1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no worries glad to help

ill work on the barbie tiara ,which is cheap and easy to find and post pictures tomorrow

Whoa. With the tiara that looks great. Does skin tone match the body well enough? Kind of hard to tell in the pics.

its hard to capture with my phone camera ,but the one i got looks good with both the hot toys figure and a phicen seamless body ,i think it maybe the blusher matches the hot toys body and makes it seem to match ,if that makes sense ,

the best way i found to capture how it looks in hand was to let it be slightly off focus in the picture below ,sorry its not a more definitive answer but hope this helps

20200305_092747.jpg

Thanks for all the pics man!

In the first one, it does look like the head is a bit small for the body, also it's still riding a bit high on the neck, but I suppose it's just placed on top and not really placed all the way in on the neck. I'll have to wait to have it in hand to judge it.
The Barbie tiara looks a lot better with the dry-brushing, so that' a relief! It's also riding a bit high, but I see you just have it tacked on (blue tack?). One of the things that bothered me about the HT sculpt is that the tiara is placed too high on the forehead, in photos you can always see more of Gal's forehead between the tiara and the hairline, so it'll be nice to be able to position it correctly once I put mine together.

I'll use this photo as reference:
58.jpg

yeah you'll get it sorted im sure ,it will help that you are using the stock hair so that eliminates trying to fit the larger hair piece ,which was quite challenging
and you'll be able to fit the tiara where you want it not where it needs to cover the join , if the hair color is too light ,i've had reasonable success darkening hair with a permanent marker pen ,anyway i look forward to seeing your endeavors pay off
cheers

moved the tiara down a little to closer resemble your picture

20200305_145631.jpg

While on the subject of customising Wonder Woman, has anybody tried making a skirt? I frigging hate that paper-like material HT used, it feels like it's going to rip and fall apart every time I want to pose WW in a more dynamic pose...

I'm honestly not one to go along the line of it looks better in hand but it does...only using phone but cant really capture it...it think it great.
20200609_101351.jpg

I got the earlier version of the sculpt (before the "official" WW version was announced) without the tiara, and I can say that it is a beautiful sculpt. The paint apps are great, and there's a very subtle texture to the skin that works wonderfully well. As for the likeness, it does have a bit of an Anna Paquin vibe, but it still looks way closer to Gal Gadot that the stock HT sculpt, especially from 3/4 angle.
Unfortunately, the color of this version (the GC034, I think), doesn't work at all with the HT WW body. Also, I couldn't figure out how to get it to sit properly on the socket, it ended up being a giraffe neck. I'll try to work on it a bit more though.

IMG_4842.jpg

Just took my figure out for the first time and the red paint from the legs is wet. The attached shows the paint after I have cleaned if with a napkin several times. Anybody come across this before?

Just took my figure out for the first time and the red paint from the legs is wet. The attached shows the paint after I have cleaned if with a napkin several times. Anybody come across this before?

It's quite common for this to happen.

I came across a photo of WW brand new out of the box and the box was soaked in red paint.

Back