1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tight.
C3Z4iaMl.jpg

Yeah, there's a nice range of movement with the helmeted version.

The Brie Larson sculpt will remain in the box, as I hate it even more than I hate Hot Toys' idiotic decision regarding her lack of ankle articulation.

Anyone else calling BS on Optibotimus claiming he got his from BBTS and it's already here? You know that MF got it from Hong Kong...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Yesterday Sideshow delayed my final payment from June 20th to July 20th.

Deluxe Version, ordered in April 2019. Not happy about this since I've already paid everything besides my final payment by December 2019.

Yesterday Sideshow delayed my final payment from June 20th to July 20th.

Deluxe Version, ordered in April 2019. Not happy about this since I've already paid everything besides my final payment by December 2019.

Mine hasn’t been yet but since all my other June payments have already been bumped I am expecting this one to be too.

Im in the group that prefers the helmeted sculpt. Ever since the pictures of the prototype dropped I knew I had to have it that way. The headsculpt does look great though, but like davejames said, she has no articulation with it. I suppose one day I'll make a Captain Marvel in civilian clothes or just buy the sw toys one when its out and swap the heads. Right now I'm working on a Talos figure with the blue suit from the movie and the Toys Era head/hand set, should be here on Monday

I actually prefer the unhelmeted sculpt on it's own, but on the figure when she can only look straight ahead it just makes the figure look too stiff and robotic.

Good point, similar to what you aforementioned that this sculpt needed more expression (but for me I cannot be too bothered :))

Anyone else calling BS on Optibotimus claiming he got his from BBTS and it's already here? You know that MF got it from Hong Kong...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I got mine on 5/27.....it's not too far outside the ream of possibility.....

Carol is in the house! Here's a quick pic in a rather neutral pose:

cm3.jpeg

This is actually my deluxe order from Sideshow - my regular version from PCZ (along with Punisher War Machine) should be arriving tomorrow. When that comes I'll set it up with the BL sculpt & leather jacket. BTW, I added ankle extensions which IMO makes her look the appropriate height (although she already looked as tall or taller than my BWs, Gamora, Maria Hill, Scarlet Witch, etc.). I used the ones which are the third from the left in the photo below, which fit snugly in her shoes without use of an additional ball joint (this effectively made them 1/2" extensions, but I didn't have those available). Using these raised the ball joints to the top of the shoes, allowing for greater range of motion. Note that the pegs in CM's legs seemed to be glued in place, so replacing them with longer pegs didn't appear to be an option.

Screenshot_2020-06-01 1 2 Normal 'n Extra Long Foot Leg Peg Joint Adapter Set For 12 Hot Toys Ph.jpg

Carol is in the house! Here's a quick pic in a rather neutral pose:

View attachment 486453

This is actually my deluxe order from Sideshow - my regular version from PCZ (along with Punisher War Machine) should be arriving tomorrow. When that comes I'll set it up with the BL sculpt & leather jacket. BTW, I added ankle extensions which IMO makes her look the appropriate height (although she already looked as tall or taller than my BWs, Gamora, Maria Hill, Scarlet Witch, etc.). I used the ones which are the third from the left in the photo below, which fit snugly in her shoes without use of an additional ball joint (this effectively made them 1/2" extensions, but I didn't have those available). Using these raised the ball joints to the top of the shoes, allowing for greater range of motion. Note that the pegs in CM's legs seemed to be glued in place, so replacing them with longer pegs didn't appear to be an option.

View attachment 486458

She looks great posed like that Buffinator!!

Btw where did you get the ankle extensions?

She looks great poses like that Buffinator!!

Btw where did you get the ankle extensions?

Thanks. I just ordered another set from this place on eBay. There are a couple of others outfits in the U.S. on eBay with similar ones. OSK also carries them, but with the delays in overseas mail I opted for a domestic source.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-Normal-n-Extra-Long-Foot-Leg-Peg-Joint-Adapter-Set-For-12-Hot-Toys-Phicen/162593667434?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Any chance we can see a standing pose with those longer pegs in? I plan to do the same with mine, and you're the first I've seen to have tried it. :)

I was going to wait until my second figure arrived, but I'll see if I can post a few later today.

Oh cool, didn't realize there was another source for those besides OSK.

I think the OSK versions are higher quality (better ball joint fit), but these other ones work OK.

And yeah the proportions do seem better there. I always thought the lower legs seemed unnaturally short before.

I thought so as well. What's odd is that the knee joint is actually toward the bottom of the knee pads. The pad positioning (at least on mine) makes the calves seem longer than they actually are.

Back