QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll appreciate you sharing your experience here.
I’ll try and post pictures once I get it. I guess the boots aren’t so bad to get off. Just roll up the pant leg and unzip. Lightly fold enough to pull it off the leg, and that’s that.

Damn. Great deal. Too bad it?s online only. None in stock near me. If anyone can get me one I?d pay for your time/shipping on top of the figure cost.

Not online, pick up only. I checked and it listed a Game Stop about :30 minutes from me. I was ready to walk out of the house, but called first. The guy had no idea what I was talking about. I told him it lists his location as the only one in Arizona with stock, he said they never had any.

Not online, pick up only. I checked and it listed a Game Stop about :30 minutes from me. I was ready to walk out of the house, but called first. The guy had no idea what I was talking about. I told him it lists his location as the only one in Arizona with stock, he said they never had any.
I don’t know why GameStop/ThinkGeek does that. If you’re running a sale offer an option for shipping. It’s no good to me to know about the sale if I can’t get it and just irritates me.

I actually got my Sulu through GameStop last year online and it was also heavily discounted and included free shipping...I think I ended up spending $100 even with all of the discounts...my local Thinkgeek store always has Sulu in stock...20 minutes away...Whenever I am there and see people literally walking by the 2 Sulus on the shelf (for months) it almost pains me to think about how the opportunity is being squandered when some collectors would stampede to buy those figures...unfortunately it has not reopened from the Pandemic yet. I miss the place. They keep updating their social media that they will be ?opening very soon.?

It's a common tactic by retailers to offer fantastic deals on in-store only items. By the time you get there, they simply say they are sold out, when in reality, they had none to begin with. It's a deceptive means of increasing footfall into the store. They believe you will be reluctant to leave empty handed, thus making the trip pointless, so increasing the likelihood you will make an unplanned purchase, to justify the journey.

Yep...?Bait & Switch? its infuriating. I worked in retail in college and my department store gave us a ton of training to ensure that we would not commit Bait & Switch...apparently there are consumer regulations against it. If the great priced promo item was out of stock we would literally have to give them another more expensive item for the price of the sold out promotional item.

Yep...?Bait & Switch? its infuriating. I worked in retail in college and my department store gave us a ton of training to ensure that we would not commit Bait & Switch...apparently there are consumer regulations against it. If the great priced promo item was out of stock we would literally have to give them another more expensive item for the price of the sold out promotional item.

Regulations aren?t what they used to be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually got my Sulu through GameStop last year online and it was also heavily discounted and included free shipping...I think I ended up spending $100 even with all of the discounts...my local Thinkgeek store always has Sulu in stock...20 minutes away...Whenever I am there and see people literally walking by the 2 Sulus on the shelf (for months) it almost pains me to think about how the opportunity is being squandered when some collectors would stampede to buy those figures...unfortunately it has not reopened from the Pandemic yet. I miss the place. They keep updating their social media that they will be ?opening very soon.?
If it opens and you can get me one again I’m willing to pay you for your time. Would be an awesome deal.

I’ll try and post pictures once I get it. I guess the boots aren’t so bad to get off. Just roll up the pant leg and unzip. Lightly fold enough to pull it off the leg, and that’s that.

I think the boots are not an issue, it's the overall look of the slimmer frame of the new body that counts...

Comparing to other 1:6 action figures the QMx TOS are not that sophisticated. You can get a Napoleon with all his decorations, boots, uniform, coat, sword etc. for 179 USD. And not a muscular body at all!!!

I think the boots are not an issue, it's the overall look of the slimmer frame of the new body that counts...

Comparing to other 1:6 action figures the QMx TOS are not that sophisticated. You can get a Napoleon with all his decorations, boots, uniform, coat, sword etc. for 179 USD. And not a muscular body at all!!!
No I get that the slimmer frame is the goal. I was just iffy on taking the boots off at first. I worried about damaging them, but they come off easier than I expected.

It’s just a head scratcher why anyone would use a muscular body for Spock and McCoy!

Because those are the kinds of bodies that have become regarded as the 'regular narrow shoulder' body type.

For some time companies have followed Hot Toys' model...

TTM19 Muscle body (Wolverine type)
TTM20 Advanced Muscular body (Schwarzenegger type)
TTM21 Regular body (narrow shoulder)
TTM22 Slim body (short and slim)

...producing lots of the TTM19 and TTM21 inspired styles.

For some reason the TTM22 Slim type fell out of use, and the gap is currently filled by the Bruce Lee type muscle bodies (e.g., Picard and Sulu, even though this smaller body was still too tall for Sulu).

