck is coming back as Batman. Cavil likely as Superman. ****, it isn't out of the realm of possibility Snyder makes another movie with WB. Things don't always go the way you wanted, but their is the future for things to work out even better.

Fisher says Whedon yelled at him on set, and that was unacceptable. Maybe it was. Probably not the first time the other actors heard a director yell. Whedon probably had producers barking at him behind close doors as well, doesn't sound like a good filming experience for any soul.

My hope is that Fisher and WB can put this behind them. The other actors are eager it seems to get back into WB/DC and make more movies. I wouldn't be shocked if their agents haven't used the Fisher situation to ink new and better deals for themselves. I think the more recent DC movies have been overall pretty darn good. But Fisher's first date with a hollywood movie didn't go well, and he might not have any interest in hollywood for a long time, so I can understand him not wanting to move on.

Last edited:
Zack Snyder's Justice League coming in 2021

I will never understand people defending studios and poor treatment. Defending corrupt and abusive 1%..

I totally believe him, there?s absolutely nothing to tell you otherwise. Hopefully WB owns up and/or rectifies this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will never understand people defending studios and poor treatment. Defending corrupt and abusive 1%..

Agreed.

The Weinstein situation showed that we don't/won't/shouldn't have to put up with things because "that's how it is, and always has been"

People don't get to yell at you just because they're your boss. That behavior is not tolerable.

Fisher probably understands how it should be, because he has fresh eyes, but people like Affleck and/or Cavill are accustomed to ****** behavior, so they just accept it as normal. But normal and acceptable are not the same.

Yeah I believe fisher Geoff John's was way over his head , I can't believe they left him near any movie after his involvement in Green Lantern . And he wrote such a good comic how could he let go to **** like that.

Just because they know one medium does not mean he can work in another.

And mean while Marvel is moving on and working on tier 2 characters and DC is stuck in reboot mode. Batman again how can this movie even top the Nolan version it's a blatant copy. Should have gone with the justice league version . The have Thor in 3 solo movies and 4 team up movies plus a forth solo movie. And we are stuck in batman verse . And DC whether you like to admit it or not tap in to your catalog and bring out more characters including minority leads. Show us an integrated team. The justice league and had a biracial lead and a minority lead they all need solo movies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dc doesn?t believe in there characters. They thought Wonder Woman wouldn?t sell so they pushed her to the side. The movie division of DC is the dumbest division, all they have to do is look to the cartoons but they refuse and when marvel got huge money they rushed everything

Marvel is about to give us House of M and DC is now on their 11th Batman movie still trying to give us a proper detective Batman lol

I honestly don?t feel bad for them. Unlike marvel they have all there characters so there is no excuse to keep going back to Batman .

I honestly don?t feel bad for them. Unlike marvel they have all there characters so there is no excuse to keep going back to Batman .

DC makes some great animated content too, so a bit more surprising they haven't really figured out how to develop a string of good interconnected content. The MCU feels more like a spiritual successor to the Justice League Animated series than the DCEU at this point.

Back