Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last week I ordered this figure from toyswonderland in Hong Kong. I paid $250 total for the figure and DHL shipping. I cone home today and my figure is waiting. I couldn’t believe it. Cheaper than Sideshow and the same shipping time from across the world.

Last week I ordered this figure from toyswonderland in Hong Kong. I paid $250 total for the figure and DHL shipping. I cone home today and my figure is waiting. I couldn’t believe it. Cheaper than Sideshow and the same shipping time from across the world.

And this is why I don’t get the hate some people seem to harbor for TWL. That’s been my experience thus far as well.

Last week I ordered this figure from toyswonderland in Hong Kong. I paid $250 total for the figure and DHL shipping. I cone home today and my figure is waiting. I couldn?t believe it. Cheaper than Sideshow and the same shipping time from across the world.

Meanwhile Sideshow "pushed mine to the front of the line" and payment and shipping would be "priority processed" on a set date which is now 3 days ago and still waiting. They're hopeless. Not even my rewards points will bring me back to buy something from Sideshow again. TWL is the best.

And this is why I don’t get the hate some people seem to harbor for TWL. That’s been my experience thus far as well.

TWL prices seems to be in accordance to the market prices, even for newly release products.

And majority of the items are way overpriced than what the market suggested, there's a lot of issues that stopped me from buying from them.

You can get Aquaman at KGHobby for $250 total and that is better then getting him at sideshow. I was thinking of getting him but don't know how the body will turn out as from videos and others it's restricted.

Yeah I will admit the body is restricted by the suit. But like all Hot toys figures it looks good on the shelf. I bought him along with the JL Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman for a DCEU superfriends.

FE010009-9B0C-4301-826F-B8F0F60FDCAA.jpeg

Just?d like to share a pic of my latest catch :lol

Very well done figure, especially the finish on the costume! Love how it glistens under lights.

Solid ?A? figure for me, and looks even better when placed with the rest of the League.

Only bummer is my stand adapter is very flimsy, but thankfully has no issues supporting the figure.

I prefer the colors of this one over the JL version but it just looks like HT made his body too big to me. All the pics I’m seeing look like a tiny head on a massive body and then when he’s next to Supes he seems to tower over him. I can’t pull the trigger on this one because of that which is a shame.

I prefer the colors of this one over the JL version but it just looks like HT made his body too big to me. All the pics I?m seeing look like a tiny head on a massive body and then when he?s next to Supes he seems to tower over him. I can?t pull the trigger on this one because of that which is a shame.

In a way, that how it looked in real life.

I prefer the colors of this one over the JL version but it just looks like HT made his body too big to me. All the pics I’m seeing look like a tiny head on a massive body and then when he’s next to Supes he seems to tower over him. I can’t pull the trigger on this one because of that which is a shame.
Coco, I agree the figure height and body mass difference does look a bit jarring. Out if f curiosity, I Googled each actors’ height. Momoa is listed as 6’4”, and Cavill at 6’1”. I don’t have the JL Supes, but do have the MOS version, which was an unusually tall figure. Perhaps Aquaman might look better proportionately to the MOS figure in a group shot? That’s my hope, anyway. I wasn’t planning on getting the JL Supes, but will likely purchase this Aquaman sometime soon.

Coco, I agree the figure height and body mass difference does look a bit jarring. Out if f curiosity, I Googled each actors’ height. Momoa is listed as 6’4”, and Cavill at 6’1”. I don’t have the JL Supes, but do have the MOS version, which was an unusually tall figure. Perhaps Aquaman might look better proportionately to the MOS figure in a group shot? That’s my hope, anyway. I wasn’t planning on getting the JL Supes, but will likely purchase this Aquaman sometime soon.

Yeah, I have the MOS Supes and he’s huge. Way out of scale with other figures. I’m more put off by the way the head looks on Aquaman as opposed to his height but I gotta say, QGJ’s pics are making me rethink not getting this.

I will probably cave and order in a few days. Lol!

It is a big, gaudy figure - not sure how this dude can swim in this suit.

I'm proud of Hot Toys for making the attempt because I don't think it was easy. Probably should've gone with thinner materials though.

If you can wait until the sequel and see if an improved version will be created, I would.

Back