There's a lot more variety in bodies nowadays, but the market is dominated by larger, more muscular versions. Still very little in the way of slim or short. So you end up looking in strange places for bodies that work better, scavenging them from complete figures because they've never been reproduced for sale as a loose item.

This was why I insisted and used my OWN MONEY to develop this Spock body for 1/6 trek so the company could move another step up the ladder, not to mention open an assortment of bodies for trek.

Remember, I said, I would do ALL trek? This is a modulated body with 4 different combinations, and a specifically designed under padding with 3 sizes, totaling to 12 different body shapes (4 shapes x 3 widths padding). The TMP kirk looks just right with the regular size and a regular padding. Btw, Kirk also had his own body specifically designed for the green leisure. But couldn't be used for TMP and twok, only TOS. (The head sculpt is about 20% better than the current one)

Free bodies, free talents, free production facilities, almost free development (i paid most if not all development up front) and still fail... i am still speechless.
441ed5cdea9142c5268856da8feeba96.jpg
bca9c73e0fdeb0a29389f9d92a295132.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

This was why I insisted and used my OWN MONEY to develop this Spock body for 1/6 trek so the company could move another step up the ladder, not to mention open an assortment of bodies for trek.

Remember, I said, I would do ALL trek? This is a modulated body with 4 different combinations, and a specifically designed under padding with 3 sizes, totaling to 12 different body shapes (4 shapes x 3 widths padding). The TMP kirk looks just right with the regular size and a regular padding. Btw, Kirk also had his own body specifically designed for the green leisure. But couldn't be used for TMP and twok, only TOS. (The head sculpt is about 20% better than the current one)

Free bodies, free talents, free production facilities, almost free development (i paid most if not all development up front) and still fail... i am still speechless.

If only they'd shared your vision, and saw the potential of your production model.

Instead they look to be floundering around in the dark. :(

If only they'd shared your vision, and saw the potential of your production model.

Instead they look to be floundering around in the dark. :(
They know well. Just that someone was not happy when all the problems were solved by me before any shxt happened. Investors would 3ven talk to them but me.

NetDragon founder DJ (the guy who built a Voyager as his office) had 4 or 11 million dollars to invest providing i agreed to monitor the company's well being. I refused. So the deal didn't move forward.

I brought in a Publicly Traded multi billion dollar investor to the office, and i was asked to leave the room...

The investor asked me after the meeting why I wasn't in the room when I knew exactly what could be done for the 2 companies, and why their were people in the room who didn't know what the heck was going on. DJ gave the company 20 minutes. DJ said his 20 minutes was wasted (He flied in to LA in his OWN plane) This encounter had the investor scratching his head for months. (NetDragon had been trying to hire me since 2017 with 7 times the salary offer).

I was the initator and coordinator for NetDragon / Sony Playstation VR Coop in 2018. I made Millions (stock value) for these 2 companies.

DJ respects me a lot because I used the 6 figures Appreciation Check to build a working facility for physical disables. I only asked DJ for a Tall Starbucks for compensation, i didnt ask for money. Then this Q company made me begged for 18 pieces of Kirk and Spock for 4 months.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They know well. Just that someone was not happy when all the problems were solved by me before any shxt happened. Investors would 3ven talk to them but me.

NetDragon founder DJ (the guy who built a Voyager as his office) had 4 or 11 million dollars to invest providing i agreed to monitor the company's well being. I refused. So the deal didn't move forward.

I brought in a Publicly Traded multi billion dollar investor to the office, and i was asked to leave the room...

The investor asked me after the meeting why I wasn't in the room when I knew exactly what could be done for the 2 companies, and why their were people in the room who didn't know what the heck was going on. DJ gave the company 20 minutes. DJ said his 20 minutes was wasted (He flied in to LA in his OWN plane) This encounter had the investor scratching his head for months. (NetDragon had been trying to hire me since 2017 with 7 times the salary offer).

So much opportunity squandered.

1/6 Trek feels like it's in limbo while the company sits on the license. :(

Opportunity squandered is probably putting lightly at least for us ST fans.

Not knowing all the particulars maybe there were some valid reasons for QMX to bail on ST 1/6 (Or at least valid in their own minds) but as a ST fan and someone who has been following Nanjin for years it is crushing to know how close we were and what could have been if Nanjin had been allowed to just go for it with a company backing him up and supporting him instead of tripping him up and discouraging him.

Nanjin, any news on when/if the Polaris bodies be available for purchase?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back