Hot Toys: The Dark Knight: 1/4 The Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5859.jpg

Great pic & lighting. I still wish both halves of the special edition sculpt would've had the "interrogation" makeup - that side of the half-face seems to make the sculpt look a lot better than it is. I think it would've been a lot more useful than a weird artsy rendition that was intended to highlight how good the paint and sculpt were, only to do the exact opposite.

Forgive the crude edit.

YnCfOv7.jpg

Or, you know, actually make a second head with a different expression - like they did for both of their 1/4th scale Batmen. And their previous attempt at Joker from almost ten years ago.

up_19.jpg

And the one before that.

hqdefault.jpg

And the one before that.

mib_hot_toys_dx01joker_the_dark_knight_16_scale_action_figure_1527466591_a7040d8e.jpg

Seriously, I've said it before but it's hard trying to pose this guy because he looks so lifeless. I usually don't care for PERS since it ruins some figures' eye shapes, but I think it would've helped a lot here.

I'd love to have a head based on any one of these shots.

Joker_thumb.png

nnmp69n8tn541.jpg

JokerVideo.jpg

Oh well. This release reeks of being phoned-in. At least we got the metal pipe and dark blue blazer this time. :lol

Last edited:
Anyone got any photos of him in the daft toys coat they could post please, I?m still trying to convince myself I need it. Also want to get a new head sculpt but can?t find many options. Thought they would be more on eBay now
2dbd653c28a78ebeef3f12eae42da28d.jpg

7ca678422491282635aa724189cd1b20.jpg

63d573c5ccc1e2863e8f7f887fdcb852.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2947d763ed96f8c5e749e3806f6ecd30.jpg

Thought I well post a new photo and pose I took of this guy. Still love this guy a lot. I just wish the hair was better but overall I?m still very happy with him.

Just got mine. I?m not to impressed with it but I still like it. The scars I feel aren?t deep enough and for some reason I can?t get his right arm to bend . Still a great addition to my collection tho

Just got mine. I?m not to impressed with it but I still like it. The scars I feel aren?t deep enough and for some reason I can?t get his right arm to bend . Still a great addition to my collection tho

Congratz! Yeah while I think it's not up to par with HT's leading standards, it still seems like a good figure.

I’m the same way with it. He’s still impressive looking on the shelf but I think omrjoker mentioned the biggest problem. The hair really detracts from it. Well done rooted hair would have really elevated this thing.

Yes I def like it a lot but it?s not a huge knockout like I thought it?d be. Tbh I was more impressed with the old bank robber joker. Again I still really love this figure. But yes it could have been much better than what we got. The scars aren?t as defined and remind me of that DC direct joker

Also that stand is atrocious. So useless . He can barely stand correctly on it. I had to use an old one I had

Thanks, Brabus. I'll get some more photos up later - just taking it all in now. I literally posted as I was unboxing :)

I'll be displaying him in the daftoys coat. I'm kind of thinking I might miss the bomb rig, but there are so many accessories that I shouldn't have a problem rotating something new in now and then.

The head is a 1/4 Creg Joker 5.0. - it's just a way different sculpt than either of the two Hot Toys delivered sculpts. Nightt47 is doing the paint and hair. I should have it back sometime first quarter. Very much looking forward to getting that one!

Alright BigWayne? Did you get your 1/4 creg 5.0 back yet? Would love to see some photos if you can? Still haven?t bought the daftoys coat but I have got 2 1/4 creg sculpts on the way to me a 5.0 and an earlier one of his to paint up.

Anyone else with custom joker sculpts they could share?

Anyone know where I can get a 1/4 neck adapter to fit the neck peg. Don?t want to have to remove my hot toys one if I can help it.

Thanks

Alright BigWayne? Did you get your 1/4 creg 5.0 back yet? Would love to see some photos if you can? Still haven?t bought the daftoys coat but I have got 2 1/4 creg sculpts on the way to me a 5.0 and an earlier one of his to paint up.

Anyone else with custom joker sculpts they could share?

Sorry - it was supposed to be done first quarter, but I'm still waiting on it. I guess @Nightt47 is catching up from all the Covid stuff in China. As soon as I get some photos, I'll go ahead and post them here.

Back