Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever. It is just the actors and no measurement for the fictional creatures.

Xenomorphs are taller as Yautja. Anything else would be just silly.

Maybe they are almost equal in size, and Yautja mostly stand upright like humans as the Xenos do tend to crouch or hunch over or as well depending of the character are quadrupedal.

I'm sorry, you lost the respect of the pedantic, arrogant, pretentious, pompous alien-snob in me the minute you use the word "yautja"... :rotfl
:peace

Xenomorphs are taller as Yautja. Anything else would be just silly.
probably. jajuja are so weak that i can easily believe they are 1.5 meters high. and their caveman aggression without any brain usage is a compensation.
but movie predators are at least equal in height to movie aliens. and vastly bigger in volume, which is also not the case in jajuja comics.

I'm sorry, you lost the respect of the pedantic, arrogant, pretentious, pompous alien-snob in me the minute you use the word "yautja"... :rotfl
:peace

I always liked the sound of "The Hish" as a name for the species, but according to the folks over on AVP Galaxy that's a different race of Predator altogether. Supposedly it's a re-imagining of the Predator from the Dark Horse books, controversial for being hermaphroditic and lacking a moral code.

Then again, the movies never discuss reproduction and the code thing is barely a theory in P1 & P2, so it ought to be fair game.

EDIT: Ok, so they enslave other species and teach their young how to hunt by using remote-controlled human drones. I'll stick with "Predator" and pretend that other nonsense doesn't exist. :lol

Last edited:
I always liked the sound of "The Hish" as a name for the species, but according to the folks over on AVP Galaxy that's a different race of Predator altogether. Supposedly it's a re-imagining of the Predator from the Dark Horse books, controversial for being hermaphroditic and lacking a moral code.

Then again, the movies never discuss reproduction and the code thing is barely a theory in P1 & P2, so it ought to be fair game.

EDIT: Ok, so they enslave other species and teach their young how to hunt by using remote-controlled human drones. I'll stick with "Predator" and pretend that other nonsense doesn't exist. :lol

Wise decision! :duff

:rotfl

Actually, I'm just a very casual Predator fan. I love the first movie, but that's about it. I actually like Rodriguez's Predators better than P2, and I haven't even read any of the comics...

:lol Damn, the killer hornets are already around. So in order to poke more into the stingers nest, why then not just stick with "Pussyface"? Aaaaaand the XX121 are taller. ;)

Wise decision! :duff

:rotfl

Actually, I'm just a very casual Predator fan. I love the first movie, but that's about it. I actually like Rodriguez's Predators better than P2, and I haven't even read any of the comics...

Good call on Predators. It?s indeed the second best Predator movie after the original with Arnold. Predator 2 is number three on my list. Then, AVP, Requiem...and coming in dead last, Shane Black?s The Predator, by far the worst of the Predator franchise movies. The Predator?s Iron Man/Gyver suit in the end, good grief. The Assassin Predator kills the Fugitive Predator with one swipe, yet struggles to kill the human hero...that?s because he only throws him around instead of killing him with one blow, lol. Requiem was pretty bad too (super dark, hard to see, plus all the humans sucked), but at least if features the baddarze Wolf Predator...plus it was ultra violent, I mean, the Predalien killing pregnant women is as gory as you can get.

1. Predator
2. Predators
3. Predator 2
4. AVP (crossover)
5. Requiem (crossover)
6. The Predator

:D

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
AvP
AvP:R (though in fairness I haven't seen this in years)
The Predator (only seen it once, it seemed pretty awful, could be an entertaining rewatch for all I yet know)

I also go with actor heights for the sizes of the Alien and Predator. Thus IMO collectibles should be depicting them about the same height as eachother....but none are. :banghead

Predator
Predator 2
Predators
AvP
AvP:R (though in fairness I haven't seen this in years)
The Predator (only seen it once, it seemed pretty awful, could be an entertaining rewatch for all I yet know)

I agree with this list although I will add that their is a significant drop in quality after number 4, I did however try to watch "The Predator" again. I can confirm that it is not any more entertaining second time around....

And that?s how an Alien related thread becomes infested with Yaujatis and Antarctic Teenage Xeno Hunters.....

This piece reminds me very much of the Kotobukiya 1:10 scale artfx model that I have but on a much larger scale. I personally love the pose and the closed mouth, so I'd just go for the regular edition. Hopefully we'll get some more info soon on what the delays may be like for these due to Covid and some production photos.
baaf52185955dbf8979fa0e3ed039325.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

This piece reminds me very much of the Kotobukiya 1:10 scale artfx model that I have but on a much larger scale. I personally love the pose and the closed mouth, so I'd just go for the regular edition. Hopefully we'll get some more info soon on what the delays may be like for these due to Covid and some production photos.
baaf52185955dbf8979fa0e3ed039325.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

it's on purpose. Same sculptor

Koto sculpt is better IMO.

That little Koto is a real gem. I wish P1 had outright copied the pose rather than closely replicating it. The little Koto has way more nuance to it in many small ways. The head is raised more for example which makes it look more aggressive. The hands, arms, legs and tail all just look better positioned also to my eye. I still like the Prime 1 statue, but the Koto is near perfect for its size. Only the actual skull/face sculpt lets it down slightly.

Just noticed also that none of these Alien statues have a price showing on the website currently. Probably a glitch, but it'd be lovely if they reappeared lower, they are very pricey ;)

Back