1/6 did apollo 11 astronaut fiftieth anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possibly. Looking at some suit pics I do see there are a couple labels on his RCU (the part his camera attaches to), including his name. Not sure about the rest of the decals though. I messaged them on FB but not sure if they'll ever respond.

Edit: Ok they just sent me these two pics. Figured I'd share in case anyone else needs them.

View attachment 486441

View attachment 486442

Bump! Thanks for sharing these!

I was able to pick up all three bases plus the interior section loose and they are beautiful. My plan is to upgrade my Dragon/DML figures utilizing the Armstrong and Aldrin ones.

The bases are essential to making the figure displays classy.

Congrats on getting them! I see the parts have almost completely vanished from TA...I assume they were pricey? I'm also curious do you remember what the original Dragon figures retailed for?

Congrats on getting them! I see the parts have almost completely vanished from TA...I assume they were pricey? I'm also curious do you remember what the original Dragon figures retailed for?

I think it was around $60 bucks for "Buck". I picked up two in order to make one Armstrong and the other Aldrin but DML/Dragon ended up releasing an Aldrin figure as well. My plans have been to convert the extra Buck to Alan B. Shepard on Apollo 14. I've got the old conversion kit for that update.

The bases were pricey but I think worth it.

The bases look really beautiful but I do wish there was a separate diorama base available to display Armstrong and Aldrin together on the luna surface.

Thanks I was just curious. Back then $60 was probably alot for a 1/6 figure. I wasn't collecting until years later.

Yep, $60 bucks was steep at the time for a Dragon figure. Their releases were military figures selling for around $35 or so, if not mistaken.

I remember when breaking $100 bucks for a figure was the financial line never to be crossed, by most collectors... Ah, the naivety of that time...

FYI, Danoby2 on YouTube bought the set and has posted a review of Neil Armstrong

I haven't assembled any of my figures yet but I have them in hand. The Danoby review should come in handy when putting them together. He came up with a nifty fix for the camera issue that has been brought up here using a small magnet and a small washer.

I don't post pictures very often, but this figure is awesome.
Straight out of the box. Sorry for the phone photos. Some threads to trim here and there and a bit of glue residue in places.

IMG_6031.jpg

IMG_6040.jpg
Armstrong didn't wear his Speedmaster on the surface on the moon but whatever.

IMG_6023.jpg
Get too close and he's walking on moon-cake icing.

Danoby2 review of Buzz is up. Again it looks amazing. He takes the pack apart this time and the attention to detail of the intricate inner workings is nothing short of amazing on the part of DID:clap. I thought the price was high but now I understand why. The Buzz sculpt looks a bit better than the Neil imo.

https://youtu.be/bqscyTbo8hM

Really tempted to pick up an Armstrong figure after seeing the posts here and watching Danoby?s videos. Couple questions for those that have him. Does his base also come with the peg hole to put the flag in? Also, it seems like every pic and video I?ve seen so far has the legs flaring outward at the knees, is this just due to futzing/posing or does the stitching and material of the suit really make it want to sit that way?
dfcd53e93ecd471da9f2efc9eff5d61b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzz comes with the flag.

Danoby's videos really provide a good review of what is included with each figure. He just needs to share Collins video.

Back